Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefawhit
Mad as you
Male User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Who do you think knew about the laws of attraction.
    #8691420 - 07/28/08 07:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you don't know what I'm talking about watch this movie, I know you will :wink:. http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/Movies/61792/The+Secret.html?aid=60708

This movie literately made my life so much happier, you need to see it if your feeling down.

Well I was dancing around happily to my Bob Marley music this morning and was listening carefully to the lyrics. This man knew about the laws of attraction. Listen to Bob Marley- Smokin' Pot. I'm not sure if thats what it is actuatly called but thats what it's called on my playlist. Listen carefully this man knew. There was a lyric in their that was something like "And if you quarrel everyday, your singing prayers to the devils I say." When I heard that I had shivers down my spine in a good way. After I read it again I still feel the shivers.

Any other musicians who you think know and live by the laws of attraction?

Edit: It might take you awhile to watch the movie, just make sure you come back and and post a reply :smile:.

--------------------

Edited by fawhit (07/28/08 07:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Who do you think knew about the laws of attraction. [Re: fawhit]
    #8691465 - 07/28/08 07:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Neat fantasy. Sorry to say it's a bunch of poo tho. Might make a good book?

There are just way to many arguments in my head against something like that. Yes, you make your own future. If you are givin that chance. But you have to work hard for the things you get, nothing is givin to you, nothing is free, ever.

I'm sure slaves, cripples, and victims of life changing crimes would watch that and be all like wtf. To a point the air you set around yourself helps your goals, but nothing beats hard work. Well, hard work or cheating.

Laws of attraction as presented in that movie are purely fictional. Not to be taken seriously. But for all intensive purposes, id say Conan the barbarian, superman, and the ninja turtles knew lol.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinefawhit
Mad as you
Male User Gallery

Re: Who do you think knew about the laws of attraction. [Re: Kada]
    #8691492 - 07/28/08 07:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If thats what you believe its all cool man, I'll stick to these teachings though because I see how they have been working for me. For example, in the beginning of this year I had been growing a strong interests in drugs, my friends introduced me to marijuana. I did even more research and had fantasies and dreams of trying drugs like lsd, salvia, and shrooms which is why I came around here. However, I didn't have an actual connection to get these drugs. Then yesterday (before I watched the movie) my good friend that I have known for the majority of my life asks me if I did any drugs. I tell him I've smoke weed and he says he has some salvia and I could try if I wanted too. I asked him about others drugs too and he said he knows people who have lsd and shrooms. This was incredibly surprising to me, I would have never thought this guy would even touch drugs in his life, in fact I have kept my use a secret from him until this time. Coincidence? Ah.. maybe who knows for sure.

I'm not trying to convince just showing you my example, but I would appreciate it if you did not try to convince me this is bullshit because then that would just ruin the whole point of it.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Who do you think knew about the laws of attraction. [Re: Kada]
    #8691503 - 07/28/08 07:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Complete fucking fantasy.  I'm surprised something so goofy got enough funding to make such crazy shooting,and effect.

Yea, go tell a bunch of Holocaust survivors, they brought that upon themselves.

Movies like this are made for upper-middle class people that do nothing in life but work and do whatever the mainstream tells them too. They have no extreme or monumental changes,good or bad in life.  They feast on peoples want for change. 

utterly...utterly unrealistic and stupid.

Quote:

Yes, you make your own future. If you are givin that chance. But you have to work hard for the things you get, nothing is givin to you, nothing is free, ever.

EDIT

This is really nothing more than elaborating on that other Hippy snesationalist movie: What the bleep. Nothing but pretentious hippy garbage,with a bunch of psuedo scientific flash words.

Even a bunch of the same fucking people. Sorry to burst your bubble,'bro.'

Welcome to the real world.

--------------------

Edited by CaptainH13 (07/28/08 08:04 AM)

Offlinefawhit
Mad as you
Male User Gallery

#8691518 - 07/28/08 08:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely made a mistake in putting this up :/. I guess it's better not to share.

--------------------

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #8691520 - 07/28/08 08:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My interpretation of the message:

Be confident and you will be successful. Which is good advice in itself.

Sadly it is couched in the worst of New Age drivel:
Greed, selfishness and materialism disguised as spirituality, combined with blatant physics abuse. And if it doesn't work, it's your own fault for not being "cosmically aligned"

A good Buddhist or Hindu text on karma will give you the same result without turning you into the kind of person who falls for pyramid schemes. (hopefully)

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#8691528 - 07/28/08 08:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

oh no. I'm sure some will love it.

You gotta look into this shit though,amigo. They make it sound so tantalizing. Too good to be true.

...and as most things like that are. It is. 

These movies are made by,and for people that mostly live in a fairly well to do setting with little extreme change,or conversely people so desperate they'll believe anything.

It's all pseudo science. With a heeping helping of "quantum" and "Metaphysical" Flash words.

--------------------

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #8691536 - 07/28/08 08:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fawhit said:
Definitely made a mistake in putting this up :/. I guess it's better not to share.

Why was that a mistake? You put your viewpoint out there and you've got some feedback. Now just because not everybody loves it and agrees with it doesn't mean you've lost anything. These are the knocks that make you stronger and wiser.

I would love to hear of all the successes you've personally had with this method.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #8691783 - 07/28/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If it works for you, it works.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds