Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenismo power
s.l.o.w.m.o.t.i.o.n.

noob simplified mycelium transfer theory.. reality check?
    #8700817 - 07/30/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so I am sure mycelium transfers have been addressed previously.. but I came up with my own theory after reading some complicated teks..

Wouldnt it make sense to boil water.. put 10cc in a syringe..

PC the syringe with water so that they become sterile...

take a fully colonized jar.. inject 10cc of sterile water into your fully colonized jar.. (carefully to not let in contaminants..) swish around a bit to collect some mycelium from all points of the jar.. especially any on the glass.. then suck that back up.. (if it clogs, let a lil back out while in the jar.. and repeat process until you have a syringe full)..

then proceed to do whatever you were going to do with the colonized jar as normal..

but now take your new mycelium water syringe and inject into a new substrate jar.. (all 10cc..) of course flame needle etc..

to colonize 10x faster than  a 1cc of spore water would have..?

i know from reading that mycelium cant be recycled repeatedly.. but i figure once a jar.. would be healthy to clone to get a more rapid colonize time from persay round 2 jars..(all mycelium/clone transfer)..

i know there are many methods.. but do you see where im going with this?

totally noob theory but i figure this drastically simplifies the procedure to avoid contam..

comments? suggestions? devils advocate?[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewisp

Re: noob simplified mycelium transfer theory.. reality check? [Re: nismo power]
    #8700822 - 07/30/08 03:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
Re: noob simplified mycelium transfer theory.. reality check? [Re: wisp]
    #8700825 - 07/30/08 03:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Been done, it works just fine, some people swear by it.

--------------------
This post approved by:

Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Offlinenismo power
s.l.o.w.m.o.t.i.o.n.

Re: noob simplified mycelium transfer theory.. reality check? [Re: Skeeblix]
    #8700829 - 07/30/08 03:28 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

great link thanks.. the pressure would have pulled the water out of the syringe.. but the tek shows me how to fix that.. and do multiple syringes at once.. brilliant.. thanks for the link.

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: noob simplified mycelium transfer theory.. reality check? [Re: nismo power]
    #8700957 - 07/30/08 05:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks trip for the link great tek and worth the read

--------------------

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: noob simplified mycelium transfer theory.. reality check? [Re: Ozzy_shroomer]
    #8701088 - 07/30/08 07:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

here's one for ya. simple easy and very effective. it's called the 9er cloning tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/8433/The-9er-Tek

after you get your myc water store it in a vacutainer in the frig. you can do up 20 vacutainers of clones and it last you a year no problem. just make sure you test one vacutainer to make sure you got what you want clone wise. that means when you clone you can pick the fastest meatiest cluster of em all:thumbup:

Vacutainer Tube - 10.0ml Glass Serum Tube Red Stopper No Additivies

edit: you can take 3 ml of myc water from this tek and colonize a brf in 7 days just spray it in a circular motion.

it is very important to be very sterile while doing this tek.

Edited by smokedout420 (07/30/08 07:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract