Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms
    #8690713 - 07/27/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

about 45 minutes ago my dog ate my peanut butter shroom sandwich and she ate the whole thing. at least 4 grams dry cubes in that and maybe more like 5 grams. What do I do?

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: clemens]
    #8690736 - 07/27/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

enjoy.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8690737 - 07/27/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Call your vet and explain how your dog ate your mushroom sandwhich. Or just wait it out and see what your dog does. It might puke them up. It might just enjoy the trip. I dont know lol.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8690747 - 07/27/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

just let it run its course.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #8690748 - 07/27/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Please post how this turns out.

--------------------

OfflineZeplike
Stranger
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #8690790 - 07/27/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

record it

--------------------
For a while, we could sit, smoke a pipe
And discuss all the vast intricacies of life
We could jaw through the night
Talk about a range of subjects, anything you like
Oh yeah

But we always came back to the song
we were singing
At any particular time - Paul McCartney

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#8690796 - 07/27/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe try getting her to throw it up. Put your finger down her throat(???). If it's been 45 mins, it's probably already taking effect though. What's she acting like?

Due to the number of stoners that I've known over the years, I'm almost surprised that I've never heard of it happening before with shrooms. I've heard of it happening with hash before.

I guess if she won't throw them up, then just maybe chill with her, and make sure she feels relaxed and comfortable as best you can, I guess.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: nicechrisman]
    #8690810 - 07/27/08 11:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

heres a cat i tripped with a few years back.

...funny how there are 2 threads tonight about dogs tripping....

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8690813 - 07/27/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

lol! that shit is funny!

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Zeplike]
    #8690814 - 07/27/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Zeplike said:
record it

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: nicechrisman]
    #8690815 - 07/27/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've had operations that were so big that we were dropping shrooms on the floors and the dogs were getting ahold of em.  We would catch them chewing them like rawhide bones.  We have one very old dog left thats had more than her share of shrooms.  She's just very very very mellow...especially for a pitbull...but I'm sure yer dog will be fine as long as its big and weighty enough to absorbe the toxins and not overload its liver or something...there is no need for panic just gve it water and let it eat some grass from the lawn and everything should be fine.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8690816 - 07/27/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just hold your dog and comfort them. Play with them if they're up for it. I seriously doubt any physical harm will befall them. They'll be fine. Just be there for them.

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Midnight Rider]
    #8690821 - 07/27/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

dogs eat grass ?

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8690824 - 07/27/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:rofl:

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #8690897 - 07/27/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
I've had operations that were so big that we were dropping shrooms on the floors and the dogs were getting ahold of em.  We would catch them chewing them like rawhide bones.  We have one very old dog left thats had more than her share of shrooms.  She's just very very very mellow...especially for a pitbull...but I'm sure yer dog will be fine as long as its big and weighty enough to absorbe the toxins and not overload its liver or something...there is no need for panic just gve it water and let it eat some grass from the lawn and everything should be fine.

What are these toxins of which you speak?  You've ran large operations and you don't understand how mushrooms work?  You are foolish.

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: delta9]
    #8690903 - 07/27/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:ilold:

OfflineC. duckie
Stranger
Female

Loc: east coast
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: usg543]
    #8690914 - 07/27/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

is this person full of shit ? wouldnt they kinda just effect them the same way ? is it a big dog that is hard to control ? if my dog was triping i wouldnt be able to hanle em

--------------------
might show tits for prints ;o)

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8690978 - 07/28/08 12:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:

What are these toxins of which you speak?  You've ran large operations and you don't understand how mushrooms work?  You are foolish.

You must be some kind of douche bag to call me a fool for saying that cubensis have some toxins in them, which they do.  Its just that most fuck heads like you can't handle enough psilocybin psychologically to acheive a physical toxicity.  Jack ass...

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8690981 - 07/28/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

none of the actives are toxic if i am not mistaken.

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8690985 - 07/28/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:

You must be some kind of douche bag to call me a fool for saying that cubensis have some toxins in them, which they do.  Its just that most fuck heads like you can't handle enough psilocybin psychologically to acheive a physical toxicity.  Jack ass...

Seriously. Psilocin DOES have a lethal dose and its going to be much lower in animals with lower weights than us.

--------------------

Edited by LSDreamer (07/28/08 12:16 AM)

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8690992 - 07/28/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:

Seriously. Psilocin DOES have a lethal dose and its going to be much lower in animals with lower weights than us.

So does water, we don't consider it toxic.  You probably have to inject strait up psilocin into your veins to actually produce toxic effects.

--------------------
check out my music!

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8690993 - 07/28/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

everything has a lethal dose, if you drink too much water you die, doesn't mean water is toxic.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691006 - 07/28/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, let's not even get into this debate. If a rat ate 5 grams of mushrooms, it could potentially die. Nobody ever even suggested that the dog might be reaching toxic levels of psilocin. And for another thing, the comparison of water toxicity to psilocin is invalid. Water is completely non toxic at any dose. Water "toxicity" is essentially severe dehydration caused by low concentration of electrolytes. At a certain dose, you will die from psilocin toxicity, that is as a direct result of psilocin's pharmacological effects. See the difference?

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691026 - 07/28/08 12:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:

Please, name (chemically) these toxins contained in Cubensis mushrooms and explain their pharmacological effects.  Many people here would be very interested in this information, I assure you.

As already point out, any substance can have a measured LD50 or related data which shows that with enough of it in a short enough time span it could produce toxic effects; however, we don't consider every substance a toxin.  Specifically, we consider toxins to be:
Quote:

A poisonous substance, especially a protein, that is produced by living cells or organisms and is capable of causing disease when introduced into the body tissues but is often also capable of inducing neutralizing antibodies or antitoxins.

Stupid troll is stupid and should GTFO.

--------------------
delta9

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #8691030 - 07/28/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hmm liver issues do not seem to be out of the question, if only for the sake of being in question. I would bet that it effects the liver in a similar way that alcohol might. This is no big deal in any circumstance and the dog will be fine physically. Add that to the fact that animals are pretty keen when it comes to natural poisons.

But technically, id guess that it is actually a bit toxic. If your body is at all telling the truth, the trip is a reaction to a toxin. The trip is an illness.

To draw a parallel, (not to say that its the same) ancient civilizations used snake venom to trip. Its different with mushrooms, to a great extent mushrooms "trick" the body in this way. Thats why they are so safe. But I wouldn't doubt that there is some level of toxicity, if only minute.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691055 - 07/28/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Oh, let's not even get into this debate.

Oh, yes, lets!
Quote:

If a rat ate 5 grams of mushrooms, it could potentially die.

False.  What do you base this hypothesis on?
Quote:

Nobody ever even suggested that the dog might be reaching toxic levels of psilocin.

No, but someone suggested there were toxins in Psilocybe mushrooms, which is what we are discussing.
Quote:

And for another thing, the comparison of water toxicity to psilocin is invalid.

Why?  Neither hydrogen dioxide and psilocin are considered toxins or poisons.  Seems they have that much in common.
Quote:

Water is completely non toxic at any dose.

False.
Quote:

Water "toxicity" is essentially severe dehydration caused by low concentration of electrolytes.

Also, false, but this time you are close.  "Water toxicity" is "hyponatremia" or over-hydration which indeed causes a lower concentration of sodium in your body, especially brain cells (which is a bunch of sodium-potassium pumps).
Quote:

At a certain dose, you will die from psilocin toxicity, that is as a direct result of psilocin's pharmacological effects. See the difference?

At a certain dose (concentration with respect to time) of water, your brain cells swell and eventually squeeze the connection between the brain and spinal cord, causing death.  This is a direct result of the pharmacological effects of hydrogen dioxide.  Please explain, in depth, the pharmacological effects of psilocin which lead to death.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8691057 - 07/28/08 12:40 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Personal experience(I sold them the shrooms):  A 50 year old male received a pound of P. cubensis Amazonian in the mail. Since he was very experienced with Mushrooms and being excited to get the package, he decided to consume approximately 10 grams over a period of 1 hour. 
Aproximatly 1 hour after ingesting the last mushroom the man began to feel more lethargic than usual.  After another hour he was in respitory distress unable to breath with an extremely shallow pulse.  Upon hospitalization and presentation to hospital staff it was determined that the man had poisoned himself with a glutonous quantity of high quality cubensis.  I liver function assay was performed and abnormal enzyme levels were detected.  He was kept in the hospital for ten days until his liver function returned to normal.

True story, the guy was a friend of my brother.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691060 - 07/28/08 12:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It is highly unlikely that psilocin or psilocybin cause physical damage to your nervous system or its supporting systems. If anything, it may be possible that it would cause liver damage in high or repetitive doses, but this is unlikely as well. The similarity in structure between psiloc(yb)in and serotonin would indicate that they are likely processed by the same enzymes and yield similar, water soluble, non-toxic metabolites (though this is a gross generalization, and there are many exceptions to this rule; simple changes to a structure can have drastic changes on effect, metabolization, and toxicity).

straight from erowid.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691064 - 07/28/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Oh, let's not even get into this debate.

Oh, yes, lets!
Quote:

If a rat ate 5 grams of mushrooms, it could potentially die.

False.  What do you base this hypothesis on?
Quote:

Nobody ever even suggested that the dog might be reaching toxic levels of psilocin.

No, but someone suggested there were toxins in Psilocybe mushrooms, which is what we are discussing.
Quote:

And for another thing, the comparison of water toxicity to psilocin is invalid.

Why?  Neither hydrogen dioxide and psilocin are considered toxins or poisons.  Seems they have that much in common.
Quote:

Water is completely non toxic at any dose.

False.
Quote:

Water "toxicity" is essentially severe dehydration caused by low concentration of electrolytes.

Also, false, but this time you are close.  "Water toxicity" is "hyponatremia" or over-hydration which indeed causes a lower concentration of sodium in your body, especially brain cells (which is a bunch of sodium-potassium pumps).
Quote:

At a certain dose, you will die from psilocin toxicity, that is as a direct result of psilocin's pharmacological effects. See the difference?

At a certain dose (concentration with respect to time) of water, your brain cells swell and eventually squeeze the connection between the brain and spinal cord, causing death.  This is a direct result of the pharmacological effects of hydrogen dioxide.  Please explain, in depth, the pharmacological effects of psilocin which lead to death.

:thumbup:

edit: and i just found this too.

Quote:

No. Psilocybin mushrooms are not toxic. The National Institute For Occupational Safety And Heath (NIOSH) in the US Psilocybin (641) is rated less toxic than Aspirin (199) and Nicotine (21).

Edited by usg543 (07/28/08 12:52 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: daytripper23]
    #8691066 - 07/28/08 12:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
hmm liver issues do not seem to be out of the question, if only for the sake of being in question. I would bet that it effects the liver in a similar way that alcohol might. This is no big deal in any circumstance and the dog will be fine physically. Add that to the fact that animals are pretty keen when it comes to natural poisons.

But technically, id guess that it is actually a bit toxic. If your body is at all telling the truth, the trip is a reaction to a toxin. The trip is an illness.

To draw a parallel, (not to say that its the same) ancient civilizations used snake venom to trip. Its different with mushrooms, to a great extent mushrooms "trick" the body in this way. Thats why they are so safe. But I wouldn't doubt that there is some level of toxicity, if only minute.

Did the shroomery go stupid while I was away?  I cannot believe you guys are calling Psilocybe mushrooms a "natural poison".  That is one of the oldest myths, EVER, and stems from the fact that Aminata Muscaria mushrooms are indeed poisonous and do affect the liver.

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691070 - 07/28/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

seriously. i didn't think you guys would believe that dare bullshit.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691071 - 07/28/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, if you really, REALLY want to get THAT technical about it, fine, I'll play your game. Some mushrooms contain 5-HT. As we all know, 5-HT is shredded by MAO. Since MAOis make mushrooms stronger, that must mean that psilocin is also metabolized by MAO. If you ate enough mushrooms containing comparatively high levels of 5-HT, you could achieve enough MAO inhibition to cause serotonin syndrome and death. Is it likely? Oh, GOD no, its not, but there you have it, a situation in which compounds found in mushrooms could kill you.

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691073 - 07/28/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:rolleyes:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691074 - 07/28/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
Personal experience(I sold them the shrooms):  A 50 year old male received a pound of P. cubensis Amazonian in the mail. Since he was very experienced with Mushrooms and being excited to get the package, he decided to consume approximately 10 grams over a period of 1 hour. 
Aproximatly 1 hour after ingesting the last mushroom the man began to feel more lethargic than usual.  After another hour he was in respitory distress unable to breath with an extremely shallow pulse.  Upon hospitalization and presentation to hospital staff it was determined that the man had poisoned himself with a glutonous quantity of high quality cubensis.  I liver function assay was performed and abnormal enzyme levels were detected.  He was kept in the hospital for ten days until his liver function returned to normal.

Cite some sources, buddy.  Seriously...  Plenty of retards do more than 10 grams of shrooms (with tolerance for most of them).  Either he did it to himself mentally (which is his own work, certainly enabled by the shrooms but not CAUSED by - otherwise other idiots would surely have gone into respiratory distress) or you sold him aborts or something.  Also, saying "true story" doesn't make it seem any more true - more the opposite!

--------------------
delta9

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691087 - 07/28/08 01:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Alright, if you really, REALLY want to get THAT technical about it, fine, I'll play your game. Some mushrooms contain 5-HT. As we all know, 5-HT is shredded by MAO. Since MAOis make mushrooms stronger, that must mean that psilocin is also metabolized by MAO. If you ate enough mushrooms containing comparatively high levels of 5-HT, you could achieve enough MAO inhibition to cause serotonin syndrome and death. Is it likely? Oh, GOD no, its not, but there you have it, a situation in which compounds found in mushrooms could kill you.

Bullshit.  5-HT is just Serotonin and I'm pretty sure it is not found in mushrooms, but even if it is, that it is neither toxic, nor a monoamineoxidase inhibitor (it is, in fact, a monoamine neurotransmitter, however).

--------------------
delta9

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691098 - 07/28/08 01:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^I know what MAO is. If it is metabolized by MAO, it is an MAO inhibitor, that it, it is possible to consume enough of it that you will occupy all available MAO. And I saw an article that showed that some mushrooms contain 5-HT, but I can't find it amidst the sea of results about the hallucinogenic effects of mushrooms. For the love of God, man, nobody ever said that its in any way likely that somebody would die from mushroom related toxicity. All the guy was saying was that the dog weighs enough that it isn't going to die. Psilocybin DOES have an LD50. It is about 280mg/kg in rats. The point is that there IS a toxic dose of mushrooms, but nobody is EVER likely to reach it.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8691106 - 07/28/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
hmm liver issues do not seem to be out of the question, if only for the sake of being in question. I would bet that it effects the liver in a similar way that alcohol might.

Methinks someone lacks basic knowledge of the metabolism of drugs and alcohol.  Most drugs you ingest in milligram quantities.  With alcohol, the dose is typically many grams.  The stress put on the liver in metabolizing such quantities of alcohol is particularly great, because it leads to greater amounts of acetaldehyde in the course of metabolizing the drug.

"Although the liver converts acetaldehyde into acetic acid, it reaches a saturation point where some of it escapes into the blood stream. The accumulated acetaldehyde exerts its toxic effects by inhibiting the mitochondria reactions and functions. The alcoholic is a victim of a vicious circle; a high acetaldehyde level impairs mitochondria function, metabolism of acetaldehyde to acetic acid decreases, more acetaldehyde accumulates, and causes further liver damage--hepatitis and cirrhosis."

Please explain why you think it's reasonable to assume mushrooms would have the the same effects as the acetalde that results from multigram quantities of alcohol.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8691108 - 07/28/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Bullshit.  5-HT is just Serotonin and I'm pretty sure it is not found in mushrooms, but even if it is, that it is neither toxic, nor a monoamineoxidase inhibitor (it is, in fact, a monoamine neurotransmitter, however).

BULLSHIT!

As a substrate of monoamine oxidase, it's a competetive inhibitor by definition.

What the fuck are you talking about?:confused:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8691111 - 07/28/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

BULLSHIT!

As a substrate of monoamine oxidase, it's a competetive inhibitor by definition.

Thank you! I was feeling alone in a sea of madness...:lol:

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#8691115 - 07/28/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
about 45 minutes ago my dog ate my peanut butter shroom sandwich and she ate the whole thing. at least 4 grams dry cubes in that and maybe more like 5 grams. What do I do?

How is the dog,DOG!?

GODOG

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8691116 - 07/28/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, the PE has had a serious misinformation influx since I frequented the place.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8691119 - 07/28/08 01:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
GODOG

:yarly:
:dancingbear::rainbowcloud::dancingbear:

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691124 - 07/28/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
The point is that there IS a toxic dose of mushrooms, but nobody is EVER likely to reach it.

i tried to tell you this earlier. you just can't admit you are wrong. like i said before, too much of anything can kill you, including water.

the dog will be fine, and no one will be dying of a mushroom overdose anytime soon. 'shrooms' are not toxic.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691130 - 07/28/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^No, earlier I defined the difference between water's toxicity and psilocin's toxicity because there is a very real difference.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8691133 - 07/28/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My new band name

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691139 - 07/28/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

time to nignore you

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8691145 - 07/28/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:

Cite some sources, buddy.  Seriously...  Plenty of retards do more than 10 grams of shrooms (with tolerance for most of them).  Either he did it to himself mentally (which is his own work, certainly enabled by the shrooms but not CAUSED by - otherwise other idiots would surely have gone into respiratory distress) or you sold him aborts or something.  Also, saying "true story" doesn't make it seem any more true - more the opposite!

Nope at the time I was emphatic about whether or not this was just a bad trip or whether this was physical.  I was in Oregon and they were in New Jersey so I wasn't actually there. bUt I was assured that it was physical not mental.  There was an accusation about whether the shrooms had been "sprayed" with something so I was on the defensive and was on top of the whole thing but I wasn't there so...

edit: and actually after thinking about it yeah back then my op was huge and I had a tendency of picking them kinda young, ya know totally closed cap with the veil like still solid if even a noticable veil.  no doubt about it the guy was in over his head when he ate 10g's of my shit but the fact is he got sick from eating too much shrooms, and there was nothing wrong with them they were just that good..  It happened, for real.

Edited by Midnight Rider (07/28/08 01:40 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691162 - 07/28/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
^I know what MAO is. If it is metabolized by MAO, it is an MAO inhibitor, that it, it is possible to consume enough of it that you will occupy all available MAO.

Apparently, you do not know what monoamine oxidases or their inhibitors are[Erowid: MAOIs].
Quote:

MAOIs inhibit naturally occurring enzymes in the human body. This inhibition leads to increased levels of chemicals such as the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. By slowing their metabolism, MAOIs also allow chemicals such as N,N-DMT, to become active when taken orally.

However, it is indeed true if all MAO is currently activated it can be considered in an "inhibited" state -- but that doesn't mean you are taking an MAOI (serotonin is not an MAOI - it doesn't bind enough, methinks).
Quote:

And I saw an article that showed that some mushrooms contain 5-HT, but I can't find it amidst the sea of results about the hallucinogenic effects of mushrooms.

All I found was a mention on wikipedia's serotonin article; however, it lacks sources, and therefore should not be trusted.
Quote:

For the love of God, man, nobody ever said that its in any way likely that somebody would die from mushroom related toxicity. All the guy was saying was that the dog weighs enough that it isn't going to die. Psilocybin DOES have an LD50. It is about 280mg/kg in rats. The point is that there IS a toxic dose of mushrooms, but nobody is EVER likely to reach it.

For the love of Buddha, man, psilocybin's heavy dose for a human is 35+ milligrams.  If your dog weighs at least a kilogram, I think it will have a hard time ingesting more than 280 milligrams of psilocybin.

Also, I don't think you fully understand LD50:  EVERYTHING has an LD50 ratio.  LD50 is the ratio of substance to (average) subject mass that 50% of the test population dies...  so even if somehow a 10 kilogram dog could ingest 2,800 milligrams of psilocybin, it might survive (50/50 chance).

--------------------
delta9

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691170 - 07/28/08 01:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^*groan* We're both arguing two sides of the same coin, you realize? We've virtually been arguing semantics this entire time. Trust me, you don't need to talk down to me on the subjects of biology and psychopharmacology.

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691173 - 07/28/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

BULLSHIT!

Thank you! I was feeling alone in a sea of madness...:lol:

I'm talking about how we do not generally call substances that are merely competitive inhibitors (because anything that binds to a receptor at all would be) an INHIBITOR.  Yes, binding to something and then blocking inhibits, but if your bind rate is less than 20% and it only binds for a short period of time, it is not an INHIBITOR compared to a substance which binds to the same receptors at say 70% and binds for a long period of time.

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8691174 - 07/28/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

does anyone know if the dog is ok? ive never herd of a dog dieing or getting really sick

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: kintos]
    #8691182 - 07/28/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The thrust of the matter, zenthor, is that the dog is 90% likely to be OK.  I don't think anyone at all is seriously arguing that it won't be...  I'm just concerned with the misinformation of "poison" and "toxins" in Psilocybe mushrooms...  and then we got sidetracked! :awesome:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691186 - 07/28/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^All of this caused by some guy simply saying the dog was going to be fine and using an arguably poor choice of words :banghead:

--------------------

Offlineskroomadoom
master of theskroomaverse
Male

Loc: GA
    #8691612 - 07/28/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This is getting ridiculous.  It was all started because someone said that the dog WASN'T likely to die.  I don't see why delta9 has to go all crazy trying to prove that mushrooms are non-toxic.  Everyone knows that they won't kill you in normal or even huge doses.  There may be some other chemicals in mushrooms besides psilocybin, etc that might have negative health effects at some monster doses, though, but it's really beside the point of this post.  If you want to debate the toxicity of mushrooms, you should make your own thread.  This one is about the OP's dog.

And delta9, one thing I have to say, don't try to make yourself look smarter than you are by calling water hydrogen dioxide.  It's actually dihydrogen monoxide if you want to get technical but no one calls it that, not even real scientists, so quit trying to make it sound like you know more than you do.

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

#8691635 - 07/28/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

tripped with my cat last night.... he loves it... and know exactly what going on he actually loves the smell of mushrooms, and will eat them by themselves.

But i know for a fact animals need ALOT ALOT less than humans.... i gave my cat like .2 and he was having a great buzz, i could tell, but nothing too extreme for him to handle...

When i took 4 grams of cubes i tripped nuts, and it was too much actually.... so i cant imagine what that dog is going through.

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #8691736 - 07/28/08 09:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So fuck all this arguing over dumb shit, what about the dog?

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Ophanim]
    #8691743 - 07/28/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
So fuck all this arguing over dumb shit, what about the dog?

--------------------

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

#8691800 - 07/28/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is pathetic.

You are an angry bunch of stoners -_-

Offlinechaos05
Stranger

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: ultimo101]
    #8691844 - 07/28/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Dont dose your pets on purpose FFS (this isnt to the OP, but to the others whom think its acceptable and saying "but my cat loves it", get a clue!)

OfflineC. duckie
Stranger
Female

Loc: east coast
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: chaos05]
    #8691912 - 07/28/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

finish the goddamb story man. what about the dog!!

--------------------
might show tits for prints ;o)

OfflineIdeLOLogies
Strange

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: C. duckie]
    #8691928 - 07/28/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Lol at about 90% of this post.

Hope the Dog is ok though.

--------------------
God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad.

Why does God give us anything?

Look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: C. duckie]
    #8691948 - 07/28/08 11:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

C. duckie said:
finish the goddamb story man. what about the dog!!

hahahahah

OfflineWeedyWonka
Pirate Kitten
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: IdeLOLogies]
    #8691957 - 07/28/08 11:22 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This whole thing pisses me off. There is a living creature at stake here. I may be too caring for animals but I dont give a fuck about what people say. I'm a vegetarian for that very reason. If you waited 45 minutes and didn't take your dog to the vet you shouldn't be allowed to own a pet. I would've taken my dog to the vet as soon as I noticed it. Even if it was 3 in the morning. There are 24 hour emergency vets for this very reason... Emergencies...

There is no telling how a dog would react to psilocybin.

I could go on for days about this. Gah

Not trying to be a dick though he may have not responded because he took it to the vet and maybe he left the sandwhich sitting there and went somewhere for 45 minutes.

It's mainly how people responded that pisses me off.

OfflineParadoxical
Stranger

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: WeedyWonka]
    #8692003 - 07/28/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wmb81387 said:
This whole thing pisses me off. There is a living creature at stake here. I may be too caring for animals but I dont give a fuck about what people say. I'm a vegetarian for that very reason. If you waited 45 minutes and didn't take your dog to the vet you shouldn't be allowed to own a pet. I would've taken my dog to the vet as soon as I noticed it. Even if it was 3 in the morning. There are 24 hour emergency vets for this very reason... Emergencies...

Not trying to be a dick though he may have not responded because he took it to the vet and maybe he left the sandwhich sitting there and went somewhere for 45 minutes.

Indeed. I think the advice here would be OK for a human who accidentally consumed 5 grams.

But for a dog?

What's the dog weigh? Maybe 50 lbs? So that would be like a 15g dose for humans. HUGE! Plus the dog was obviously not prepared.

At the minimum you need to call a vet and ask what to do, and then do not hesitate to take him in. Probably there are some very easy antidotes, or at least sedatives.

(I realize my advice is way too late, but add me to the list of those dying to know what happened. We all hope the dog was fine.)

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8692020 - 07/28/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

what the hell is u dudes problems?  as soon as you get the chance to start an argument... you do.  you're all being such fucking 5yr olds fighting over a plastic firetruck or something.  i know that if you guys were put in room together you would all get along fine,  but when your just on a computer typing stuff in you're all in each others faces thinking you're all right.  seriously you're brave when you don't know who you're talking to.  fighting over something so stupid,  you don't seem to realize that people have different opinions,  you're not gonna change them.  read the friggin title,  it's about a dog.  don't even post here if you don't know what u'r talking about,  start a new thread.  i wonder how many threads end up with people arguing over stupid things,  keep track of it...you'll be surprised.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: newby753]
    #8692037 - 07/28/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are lame, arguing is awesome.  I thoroughly enjoyed that exchange.

The only people that hate arguing are the people that don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: WeedyWonka]
    #8692050 - 07/28/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wmb81387 said:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this.  but if i knew the dog was gonna be mentally damaged and was gonna suffer from this i would take him to a vet to get put down,  or take him into a secluded place and shoot her.  but i really hope she ends up ok.  i'll be praying,  really.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8692059 - 07/28/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What the fuck, the dog's going to be fine.  Dogs aren't like people, they kinda just roll with shit.  Worst thing that happens is he gets really confused for a few hours.  Who knows, he might even like it.  Either way, the OP is NOT going to have to put him down, I guarantee this is not the first time a canine has ingested psilocybin mushrooms.

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: g00ru]
    #8692070 - 07/28/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:

The only people that hate arguing are the people that don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

that's retarded.  you're probably twice or three times my age and you haven't realized that you need to pick your battles wisely.  really find something worth arguing about.  or get a job,  and a girlfriend.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8692078 - 07/28/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

What?

What?

--------------------
check out my music!

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

#8692083 - 07/28/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

totally agree 90% of this thread is not worth reading

what happened with the dog!?!?!?!?!?!

if you take that psilly friend outside to play, make sure its fenced in or on a leash and has plenty of water to drink

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8692093 - 07/28/08 12:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
What the fuck, the dog's going to be fine.  Dogs aren't like people, they kinda just roll with shit.  Worst thing that happens is he gets really confused for a few hours.  Who knows, he might even like it.  Either way, the OP is NOT going to have to put him down, I guarantee this is not the first time a canine has ingested psilocybin mushrooms.

holy frick,  you just won't stop will you.  i never said the dog would be put down.  and i know what i'm talking about,  i've drowned a kitten so that it wouldn't starve to death,  it had a cleft pallate thing going on and couldn't swallow anything.  that was the hardest thing i've done for years, and i'm not even out of my teens yet.  i just can't believe how immature some folks are.

OfflineCerius
Space Cowboy
 User Gallery

#8692130 - 07/28/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:

guruu for the fucking win.
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8692138 - 07/28/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

newby753 said:
and i know what i'm talking about,  i've drowned a kitten so that it wouldn't starve to death,  it had a cleft pallate thing going on and couldn't swallow anything.  that was the hardest thing i've done for years, and i'm not even out of my teens yet.  i just can't believe how immature some folks are.

You drowned a kitten?  Why didn't you just take it to the humane society?

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #8692139 - 07/28/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I higly doubt any damage will occur. For an animal that has minimal wants feeling and emotions, im sure the most drastic effect will be profound confusion, and probably vast amounts of distorted perceptions.

I would avoid the vet, simply because taking an animal that is now tripping, confused, has no idea whats going on, then you forcibly remove it from familiar surroundings, drive in a car thats moving bouncing, and the dog has no control of, take it to a white cold place with strange people poking and prodding it, they may pump its stomach, then lock it in a cage.

Maby CALL a vet and see what would be best before putting it through that trauma.

Best thing to do IMO, is make it comfortable, have its favorite bed/toys/or other familiar stimuli nearby.

Give the dog love, and comfort, just dont go overboard, dont act too different, and if it begins to panic, try calming it down, and possibly have a soft enclosed space it can be in, and be able to leave from. Most dogs and cats love a cage, as long as they are free to leave it at will.

And only AFTER the animal comes down, and at least a day or two passes, and it is noticeably uncomfortable, try walks, and such. Animals recover quite quickly from events if given the proper treatment.

A dog trainer would be a excellent option if the animal is different or unhappy. No dog is worth flat out giving up on, unless all avenues have been tried or exhausted.

:2cents:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8692151 - 07/28/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Why the hell did you DROWN the cat, i can see putting it down if you had NO OTHER options, but drowning is an incredibly terrifying event.

Shoot it, break its neck, or take it to be put down.

And you say your humane. Cant even think it through.

And yes, i have had to put animals down as well.

I had a kitten that got its pelvis crushed by a car, a rabbit that had its skull broken by a dog, numerous snakes on the road.

The worst was my friends dog that became rabid, we couldn't get it into the truck to take it to the vet, so he asked me to put it down for him.

I killed all of them with a single shot to the head with a .22 LR.

Not fun, but necessary to make sure they dont suffer anymore than they already have.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Edited by ThirdEyeOpening (07/28/08 12:23 PM)

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#8692170 - 07/28/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Why did you reply this to me?  LOL:grin:

--------------------

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #8692188 - 07/28/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
Why the hell did you DROWN the cat, i can see putting it down if you had NO OTHER options, but drowning is an incredibly terrifying event.

Shoot it, break its neck, or take it to be put down.

And you say your humane. Cant even think it through.

i made it as peaceful as i could,  i would've shot it if i had a gun.  and kittens that small don't know what's going on so they are very calm. it wasn't an easy thing to do,  believe me.  i was crying the whole time.  and there was no way that it could've saved.  i don't want everyone to think i'm some psychotic freak.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8692200 - 07/28/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'll trust you on that, but you sure are getting emotional over this.  The dog just ate some shrooms.  You should be happy!

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8692231 - 07/28/08 12:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
Not fun, but necessary to make sure they dont suffer anymore than they already have.

that's the point i'm trying to make.  and i've had a rabid cat that my neighbor came over and i was right there when he shot it,  i've cleaned up drowned animals,  i've had to watch my dog suffer for hours from being hit by a car,  and for everyones info when i was a kid my mom didn't have the money to just bring a cat to the vet,  or a dog.  and BTW my dog got shot 3 times later that day and i had to bury it.

OfflineParadoxical
Stranger

#8692241 - 07/28/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Guruu was just born a dickhead. A person can make any kind of benign statement or ask a neutral question, and Guruu will find a way to start attacking the person. Whoever said he needs to grow up, lighten up, and get laid hit the nail on the head.

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8692249 - 07/28/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:The dog just ate some shrooms.  You should be happy!

you're right actually lol:grin:.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8692267 - 07/28/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yea its never fun, ive cried over my friends dog, but only for a second. Once i new it was out of pain, there is no reason to morn. Least IMO.

Im sure the dog is fine.

--------------------

Offlinenewby753
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8692269 - 07/28/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i'm done with this thread.  i've made my point(i hope),  and i guess if you people want to argue about shit that's retarded,  you can, i just won't have any part of it.

OfflineBCurt420
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Texas
    #8692271 - 07/28/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

He will prolly be fine, Call some friends over to drink a few beers and watch a dog trip his balls off. Good Times!

--------------------
:headbanger:MUSIC=LIFE:headbanger:

OfflineAlicedee25

#8692273 - 07/28/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:hanky:

im sorry. it had to be done.

--------------------
Here's Tom with the weather

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8692356 - 07/28/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

reminds me of a cowboy beebop episode

wonder if that dog found his chew toy yet...

Invisiblebotha
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Konyap]
    #8692670 - 07/28/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

omg haha. most of the substances, which have any effect on human brain, will work on doggies too. so , ood luck. propably the puppy willl be retarded later on.

Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
    #8692711 - 07/28/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:

if you weigh 65 kilos you have to eat somewhere between 15-20 kilos of shrooms to die bud. i call bullshit

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: cake is a lie]
    #8692987 - 07/28/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

haha I love these threads.

I think I understand why everyone is upset, considering all the bullshit that arises from this question of toxicity.

I guess some of you guys think I am pretty ignorant about drugs. But if you study herbalism, you will realize there is most certainly a natural liniarity of toxicity with psychoactive plants. There are plants like belladonna, datura, as well as morning glories, peyote, then there are mushrooms, and finally there are compounds like LSD.

All of these provide a "similar" experience, lets not argue that point. But what this experience is, "the trip" is your body indicating that it thinks you are sick. Now with certain substances, your bodies indication may be more true to reality than with other substances, but I wouldn't doubt that there is a degree of toxicity in every single one of them. This liniarity, is gradual and progressive, I think it is pretty clear.

Noting this liniarity, I would highly doubt that any of these substances, from datura to mushrooms, are completely and definitively nontoxic. Some of these substances, like lsd are so safe, that there really is no conceiveable way to actually overdose. BUT, in light of definition and rationality, I still do not believe any of these substances could be technically considered non-toxic, and I am yet to be convinced otherwise.

I can understand why some of you so vehemently defend this notion of non-toxicity, considering all the propaganda surrounding drugs. BUT I think this particular sentiment, the defense of non-toxicity, is playing right into it. Some of your quick assumptions about me are that I have played right into it myself. But for the sake of progress, let me explain something very important about propaganda. The power of myth is based upon context. 

The Question itself, is what is ridiculous. There is nothing definitive about the word toxic. As Aristotle put it, "a poison in a small dose is a medicine, and a medicine in a large dose is a poison." Someone said that water is toxic in high enough doses, and they are correct. My post which was apparently misunderstood, was actually implying the absurdity of a definitive notion of toxicity.

Heres another one where I apparently fall under the hypnosis of propaganda. Marijuana? its a gateway drug, totally. Undeniable.

Again though, understand the context, and realize that this is what is ridiculous. Propaganda is often valid, but its ability to demonstrate truth is up for question always.

In general, I believe we should not react to demonization, by claiming to be angels.

OfflinePatisotagami
Organism
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #8693157 - 07/28/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder if this guys dog actually ate an eighth of shrooms. They taste pretty bad... a dog has sensibilities and, at least my dog knows what is food and what is not food... I'd love to hear what happens but I doubt we will hear anything.

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Paradoxical]
    #8693202 - 07/28/08 04:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Paradoxical said:
Quote:

wmb81387 said:

What's the dog weigh? Maybe 50 lbs? So that would be like a 15g dose for humans. HUGE!

yep that was my only point to my original post.  If the dog was lik 15LB toy poodle, there could be a problem, not really likeley but shit man there are some deliterious physical effects from shrooms.  No intelligent person thinking and speaking rationally would say otherwise.  The notion that we must protect entheogens from negative description at all cost is both dangerous and unrealistic.

I too am wondering what happend to the dog if for no other reason becuase the incident should be studied so that if there was an ill effect we all know about it.  I also own two beloved dogs so I'm wondering about the dog in question becuase I care too.  But I am interested in what happens becuase frankly I go to alot of festivals where people will consume way too much drugs thinking that its safe to do so because they read online somewhere that "there is no toxic dose of mushrooms". I've been a drug dealer all my life, I have never held a job! After 300+ Grateful Dead shows and countless festivals over the last 23 years I've seen people who thought they could eat as much of whatever they could get their hands on end up in toxic shock, dehydrated, in the psych ward and/or dead.  All becuase someone told em they could eat as much of some hallucinogen as they want and its safe. 

I'm still wondering how is the dog?????

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#8693241 - 07/28/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The notion that we must protect entheogens from negative description at all cost is both dangerous and unrealistic.

I wish I saw statement before I went into a lengthy description. Well said.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#8693285 - 07/28/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
Quote:

The notion that we must protect entheogens from negative description at all cost is both dangerous and unrealistic.

I wish I saw statement before I went into a lengthy description. Well said.

I'm glad there's other people on here that value truth over propaganda and mindless cheerleading. 

My name is Noviseer and I think too much pot is really bad for you!

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Noviseer]
    #8693313 - 07/28/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hahahhah

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
    #8694943 - 07/28/08 10:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

When I was 15 or 16 my dog kept begging for my mushroom and peanut butter sandwich, so when there was just a little left (.5-1g) I gave it to her.  I hung out with her for the duration of my trip and she had a wonderful time, playing, rolling around, making funny noises, etc.  I don't think it makes any sense to take a dog to the vet (or kill it, WTF newby753) because it ate some psychedelic mushrooms.  The central effect of these drugs IMO is an enhancement of the current situation.  I gave my dog love and played with her and she had a great time as result.  If you try to take your dog to the vet, a situation that they usually dislike and are confused by, they are likely to have a negative experience.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Paradoxical]
    #8695016 - 07/28/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Paradoxical said:
Guruu was just born a dickhead. A person can make any kind of benign statement or ask a neutral question, and Guruu will find a way to start attacking the person. Whoever said he needs to grow up, lighten up, and get laid hit the nail on the head.

Who are you?  Chill the fuck out.

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8695114 - 07/28/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
"the trip" is your body indicating that it thinks you are sick. 

No, your body doesn't "think" anything. It reacts mechanistically. And psilocybin is just something that changes the functioning of the machinery. Those changes are in no way detrimental to the functioning of life sustaining systems, therefore (at normal doses) there is nothing "toxic" about it.

And WTF do you mean by "linearity"?

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Patisotagami]
    #8695130 - 07/28/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

smmu said:
I wonder if this guys dog actually ate an eighth of shrooms. They taste pretty bad... a dog has sensibilities and, at least my dog knows what is food and what is not food... I'd love to hear what happens but I doubt we will hear anything.

Wow you have a polite dog.  My dog regularly eats his own shit.

--------------------
check out my music!

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8695151 - 07/28/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Signs of civilization's imminent decent back into darkness are everywhere, including here in the shroomery :frown:  Don't you guys know the trip is caused by faeries?

Is there ever going to be an update on the dog?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #8695575 - 07/29/08 12:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cake is a lie said:

if you weigh 65 kilos you have to eat somewhere between 15-20 kilos of shrooms to die bud. i call bullshit

don't perpetuate b.s. man

I presume your going off an ld 50 that probably is a very poor guess and then presuming nobody dies untill they get to the ld50.

I think you need to read up on what an ld50 is and what it means.

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
    #8695966 - 07/29/08 03:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cerius said:
Quote:

guruu said:

guruu for the fucking win.
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

x2

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2: for guru.

Quote:

newby753 said:
Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:

that's the point i'm trying to make.  and i've had a rabid cat that my neighbor came over and i was right there when he shot it,  i've cleaned up drowned animals,  i've had to watch my dog suffer for hours from being hit by a car,  and for everyones info when i was a kid my mom didn't have the money to just bring a cat to the vet,  or a dog.  and BTW my dog got shot 3 times later that day and i had to bury it.

^-- craziest young buck I've seen in awhile... like whoa.

Quote:

mofo said:
Signs of civilization's imminent decent back into darkness are everywhere, including here in the shroomery :frown:

Too true :frown: :thumbdown:

Quote:

edit: and actually after thinking about it yeah back then my op was huge and I had a tendency of picking them kinda young, ya know totally closed cap with the veil like still solid if even a noticable veil.  no doubt about it the guy was in over his head when he ate 10g's of my shit but the fact is he got sick from eating too much shrooms, and there was nothing wrong with them they were just that good..  It happened, for real.

Edited by Midnight Rider (07/28/08 01:40 AM)

^ this fella right here, he gets 5 shroomers for just being so damn funny.

Well guys thanks for the many laughs, this thread was epic, and has rekindled my love for the chaos known only as the shroomery message board. Thank you all. 5 shrooms for everyone.

Anyways though, hope all is well with the dog when its all said and done.

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8695986 - 07/29/08 04:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:

Well said.  Especially people who don't understand debate hate arguing.

Also, I didn't "go crazy" - I've been crazy for some time now :awesome:

--------------------
delta9

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8695996 - 07/29/08 04:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

newby753 said:
Quote:

guruu said:

that's retarded.  you're probably twice or three times my age and you haven't realized that you need to pick your battles wisely.  really find something worth arguing about.  or get a job,  and a girlfriend.

You're retarded and need to learn to capitalize the first letter of each sentence and stop making fragments.  See, this is a case of picking your battles wisely; however,  you, whether you be underage kid, troll, or both, have chosen most unwisely.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8696002 - 07/29/08 04:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
I would avoid the vet, simply because taking an animal that is now tripping, confused, has no idea whats going on, then you forcibly remove it from familiar surroundings, drive in a car thats moving bouncing, and the dog has no control of, take it to a white cold place with strange people poking and prodding it, they may pump its stomach, then lock it in a cage.

This is the same shit that can happen to humans with doctors while tripping, too.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Noviseer]
    #8696009 - 07/29/08 04:45 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
My name is Noviseer and I think too much pot is really bad for you!

lol ur funne n deep!

Seriously, too much of anything is bad for you - this has been known for many centuries.

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblemellontatauda
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8696063 - 07/29/08 05:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

alright so i pretty much read every single post in this thread, and so far no new update on the friggin dog :crankey:

--------------------
:jah:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: mellontatauda]
    #8696095 - 07/29/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anima_mundi said:
alright so i pretty much read every single post in this thread, and so far no new update on the friggin dog :crankey:

As someone else stated, we're probably not going to get one.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinetrip2night
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms *DELETED* [Re: delta9]
    #8696192 - 07/29/08 07:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by trip2night

Reason for deletion: ...

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: trip2night]
    #8696365 - 07/29/08 08:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

clemens, i hate you.

That is all.

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: anyone420]
    #8696377 - 07/29/08 08:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

either

a.) this was a joke

-or-

b.) he's still explaining to his parents what the fuck
his dog is doing in a tree.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: maysrome]
    #8697065 - 07/29/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Terribly sorry I didn't reply sooner fellas. The dog had absolutely zero response to the mushrooms. Maybe in the slightest way she was "high" but for sure not tripping. I know this is good news because I love my dog and I don't her scared of her own shadow but does this mean I have bunk shrooms? These mushrooms I picked myself and dried, they still have blue streaks on them. They don't look rotten at all. Would it help if I posted pictures of the shrooms and someone could tell me if they went bad?

--------------------

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
    #8697083 - 07/29/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the the shroom id forums.
i'm sure if you follow the steps someone will help you out.

as far as them not doing anything to the dog,
that's a tough question.

i've never herd any reports on animal trips.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #8697091 - 07/29/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hahaha....all that worry and distress for nothing...i'm glad your dog is okay though, it could have really changed your dogs personality for the worse, and it could have ruined his quality of life

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: skroomadoom]
    #8697110 - 07/29/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

skroomadoom said:
don't try to make yourself look smarter than you are by calling water hydrogen dioxide.  It's actually dihydrogen monoxide if you want to get technical but no one calls it that, not even real scientists, so quit trying to make it sound like you know more than you do.

haha, i was thinking the same thing...

Offlinejckmcgrth
JackTheTrippa
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Druggie04]
    #8697226 - 07/29/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Druggie04 said:
I don't think it makes any sense to take a dog to the vet (or kill it, WTF newby753)

lol

--------------------
I rock

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8697440 - 07/29/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My dog regularly eats his own shit.

just one more reason to love them....:crazy2::heart:

Offlinei3oosted
Stranger

#8697448 - 07/29/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

did the dog die?

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: i3oosted]
    #8697461 - 07/29/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

no, he put the dog down before the shrooms would take effect
:bigjoint:

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Loc: Through The Looking Glass
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: NastyDHL]
    #8697504 - 07/29/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

maybe the dog didnt trip because its natural state of mind is what tripping for us is like.
just think about it, our whole lives weve been trained and molded to this idea that how we live is a "normal" "reality" but for a dog they have no prior knowledge of what its like to not be tripping.
tripping always does take me back to my animalistic instinct side.

or maybe im just going off on a crazy rant?

--------------------
“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself. Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- Dr. Timothy Leary

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: SydBarrett420]
    #8697586 - 07/29/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Who knows if you are crazy syd, but this general idea is often on my mind as well.

They have no concept of anything, they are in a pre-egoic state. If you find yourself surrounded by egomaniacs on a trip, in contrast, this kind of serenity can be pretty admirable.

Offlinemivonx
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: Central Texas
    #8697623 - 07/29/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Exhibits signs of euphoria? ...check
Distorted sense of time? ...check
Easily distracted by the most mundane things? ...check

That's enough for me.  Dogs clearly are tripping all the time.

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: mivonx]
    #8697649 - 07/29/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well glad to see im not alone on this.
its one of the reasons i love being around animals tripping so much!

--------------------
“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself. Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- Dr. Timothy Leary

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8697651 - 07/29/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said: These mushrooms I picked myself and dried, they still have blue streaks on them.

Are you an experienced hunter? Did you have a positive ID?

They may be non active... obviously not toxic. :smirk:

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #8697692 - 07/29/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i dont think theyd have blueing if they werent cubes...

--------------------
- Dr. Timothy Leary

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#8697717 - 07/29/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SydBarrett420 said:

Really? You may want to ask someone with an M next to their name in the Hunting Forum... I've heard different. :shrug:

EDIT: And I had some homegrown shrooms that DID NOT bruise at all, yet they were potent as any other.

Edited by RoosterCogburn (07/29/08 02:19 PM)

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#8697888 - 07/29/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

clemens said: These mushrooms I picked myself and dried, they still have blue streaks on them.

Are you an experienced hunter? Did you have a positive ID?

They may be non active... obviously not toxic. :smirk:

I am most positive they are real magic mushrooms. This is not the first year I hunted shrooms. Not to mention I tripped on them when they were fresh. They are cubes.

I laid them in front of a fan for like 2 or 3 days. What could have gone wrong?

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#8697894 - 07/29/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a pic of them

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8697904 - 07/29/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the dog prolly has a low susceptibility to them

--------------------

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Coaster]
    #8698303 - 07/29/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SydBarrett420 said:
maybe the dog didnt trip because its natural state of mind is what tripping for us is like.
just think about it, our whole lives weve been trained and molded to this idea that how we live is a "normal" "reality" but for a dog they have no prior knowledge of what its like to not be tripping.
tripping always does take me back to my animalistic instinct side.

or maybe im just going off on a crazy rant?

I like the way you think, I always figured if any animal was always in a 'tripping' mind state would of been cats. My mother was a cat lover, and after tripping for the first time and having all the cats around, they all had to be on the same level...

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: johnm214]
    #8698979 - 07/29/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

cake is a lie said:

don't perpetuate b.s. man

I presume your going off an ld 50 that probably is a very poor guess and then presuming nobody dies untill they get to the ld50.

I think you need to read up on what an ld50 is and what it means.

LD 50 for mice is 285mg/kg. assume dogs and humans have the same ld 50 cus there is no recorded ld 50 for humans or dogs that i could find.  if you had a 65kg mouce it would take 18.525 kg to kill 50% of the mice. if you do the math and follow a damn bell curve of the overdoses and take into concideration of what the guy was implying (5g being possibly dagerous to a dog) that 5g of shrooms would pretty much do nothing unless the dog had some kind of rare genetic weakness. 15-20 kg. maby YOU should read up on something befor calling bs?

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8699137 - 07/29/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:foreheadslap:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8699158 - 07/29/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

only got through the first page,

as far as toxins go, dogs cant have certain foods, onions, chocolate, some others, but there is very little to cubensis besides psilocybin and baeocystin in general,

best bet, is just make sure shes calm, it will be enjoyable if she doesnt feel scared, like a person would.

I dont recommend purposely dosing animals with shrooms, because it confuses them, although many animals actually seek them out, as part of the animal instinct to alter consciousness.

she will be fine, it may be enjoyable if the setting is right.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8699177 - 07/29/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

they arent bunk.

maybe shes just having a chill trip, or thinks shes dreaming, or really doesnt give a rats banana.

4 grams is a lot of any shroom, but I hear outdo shrooms are generally less potent than indo.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: NastyDHL]
    #8699482 - 07/29/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NastyDHL said:
Quote:

skroomadoom said:
don't try to make yourself look smarter than you are by calling water hydrogen dioxide.  It's actually dihydrogen monoxide if you want to get technical but no one calls it that, not even real scientists, so quit trying to make it sound like you know more than you do.

haha, i was thinking the same thing...

Wow you guys caught on to the joke :wink:.  The point is the people I was arguing with didn't notice and I was trying to establish their incredulity.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#8699493 - 07/29/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Did anyone ever stop and think that she just hid them somewhere to chew on and really didnt think they were that great to eat? I know when my dog ate a small amount he tripped.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8699539 - 07/29/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Dogs will definitely trip off shrooms for those of you who are saying they won't because they're like that anyway. There's tons of people who have seen it.

--------------------

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

#8699627 - 07/29/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Guys, you don't have to worry about the pathways of effect for psilocybin and psilocin.  I have it from a very reliable source that the way shrooms work, is that there are many many tiny blue men inside your mushroom (that's why it bruises blue, you see... whenever you squeeze a shroom, you kill a little blue man and his blood penetrates the tissue of the shroom).

Anyway, these little blue men hitch a ride on your cells, getting thrown from nerve to nerve like a slingshot.  When they reach your brain, they head to the base near the spine, where they start to work on building their fortress and establishing their factory.  That's why it takes half an hour for the shrooms to hit you - the blue men have quite a bit of work to do!

In their fortress, some of the men's jobs are to jump up and down in one spot, repeatedly stimulating your brain and at the same time blocking other activity trying to pass through the fortress area that they hijacked.

And others are sent to work making their magical brew, which they dump all over the base of your brain.  It turns your brain blue, and once your brain is blue, they just keep making more and more brew; so much that eventually it bursts through the blood-brain barrier and gets into your bloodstream.

And that is why, if you bleed on shrooms, it's blue.

True story.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Chrissi]
    #8699967 - 07/29/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yep

--------------------

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
    #8700201 - 07/29/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Arguing is awesome, as was stated earlier by guruu. I'm right there with you man, sometimes its just great to argue! :grin:

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: MonstroniuM]
    #8700212 - 07/29/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MonstroniuM said:

I like the way you think, I always figured if any animal was always in a 'tripping' mind state would of been cats. My mother was a cat lover, and after tripping for the first time and having all the cats around, they all had to be on the same level...

yea ive felt the same way. i live in a house with 3 cats and none of them ever liked me until i tripped around them. now whenever im around they seem happy to see me.

--------------------
- Dr. Timothy Leary

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

#8700229 - 07/29/08 11:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

SydBarrett420 said:

Really? You may want to ask someone with an M next to their name in the Hunting Forum... I've heard different. :shrug:

well maybe my statement was a little bold. i dont know about you, but any shroom ive ever had that bruised blue gave me a great time. :shrug:

--------------------
- Dr. Timothy Leary

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8700768 - 07/30/08 02:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

clemens said:
I laid them in front of a fan for like 2 or 3 days. What could have gone wrong?

:boxerface:

Dunno maybe yer dog is just that chill that you can't even tell when she's flyin high.  On the other hnad since we used to catch the dogs chewing on em all the itme and the one thats still around is just really mellow we were wondering if they just don't affect dogs the same way.  I mean the brain structures are diferent I'm sure that a more complex brain like ours would have more receptors hence we get higher than the dogs are even capable of.  One thing is for sure dogs get ripped off weed.  I kow that for sure becuase I've had more than one dog pull a plate of ganga food off the table and end up not being able to stand up for 3 days.  in fact last year I threw a bunch of squeezed out ganga butter leaf in the compost pile and they got in there and ate the leaf with the butter on it and they were fucked up for days.  Dogs are funny when they get ripped but it is scary since they are like our kids.  Glad everything is ok.
Peaz MR

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#8700771 - 07/30/08 02:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I bet your dog was tripping dude.  I mean think about it how would you even tell.  If a fellow mammal consumed that much psilocybin I think it stands to reason that he would trip balls.

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8700870 - 07/30/08 03:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well actually this isn't really a new question at all.  I seem to remember someone asking: "Does a Dog have Budha Nature?" at some point in the past...

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#8700872 - 07/30/08 04:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I know of some dogs that could have a bad trip easily, but maybe there are some dogs out there that could take a high dose and still just enjoy themselves.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#8701373 - 07/30/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
Here is a pic of them

For starters, get them out of the plastic bag... paper bags! PAPER BAGS! :smirk:

And that picture says zero.point.zero as to if they are cubes. :shrug:

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#8701409 - 07/30/08 09:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

clemens said:
Here is a pic of them

For starters, get them out of the plastic bag... paper bags! PAPER BAGS! :smirk:

And that picture says zero.point.zero as to if they are cubes. :shrug:

I know they are cubes and anyone who has hunted in FL for cubes could probably ID those as cubes just from the cap.

Why paper bags? If they have no moisture in them then wouldn't plastic be better? Airtight plastic bag inside a airtight glass jar.

--------------------

OfflineDjoum
Psy-student
Male

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #8704200 - 07/30/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Summary: Dog was fine. Noone was killed. Many flames were had in the forum.

Now noone has to remain in suspense like I did.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract