Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Question about using a sonic humidifyer or mister
    #865926 - 09/04/02 09:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hiya all. Well, been reading a zillion FAQs and finally will be starting my setup. Here is my proposal, and a question about the humidifyer.

I am using a small, 2 drawer filing cabinet. In the top drawer, I will have a 1 gallon water jug as a reservoir in which I am submersing a sonic fogger. You know those things that you can buy at a pet store if you raise amphibians that makes fog? Yup, one of those. Makes it look kind like there is dry ice in there.

I am running clear vinyl tubing from this jug to a second empty jug, and then finally to a third empty jug. Then the tubing goes down to the second drawer, being careful not to have low points so the water won't collect.

Then It is going into a rubbermaid container. I have taken 4 inch pvc pipe and cut 5 donuts, about an inch and a quarter tall. I place one donut at each corner and one in the center, and then put a chrochet mat over it, so i made a little table. ( A crochet mat is a plastic screen.)

I Also made a drip plat out of a damage rubbermaid lid at an angle in the container.

The shroom cake is going to sit on top of the crochet mat.

I also put a hole in near the bottom of the rubbermaid container, for a drain.

Question is, will this sonic fogger that I have work to provide enough humidity? I had one laying around, so I thought I would try using it. I can always buy a real humidifyer if I need one.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

--------------------
-Artificial Intelligence is preferable to Actual Stupidity any day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Re: Question about using a sonic humidifyer or mister [Re: Growbaby]
    #867624 - 09/06/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Bumpity. Just curious before I spend more money on a Holmes humidifyer. Thanks!

--------------------

InvisibleShaw

#867900 - 09/06/02 07:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i don't hear about foggers that much. that's alot of work for cakes. I'd be more worried about oversaturation.

--------------------

InvisibleDaBeerLover
Stranger
    #868038 - 09/06/02 09:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hey buddy,

sounds like you are building a rocket ship. sorry i have never used a fogger before but i have made a used many terrium set ups. one thing i have learn. save your time and money. simple rubbermade tubes with perlite works bes twith cakes. and alot cheeper.

i know it fun to make elaborate set-ups ,but the simple ones work just as good. send the time and money on the more inportant thing, like Beer. mushrooms can grow anywhere.

best of luck with your fogger. let us know if it works.

DaBeerLover

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#868561 - 09/07/02 08:12 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It appears you like to tinker with things, which is cool. I like to do it myself. Since you already had the fogger you are not out cash money if it doesn't work as expected. I use a kaz healthmist humidifier hooked up to a rubbermaid tub which has a half inch hole in the bottom to let stale air out. You didn't mention what you were going to use for light. I assume you will have some kind of light inside the drawer, or are you just gonna open the drawer and expose the contents to room light each day? Also are you going to regulate the fogger with a timer?

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

OfflinePSILLYSIMON
ALL CAPS
Loc: texas
    #868583 - 09/07/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

As already mentioned , put the fogger on a timer or you may have an over saturation problem.I know the foggers of witch you speak,anything that puts out a visible fog will work, but use caution, too mutch humidity could be bad.use humidistat and timer to keep at 95 -98 % humidity. Maby add one of those small undea cabinet 10 watt flouresent lights .like the ones you use to take plant clones, also on a timer.Hope this makes sense.
:grin:PSILLYSIMON :grin:

--------------------
3,2,1, BLASTOFF!!!!

OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Re: Question about using a sonic humidifyer or mister [Re: groingrinder]
    #868907 - 09/07/02 12:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the reply! Yup, I LOVE to tinker with things. I have been cultivating pot for awhile and I build new hydro setups all the time for fun and give the old ones away. LOL, just finsihed buildign an aeroponics system a few days ago.

As for light, I plan on simply opening the drawer.

I was planning on putting the fogger on a timer, one hour on, one hour off, one hour on, etc.

Think this will be sufficient?

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!

--------------------

OfflinePSILLYSIMON
ALL CAPS
Loc: texas
    #868919 - 09/07/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Seriously , invest in a digital humidistat,and then set timer to keep about 95-98% humidity -when you get every thing finished post some pictures
PSILLYSIMON

--------------------
3,2,1, BLASTOFF!!!!

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #868975 - 09/07/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i say gofor it. i use an ultrasonic myself. i havent had any problems with oversaturation so i wouldn't worry so much about that. just keep an eye on them.
i also get pins alot faster using ultasonic than i did with just perlite.
i don't know how much humidity the fogger of which you speak puts out, but if it does as much as an ultrasonic then i would recommend getting a larger chamber.
i use one of those rubbermaid closets and it's still doing alright. i have 30 cakes and fivecasings in there now and am awaiting pins as we speak. they should be up later tonight or tomorrow morning. then i reduce the humidity and watch the fun.
i would however like to know how yours turns out. good luck to you and keep us posted. do youhave pics?

--------------------
If it wasn't for this damned insomnia, Id have more pot when i woke up. :mad:

OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Re: Question about using a sonic humidifyer or mister [Re: CRAZYFUKR]
    #869086 - 09/07/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nope, not yet. I'll put up some pics when I order my syringe. I proabably won't be actually starting this study for a few weeks, but I'll keep ya posted. I want to do more reaserch, research, reaserch. Heh.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag