Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekmkingdom
Stranger

A Few Questions Regarding Casings and FC Size/Setup
    #8698130 - 07/29/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, so Ive been reading the forums quite a bit lately, and after finally making my first post regarding whether or not I had been hit with contam, it seems that I am in the clear for the time being.

For those that havent read my previous post and arent familiar with my situation, I currently have 5, 1-Pint Jars colonizing.  They should be done within the next week and a half/two weeks.

Now, I plan on casing these jars to maximize my potential yield in hopes to have myself a nice little stash to go through the summer/fall with for me and my friends.

Ive read the Casing 101, 50/50+ Casing Tek, and the "Getting the most out of your casing" threads, and this seems as though I could pull it off.

I would like to use http://www.twinsupply.com/janitorial/images/100/REYRC1149.JPG these kind of trays, and Im wondering what sizes and how many cakes per size, per tray would be recommended?

In other words, how many cakes I would need for each tray depending on the size of said tray?

And my second question, what would be a recommended FC setup/size for these casings?

If Im wrong in anything that Ive referenced or said, please feel free to correct.  As Im still new and learning about this interesting hobby.

*PS - Ive tried searching through the forums but to no avail I must not be typing in the right keywords for what Im looking for.  So I figure just ask the question personally and hopefully get an answer attuned for said questions.

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Tx
Re: A Few Questions Regarding Casings and FC Size/Setup [Re: kmkingdom]
    #8698526 - 07/29/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to The Shroomery.
There is a calculator in my sig. Its Mojo's Props to him Even thogh he's not around here any more. Download it and use it. It's great.

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

Re: A Few Questions Regarding Casings and FC Size/Setup [Re: kmkingdom]
    #8699659 - 07/29/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I would never buy any containers online, mainly because it's not worth it, and as in your situation it's hard to calculate what could fit in.
Look at your pint cakes, and go to almost any big store such as Walmart and take a look at what they have, and estimate how big your box should be to fit in those 5 cakes. :wink:

It really depends on how big you want each casing to be(5 small ones, 2 mediums, 1 large...etc) and just keep in mind your substrate to spawn rations[(1:2 usually) if using spawn], and that you will need to apply a casing layer.

Best of luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags