Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblegoop
Male User Gallery

brf cakes lacking nutrients
    #8694979 - 07/28/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ive read a lot on brf cakes not having as much nutrients as wbs. which sometimes tends to make the fruits less potent on brf cakes. i was wondering if there is a way to make my brf cakes more nutritious to get more potent fruits with out having to use a pressure cooker. any help appreciated

Edit: also with out using casing. im only aiming to just do plain old brf cakes.

--------------------
whats this man saying?

Edited by goop (07/28/08 10:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: brf cakes lacking nutrients [Re: goop]
    #8695116 - 07/28/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

A pressure cooker has nothing to do with it

There's really nothing you can do to make them more potent without using casings. I guess you could try to alter the recipe and add more brf. . .

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: brf cakes lacking nutrients [Re: freeDOOM]
    #8695159 - 07/28/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

No one here loves to bash cake sniffers more than I do but I'm gonna have to skip the chance to bash them here because it simply does not matter,I would simply love to go into my usual "Cakes are the biggest mycological mistake invented by mankind" but the plain fact is that as far as potency goes it really makes no difference whatsoever,cakes or birdseed,cased or uncased.Potency is nearly 100% genetic,spawning to bulk substrates allows for better flushes and bigger/more mushrooms but its mostly just a matter of getting more moisture into them,not necessarily more nutrients,people have been playing with adding things to their substrates for ever and no one has ever really proved anything consistent that anything really matters potency wise.Its always gonna be a crap shoot with multispore and unless working with a good tested and proven clone or isolate its more or less impossible to predict what you are in store for in the potency department

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
Re: brf cakes lacking nutrients [Re: Blutjager]
    #8695273 - 07/28/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^-- Im pretty sure I like you, 5 stars! :crazy2:

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8695284 - 07/28/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

goop said:
Ive read a lot on brf cakes not having as much nutrients as wbs. which sometimes tends to make the fruits less potent on brf cakes. i was wondering if there is a way to make my brf cakes more nutritious to get more potent fruits with out having to use a pressure cooker. any help appreciated

Edit: also with out using casing. im only aiming to just do plain old brf cakes.

There's nothing wrong with the potency of the fruit from BRF cakes at all. They taught me much respect. You can read this trip report to see what I mean: Hammer of the Gods.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: brf cakes lacking nutrients [Re: MonstroniuM]
    #8695302 - 07/28/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MonstroniuM said:
^-- Im pretty sure I like you, 5 stars! :crazy2:

Thanks,5 right back at you :rockon:

Invisiblegoop
Male User Gallery

#8695415 - 07/28/08 11:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Mad River. i read your trip report it was a good read.

I've decided on my strain.I'm going to order Mazatapec strain from Ralphstersspores.com.
I'm not sure if its possible to tell but I hear Ralphsters has really good spores. does that mean their spores have good genetics? or just reliable?
I'm just gonna follow the pf tek method to the last letter and hope for the best.
Just a question. I'm going to be inoculating ten 1/2 pint jars. Roughly how many mushrooms in weight completely dried do you think i should expect - following the pf tek method exactly to the letter + dunking and rolling.

--------------------
whats this man saying?

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8695421 - 07/29/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

No way to tell. Just follow directions and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

Invisiblegoop
Male User Gallery

Re: brf cakes lacking nutrients [Re: Mad River]
    #8695468 - 07/29/08 12:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mad River said:
No way to tell. Just follow directions and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

yea. I'm already pretty excited. I'm feeling pretty good about doing pf cakes. even if I don't get very many shrooms, ill be happy that I grew some. I'm probably going to make a grow log as i havent found any full grow logs of mazatapecs on brf cakes.

--------------------
whats this man saying?

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

#8695993 - 07/29/08 04:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

you can add little blood meal or malt extract but really, it wont make any difference!

If you want big hervasts you should try bulk grows!

Quote:

Blutjager said:
No one here loves to bash cake sniffers more than I do but I'm gonna have to skip the chance to bash them here because it simply does not matter,I would simply love to go into my usual "Cakes are the biggest mycological mistake invented by mankind" but the plain fact is that as far as potency goes it really makes no difference whatsoever,cakes or birdseed,cased or uncased.Potency is nearly 100% genetic,spawning to bulk substrates allows for better flushes and bigger/more mushrooms but its mostly just a matter of getting more moisture into them,not necessarily more nutrients,people have been playing with adding things to their substrates for ever and no one has ever really proved anything consistent that anything really matters potency wise.Its always gonna be a crap shoot with multispore and unless working with a good tested and proven clone or isolate its more or less impossible to predict what you are in store for in the potency department

I like it :thumbup: ^
5ed

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds