Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8691116 - 07/28/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, the PE has had a serious misinformation influx since I frequented the place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #8691119 - 07/28/08 01:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
GODOG

:yarly:
:dancingbear::rainbowcloud::dancingbear:

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691124 - 07/28/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
The point is that there IS a toxic dose of mushrooms, but nobody is EVER likely to reach it.

i tried to tell you this earlier. you just can't admit you are wrong. like i said before, too much of anything can kill you, including water.

the dog will be fine, and no one will be dying of a mushroom overdose anytime soon. 'shrooms' are not toxic.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: usg543]
    #8691130 - 07/28/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^No, earlier I defined the difference between water's toxicity and psilocin's toxicity because there is a very real difference.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8691133 - 07/28/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My new band name

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8691139 - 07/28/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

time to nignore you

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: delta9]
    #8691145 - 07/28/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
Personal experience(I sold them the shrooms):  A 50 year old male received a pound of P. cubensis Amazonian in the mail. Since he was very experienced with Mushrooms and being excited to get the package, he decided to consume approximately 10 grams over a period of 1 hour. 
Aproximatly 1 hour after ingesting the last mushroom the man began to feel more lethargic than usual.  After another hour he was in respitory distress unable to breath with an extremely shallow pulse.  Upon hospitalization and presentation to hospital staff it was determined that the man had poisoned himself with a glutonous quantity of high quality cubensis.  I liver function assay was performed and abnormal enzyme levels were detected.  He was kept in the hospital for ten days until his liver function returned to normal.

True story, the guy was a friend of my brother.

Cite some sources, buddy.  Seriously...  Plenty of retards do more than 10 grams of shrooms (with tolerance for most of them).  Either he did it to himself mentally (which is his own work, certainly enabled by the shrooms but not CAUSED by - otherwise other idiots would surely have gone into respiratory distress) or you sold him aborts or something.  Also, saying "true story" doesn't make it seem any more true - more the opposite!

Nope at the time I was emphatic about whether or not this was just a bad trip or whether this was physical.  I was in Oregon and they were in New Jersey so I wasn't actually there. bUt I was assured that it was physical not mental.  There was an accusation about whether the shrooms had been "sprayed" with something so I was on the defensive and was on top of the whole thing but I wasn't there so...

edit: and actually after thinking about it yeah back then my op was huge and I had a tendency of picking them kinda young, ya know totally closed cap with the veil like still solid if even a noticable veil.  no doubt about it the guy was in over his head when he ate 10g's of my shit but the fact is he got sick from eating too much shrooms, and there was nothing wrong with them they were just that good..  It happened, for real.

Edited by Midnight Rider (07/28/08 01:40 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #8691162 - 07/28/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
^I know what MAO is. If it is metabolized by MAO, it is an MAO inhibitor, that it, it is possible to consume enough of it that you will occupy all available MAO.

Apparently, you do not know what monoamine oxidases or their inhibitors are[Erowid: MAOIs].
Quote:

MAOIs inhibit naturally occurring enzymes in the human body. This inhibition leads to increased levels of chemicals such as the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. By slowing their metabolism, MAOIs also allow chemicals such as N,N-DMT, to become active when taken orally.

However, it is indeed true if all MAO is currently activated it can be considered in an "inhibited" state -- but that doesn't mean you are taking an MAOI (serotonin is not an MAOI - it doesn't bind enough, methinks).
Quote:

And I saw an article that showed that some mushrooms contain 5-HT, but I can't find it amidst the sea of results about the hallucinogenic effects of mushrooms.

All I found was a mention on wikipedia's serotonin article; however, it lacks sources, and therefore should not be trusted.
Quote:

For the love of God, man, nobody ever said that its in any way likely that somebody would die from mushroom related toxicity. All the guy was saying was that the dog weighs enough that it isn't going to die. Psilocybin DOES have an LD50. It is about 280mg/kg in rats. The point is that there IS a toxic dose of mushrooms, but nobody is EVER likely to reach it.

For the love of Buddha, man, psilocybin's heavy dose for a human is 35+ milligrams.  If your dog weighs at least a kilogram, I think it will have a hard time ingesting more than 280 milligrams of psilocybin.

Also, I don't think you fully understand LD50:  EVERYTHING has an LD50 ratio.  LD50 is the ratio of substance to (average) subject mass that 50% of the test population dies...  so even if somehow a 10 kilogram dog could ingest 2,800 milligrams of psilocybin, it might survive (50/50 chance).

--------------------
delta9

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691170 - 07/28/08 01:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^*groan* We're both arguing two sides of the same coin, you realize? We've virtually been arguing semantics this entire time. Trust me, you don't need to talk down to me on the subjects of biology and psychopharmacology.

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#8691173 - 07/28/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Alright, if you really, REALLY want to get THAT technical about it, fine, I'll play your game. Some mushrooms contain 5-HT. As we all know, 5-HT is shredded by MAO. Since MAOis make mushrooms stronger, that must mean that psilocin is also metabolized by MAO. If you ate enough mushrooms containing comparatively high levels of 5-HT, you could achieve enough MAO inhibition to cause serotonin syndrome and death. Is it likely? Oh, GOD no, its not, but there you have it, a situation in which compounds found in mushrooms could kill you.

Bullshit.  5-HT is just Serotonin and I'm pretty sure it is not found in mushrooms, but even if it is, that it is neither toxic, nor a monoamineoxidase inhibitor (it is, in fact, a monoamine neurotransmitter, however).

BULLSHIT!

As a substrate of monoamine oxidase, it's a competetive inhibitor by definition.

What the fuck are you talking about?:confused:

Thank you! I was feeling alone in a sea of madness...:lol:

I'm talking about how we do not generally call substances that are merely competitive inhibitors (because anything that binds to a receptor at all would be) an INHIBITOR.  Yes, binding to something and then blocking inhibits, but if your bind rate is less than 20% and it only binds for a short period of time, it is not an INHIBITOR compared to a substance which binds to the same receptors at say 70% and binds for a long period of time.

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8691174 - 07/28/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

does anyone know if the dog is ok? ive never herd of a dog dieing or getting really sick

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: kintos]
    #8691182 - 07/28/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The thrust of the matter, zenthor, is that the dog is 90% likely to be OK.  I don't think anyone at all is seriously arguing that it won't be...  I'm just concerned with the misinformation of "poison" and "toxins" in Psilocybe mushrooms...  and then we got sidetracked! :awesome:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8691186 - 07/28/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

^All of this caused by some guy simply saying the dog was going to be fine and using an arguably poor choice of words :banghead:

--------------------

Offlineskroomadoom
master of theskroomaverse
Male

Loc: GA
    #8691612 - 07/28/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This is getting ridiculous.  It was all started because someone said that the dog WASN'T likely to die.  I don't see why delta9 has to go all crazy trying to prove that mushrooms are non-toxic.  Everyone knows that they won't kill you in normal or even huge doses.  There may be some other chemicals in mushrooms besides psilocybin, etc that might have negative health effects at some monster doses, though, but it's really beside the point of this post.  If you want to debate the toxicity of mushrooms, you should make your own thread.  This one is about the OP's dog.

And delta9, one thing I have to say, don't try to make yourself look smarter than you are by calling water hydrogen dioxide.  It's actually dihydrogen monoxide if you want to get technical but no one calls it that, not even real scientists, so quit trying to make it sound like you know more than you do.

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

#8691635 - 07/28/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

tripped with my cat last night.... he loves it... and know exactly what going on he actually loves the smell of mushrooms, and will eat them by themselves.

But i know for a fact animals need ALOT ALOT less than humans.... i gave my cat like .2 and he was having a great buzz, i could tell, but nothing too extreme for him to handle...

When i took 4 grams of cubes i tripped nuts, and it was too much actually.... so i cant imagine what that dog is going through.

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #8691736 - 07/28/08 09:53 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So fuck all this arguing over dumb shit, what about the dog?

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: Ophanim]
    #8691743 - 07/28/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
So fuck all this arguing over dumb shit, what about the dog?

--------------------

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

#8691800 - 07/28/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is pathetic.

You are an angry bunch of stoners -_-

Offlinechaos05
Stranger

Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: ultimo101]
    #8691844 - 07/28/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Dont dose your pets on purpose FFS (this isnt to the OP, but to the others whom think its acceptable and saying "but my cat loves it", get a clue!)

OfflineC. duckie
Stranger
Female

Loc: east coast
Re: dog ate more then an 1/8 of dried shrooms [Re: chaos05]
    #8691912 - 07/28/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

finish the goddamb story man. what about the dog!!

--------------------
might show tits for prints ;o)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale