Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Chapel of Sacred Mirrors
    #8694474 - 07/28/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So I went to CoSM this past weekend and took some pictures, check out the pictures in my album for more...

If anyone is interested in the full size images (tey are like 3000x2000) drop me a PM and le tme kno which ones you'd like.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: Platinum]
    #8694604 - 07/28/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How was it?

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8694639 - 07/28/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

it was awesome. i met some kid there and we just talked about nothing and everything for a good 2-3 hours. apparently he has been going there ever since it opened. and watched net of being get painted, from start to finish. must be awesome to see something like that from the beginning to the end.

Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
    #8694863 - 07/28/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You're incredibly lucky man.

I want to get married in this place. It's so beautiful. I'm not in the financial position to go, and for everyone in the same situation that likes Alex Grey there's a documentary about COSM available on netflix that's a pretty succinct explanation of his work.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #8694983 - 07/28/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to go there spinning, but whenever I goto the city with cidney, I usually end up going to listen to music.  Something I will eventually do though.  Its an interesting place though, but I would probably get bored within 2 hours and want to leave.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: fapjack]
    #8695023 - 07/28/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Next time, get a picture of the Despair painting.  If it's there.  That's my favorite Grey piece.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinehalo
Tripper
Male

#8695085 - 07/28/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I went to CoSM back in March. It was the best art gallery I saw while in NYC by far!

Alex's artwork is so spiritual and moving to me at least. If you get the chance to go, go its totally worth it.

--------------------
All drugs should be legal

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #8695087 - 07/28/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Were any of these paintings there? Vision crystal, wonder, theologue,journey of the wounded healer, gaia, holy fire, transfiguration, oversoul? 

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Edited by danlennon3 (07/29/08 12:16 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8695481 - 07/29/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah CoSM is great..I'm usually there once a month for the Entheocentric Salon parties, trying to get a good Shroomery crew to go to the next one, Sept. 21.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
    #8696079 - 07/29/08 05:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

there's sign's everywhere saying, "no pictures,"  jerk.

way to damage the artwork! :wink:

definitely one of the coolest spots in the city.. there's always someone interesting to talk to and great art to see...

I'm actually excited for their move to upstate... I can't wait to see the completion of the new space and how close to their vision it turns out.  Regardless of form, Alex's land upstate is going to become a very important gathering place for the psychadelic community.

:smile:

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: Yoschie99]
    #8696207 - 07/29/08 07:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
I'd like to go there spinning, but whenever I goto the city with cidney, I usually end up going to listen to music.  Something I will eventually do though.  Its an interesting place though, but I would probably get bored within 2 hours and want to leave.

Yeah I had taken 2 hits, but they turned out to be bunk. If I focused on something I could MAKE it move, but other than that, everything was pretty normal. I just felt weird, with a terrible back ache, but that was the plan.

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
Were any of these paintings there? Vision crystal, wonder, theologue,journey of the wounded healer, gaia, holy fire, transfiguration, oversoul? 

Vision crystal is there, didn't get a picture. I didn't see wonder. Theologue is DEFINITELY there... it's right behind net of being. For some reason I didn't take a picture. Journey of the wounded healer was there, got a picture of that. Gaia was there, got a picture of that. Holy Fire wasn't there. Last time I was there it was there, but Net of Being is in it's place now. Transfiguration is there, but not in the main gallery. And oversoul was there, got a picture of that.

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Yeah CoSM is great..I'm usually there once a month for the Entheocentric Salon parties, trying to get a good Shroomery crew to go to the next one, Sept. 21.

I am absolutely down to go...

Quote:

Yoschie99 said:
there's sign's everywhere saying, "no pictures,"  jerk.

way to damage the artwork! :wink:

definitely one of the coolest spots in the city.. there's always someone interesting to talk to and great art to see...

I'm actually excited for their move to upstate... I can't wait to see the completion of the new space and how close to their vision it turns out.  Regardless of form, Alex's land upstate is going to become a very important gathering place for the psychadelic community.

:smile:

That's why I had to be discrete about the picture taking, I didn't get everything I would have liked to get, maybe next time.

----------

Like I said, check out the photos in my picture album here to see all the pictures.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#8696260 - 07/29/08 07:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Are you fucking kidding me, someone sold you bunk acid?  I swear, some people are such pieces of shit.  I almost beat the shit out of some bitch that sold me DOI/DOC as LSD last week.  Some people have no fucking clue how to make money.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainKirk

Loc: gone
    #8696311 - 07/29/08 08:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:cool:i just hit up cosm for the first time this past weekend as well...i was blown away at how intense and intricate the paintings are..pictures just don't do them justice

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8696332 - 07/29/08 08:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Are you fucking kidding me, someone sold you bunk acid?  I swear, some people are such pieces of shit.  I almost beat the shit out of some bitch that sold me DOI/DOC as LSD last week.  Some people have no fucking clue how to make money.

what do you expect, they are drug dealers....

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8696333 - 07/29/08 08:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:

Well, I got it for free from a friend. He didn't know it was bunk, he bought it from our guy. I happened to give his roommate my 2 hits while I was tripping on shrooms, not thinking straight. After the fact I wish I hadn't so he offered me his. Our guy usually doesn't let us down... in fact he's never let me down. So it was quite surprising... and quite disappointing as well.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: Syle]
    #8696367 - 07/29/08 08:24 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So are a lot of the people here, it doesn't make them bad people.  If you sell fake drugs you have no repeat customers, that isn't a good way to make money at all as you have no repeat customers.  Its also a good way to get the living shit kicked out of you.  People that sell fake drugs don't make any money, risk getting arrested and beat up, and have to walk around with all that bad karma.  Some people are total scumbags.

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8696923 - 07/29/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
So are a lot of the people here, it doesn't make them bad people.

What are you referring to here? Im confused.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #8697006 - 07/29/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'd love to make it out to COSM some time. Alex Grey's artwork is amazing. I own his book "Transfigurations" and I've got like 8 of his posters hanging on my wall. My favorite is "St. Albert and the LSD revalation revolution".

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8697010 - 07/29/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've got that same poster in a beautiful white frame over my bookshelf.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (07/29/08 11:37 AM)

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8697036 - 07/29/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My friend has a signed copy of Oversoul he got when he was at a tattoo convention. Alex Grey was there doing some live artwork with Guy Atchison - an amazing tattoo artist.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag