Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlatore
A humble writerof fantasy
Loc: University of Iowa
Eating gradually throughout the night
    #868912 - 09/07/02 12:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My friends and I plan to trip in a couple short weeks or so. However, I would like to have enough for the three of us to eat throughout the night and maintain a long, fluid experience, as my girlfriend and I tend to come down rather quickly. Whenever I've tripped, I've eaten a few grams at the start and that's it. So, I'm wondering when in the trip is a good time to eat a few more. Right before the peak? During the peak? After the peak, when we start to come down?

Also, say if I eat two grams at the start, how much should I eat when I decide to eat more? I guess I'm just worried about my tolerance building up and the shrooms going to somewhat of a waste. Anyway, thanks for any input you may provide.

Alatore

--------------------
"If everything is possible, then it is possible for something to be impossible."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: Alatore]
    #868929 - 09/07/02 01:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In my opinion the best thing to do is to just simply eat a bigger dose at the start.  :smile:Going back up wouldn`t be any fun at all in my view. :tongue: (maybe alot of other peoples view to) 

OfflinePoopman
Man of Poop
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: ]
    #869155 - 09/07/02 03:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Try smoking a little reefer when you feel like you are coming down...

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
    #870024 - 09/08/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience, re-dosing on shrooms has been pretty useless.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #870452 - 09/08/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience, re-dosing on shrooms has been pretty useless.

My experience has been the same. If I eat more fruit while tripping, I extend the trip a bit perhaps, but I never seem to increase the level of the trip.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAlatore
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: Seuss]
    #870512 - 09/08/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, I kind of figured that would be the general consensus. Oh well, no big deal really. It should still be a great experience. We plan to trip around when the leaves start to change color. Whenever I've tripped before it's usually been in the spring or summer, so I'm looking forward to a surreal autumn. Besides, autumn is my favorite season.

Thanks for the input,
Alatore

--------------------
"If everything is possible, then it is possible for something to be impossible."

Offline7uptrippsy
shroomer
    #871903 - 09/09/02 07:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

This is an idea that i've used several times and always seems to work well. What i tend to do when i want to experiance a long trip is, first, I'll eat 3/4 of the amount of shrooms i plan to trip on that night. Most of the time I'll eat about 6grams total... so at first i would eat 4.5 grams. Then i will wait until i start to feel the trip starting to rise. This time would be about an hour or two into the trip, so that im almost at my peak but not quite. At that time i eat the remaining 1.5grams of shrooms. what this does is two things, first of all when i hit my peak i will start to get the effect of all the shrooms. Second, since i ate the later shrooms an hour into the trip it makes the peak last an hour longer. The benifit is you dont get the rollercoaster effect of going up down and back up. Also, since its only an extra hour you dont get jaded from tripping so long. Try it, im sure youll be happy with the results.

OfflineAlatore
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: 7uptrippsy]
    #872007 - 09/09/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, cool. Maybe I'll give that a try. Except six grams would really FUCK ME UP. I'll probably eat a few grams less than that since we'll most likely be wandering around outside. And, last time I suffered ego death while in public, I woke up in the hospital with a broken wrist and it took nearly 100 stitches and staples to seal all the cuts on my body...lol. To this day I can't remember how most of those scars got there. At least my johnson was still perfectly intact.

Thanks,
Alatore

--------------------

Offlinenoisycricket
Your FriendlyNeighborhoodCricket
Loc: Everymeadow, USA
    #873803 - 09/10/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I remember one of my first trips, it was around a level 2 maybe low level 3. I remembered someone saying that that nitrous oxide will catapult you into new levels of your trip. Well I tried it just as I was peaking and all I can say is whah! ( I hope I spelled that right). I went from mild visuals and thinking about the desert around my home to thinking I was the desert and then I was the sky! Then I conqured the universe with the help of some friendly and ferocious sea monkeys (Im not kidding) The extra boost only lasted around 10 minutes but it totaly blew my mind.

--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #874151 - 09/10/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I find it works if you increase the second dosage. Take 2g, then when the peak is clearly over, take 3 more. You probably still won't even exceed the intensity of the first dose, but it won't be a letdown.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #874330 - 09/10/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you want a longer trip, take your second dose soon after the peak (within a half hour).

If you peak at the 3 hour mark, take your second dose around the 3.5 hour mark, and your trip should be extended by at least a couple hours, and those post-peak hours will be at a higher level than normal (but not as high as the peak).

Smoking weed will have an effect on the trip. I don't know for sure if I'd say it "enhances" the effects of the shrooms, but there is a definate combined effect.

I've only tried N2O once while doing LSD, and did not obtain the fantastical results others have claimed. I don't know if I wasn't doing it right, but I've never personally got much out of N2O, mixed with other drugs, or by itself.

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: Tempanensis]
    #875058 - 09/10/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I ate a couple grams of mushies just after the peak and it did extend the experience some. I ate the first couple grams around 2 pm and the others around 5 pm. I still had some visuals until around 10 pm and other effects until around 12 am. I didn't peak as hard from the second batch of mushies though. It was a level 3 trip for the first peak but only a level 2 trip after the second ingestion. It probably doesn't work as well because of the quick tolerance that develops. If you have a lot though than what the hell. Why not try? I find that good pot and nitrous definitely enhance my journey and can breifly catapult me to the next level.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: funwithgus]
    #876084 - 09/10/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. I stated that your post-peak experience would be higher (and longer) than normal (normal being without taking a second dose), but not as high as the peak.

If you have extra shrooms, it's safer to spread them out a bit, than to take them all at once.

If you have 5g... and want a 3g trip that lasts longer. Take 3g first, then the other 2g right after the peak. If you were to take 2g first, then 3g after the peak, you'd have a 2g trip that would stay at a 2g peak for most of the remainder of the trip.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: Tempanensis]
    #879487 - 09/12/02 01:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Suess and captain karma are correct. redosing doesnt do much.

Its all about getting as much psilos in your blood in the shoortest amount of time. This is my theory why tea still hits you hard even tho heat reduces potencty. Liquids absorb much faster then solids.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Re: Eating gradually throughout the night [Re: baraka]
    #879611 - 09/12/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It all depends what you want to accomplish.

Do you want a longer lasting trip, but don't have access to LSD or mescaline?

A regular shroom trip only lasts about 5 or 6 hours.

You can extend the trip to 8-10 hours by redosing right after the peak.

If you want a short, out of this world trip, then take them all at once.

Don't make a tea -- put them in a blender with orange juice -- or try grapefruit juice.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #880070 - 09/12/02 07:09 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You should look into MAO inhibitors, such as Syrian Rue.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois.shtml

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag