Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: SydBarrett420]
    #8697586 - 07/29/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Who knows if you are crazy syd, but this general idea is often on my mind as well.

They have no concept of anything, they are in a pre-egoic state. If you find yourself surrounded by egomaniacs on a trip, in contrast, this kind of serenity can be pretty admirable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemivonx
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: Central Texas
    #8697623 - 07/29/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Exhibits signs of euphoria? ...check
Distorted sense of time? ...check
Easily distracted by the most mundane things? ...check

That's enough for me.  Dogs clearly are tripping all the time.

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Loc: Through The Looking Glass
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: mivonx]
    #8697649 - 07/29/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well glad to see im not alone on this.
its one of the reasons i love being around animals tripping so much!

--------------------
“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself. Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- Dr. Timothy Leary

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: clemens]
    #8697651 - 07/29/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said: These mushrooms I picked myself and dried, they still have blue streaks on them.

Are you an experienced hunter? Did you have a positive ID?

They may be non active... obviously not toxic. :smirk:

OfflineSydBarrett420
Syd
Male

Loc: Through The Looking Glass
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #8697692 - 07/29/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i dont think theyd have blueing if they werent cubes...

--------------------
“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself. Think for yourself. Question authority.”
- Dr. Timothy Leary

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8697717 - 07/29/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SydBarrett420 said:
i dont think theyd have blueing if they werent cubes...

Really? You may want to ask someone with an M next to their name in the Hunting Forum... I've heard different. :shrug:

EDIT: And I had some homegrown shrooms that DID NOT bruise at all, yet they were potent as any other.

Edited by RoosterCogburn (07/29/08 02:19 PM)

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #8697888 - 07/29/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

clemens said: These mushrooms I picked myself and dried, they still have blue streaks on them.

Are you an experienced hunter? Did you have a positive ID?

They may be non active... obviously not toxic. :smirk:

I am most positive they are real magic mushrooms. This is not the first year I hunted shrooms. Not to mention I tripped on them when they were fresh. They are cubes.

I laid them in front of a fan for like 2 or 3 days. What could have gone wrong?

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#8697894 - 07/29/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Here is a pic of them

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8697904 - 07/29/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the dog prolly has a low susceptibility to them

--------------------

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Coaster]
    #8698303 - 07/29/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SydBarrett420 said:
maybe the dog didnt trip because its natural state of mind is what tripping for us is like.
just think about it, our whole lives weve been trained and molded to this idea that how we live is a "normal" "reality" but for a dog they have no prior knowledge of what its like to not be tripping.
tripping always does take me back to my animalistic instinct side.

or maybe im just going off on a crazy rant?

I like the way you think, I always figured if any animal was always in a 'tripping' mind state would of been cats. My mother was a cat lover, and after tripping for the first time and having all the cats around, they all had to be on the same level...

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: johnm214]
    #8698979 - 07/29/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

cake is a lie said:

if you weigh 65 kilos you have to eat somewhere between 15-20 kilos of shrooms to die bud. i call bullshit

don't perpetuate b.s. man

I presume your going off an ld 50 that probably is a very poor guess and then presuming nobody dies untill they get to the ld50.

I think you need to read up on what an ld50 is and what it means.

LD 50 for mice is 285mg/kg. assume dogs and humans have the same ld 50 cus there is no recorded ld 50 for humans or dogs that i could find.  if you had a 65kg mouce it would take 18.525 kg to kill 50% of the mice. if you do the math and follow a damn bell curve of the overdoses and take into concideration of what the guy was implying (5g being possibly dagerous to a dog) that 5g of shrooms would pretty much do nothing unless the dog had some kind of rare genetic weakness. 15-20 kg. maby YOU should read up on something befor calling bs?

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: cake is a lie]
    #8699137 - 07/29/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:foreheadslap:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8699158 - 07/29/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

only got through the first page,

as far as toxins go, dogs cant have certain foods, onions, chocolate, some others, but there is very little to cubensis besides psilocybin and baeocystin in general,

best bet, is just make sure shes calm, it will be enjoyable if she doesnt feel scared, like a person would.

I dont recommend purposely dosing animals with shrooms, because it confuses them, although many animals actually seek them out, as part of the animal instinct to alter consciousness.

she will be fine, it may be enjoyable if the setting is right.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8699177 - 07/29/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

they arent bunk.

maybe shes just having a chill trip, or thinks shes dreaming, or really doesnt give a rats banana.

4 grams is a lot of any shroom, but I hear outdo shrooms are generally less potent than indo.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: NastyDHL]
    #8699482 - 07/29/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NastyDHL said:
Quote:

skroomadoom said:
don't try to make yourself look smarter than you are by calling water hydrogen dioxide.  It's actually dihydrogen monoxide if you want to get technical but no one calls it that, not even real scientists, so quit trying to make it sound like you know more than you do.

haha, i was thinking the same thing...

Wow you guys caught on to the joke :wink:.  The point is the people I was arguing with didn't notice and I was trying to establish their incredulity.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: delta9]
    #8699493 - 07/29/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Did anyone ever stop and think that she just hid them somewhere to chew on and really didnt think they were that great to eat? I know when my dog ate a small amount he tripped.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8699539 - 07/29/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Dogs will definitely trip off shrooms for those of you who are saying they won't because they're like that anyway. There's tons of people who have seen it.

--------------------

OfflineChrissi
Stranger

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8699627 - 07/29/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Guys, you don't have to worry about the pathways of effect for psilocybin and psilocin.  I have it from a very reliable source that the way shrooms work, is that there are many many tiny blue men inside your mushroom (that's why it bruises blue, you see... whenever you squeeze a shroom, you kill a little blue man and his blood penetrates the tissue of the shroom).

Anyway, these little blue men hitch a ride on your cells, getting thrown from nerve to nerve like a slingshot.  When they reach your brain, they head to the base near the spine, where they start to work on building their fortress and establishing their factory.  That's why it takes half an hour for the shrooms to hit you - the blue men have quite a bit of work to do!

In their fortress, some of the men's jobs are to jump up and down in one spot, repeatedly stimulating your brain and at the same time blocking other activity trying to pass through the fortress area that they hijacked.

And others are sent to work making their magical brew, which they dump all over the base of your brain.  It turns your brain blue, and once your brain is blue, they just keep making more and more brew; so much that eventually it bursts through the blood-brain barrier and gets into your bloodstream.

And that is why, if you bleed on shrooms, it's blue.

True story.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Chrissi]
    #8699967 - 07/29/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yep

--------------------

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
    #8700201 - 07/29/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Arguing is awesome, as was stated earlier by guruu. I'm right there with you man, sometimes its just great to argue! :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order