Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

multiple strains, all but one fruiting...
    #8684025 - 07/26/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am currently growing 4 strain simultaniously.  B+, Amazons, Texas, and Palenque.  The B+, Amazons, and Texas have all begun to fruit well but the Palenques have not.

The syringes came from a respected sponsor.  There were no problems with contamination, and all jars, from all four strains fully colonized in a timely manner.

The B+'s pinned in the jars and were birthed and have finished their first flush. 

The Amazons Texans and Palenques were showing primordia so they were birthed and Double end cased in terrariums utilizing perlite humidification and laid on a bed of vermiculite and top end cased.
Except for a few jars of each strain that were dunk for 6 hours and then rolled as an experiment to see how these new strain(for me)would respond.  In short several "casing" methods were used.
Everything has been fruiting well regardless of casing method except the palenques. 

They are just sitting there looking healthy and nice and smelling of nice fresh mushrooms but they are not pinning at all.

I'm an experienced grower so I have gone back over everything ten million times and done a hundred searchs and tried to figure this out. 
I know that I did nothing wrong as evidenced by the fact that I put 6 cakes in every terrarium and I always put two strains in each and only the palenques won't pin or fruit while other strains in the same terrariums are fruiting right next to the palenques.I know what some of the possibilities are here but they all seem so damned unlikely:confused:.

The two cakes on the bottom left here are palenque the  three on the right are amazons(I think) and the one on top left is texas.  just the palenques are not fruiting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDemonDealer
Stranger

Re: multiple strains, all but one fruiting... [Re: Midnight Rider]
    #8684059 - 07/26/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

use perlite and put the cakes on some tinfoil , the cakes are prob just colonizing the verm underneath , wasting nutes and energy :sad:

--------------------

OfflineDemonDealer
Stranger

Re: multiple strains, all but one fruiting... [Re: DemonDealer]
    #8684062 - 07/26/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

you would have way more pins if u used foil at the bottom

--------------------

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8684087 - 07/26/08 12:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the verm is in an aluminum baking tray that is sitting on top of a bed of perlite.  Are you saying that the cakes should sit directly on aluminum foil?

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #8684116 - 07/26/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

there is always the possibility that they will never pin, sometimes myc mates up like that.

OfflineDemonDealer
Stranger

#8684126 - 07/26/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight Rider said:
the verm is in an aluminum baking tray that is sitting on top of a bed of perlite.  Are you saying that the cakes should sit directly on aluminum foil?

yes , i can see you are getting good results now, if u had them on foil,(big enough to cover the bottom of the cake) you would get major pins

--------------------

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8684168 - 07/26/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

here is a pic of the same bin from the side showing how I construct my terrariums.  I've been doing it this way for 20 years and everyone I've ever seen grow did some variation on this theme.  So school me, is this wrong now?

from the side

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8684176 - 07/26/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

man it's better then most i've seen, this forum and irc is jsut ate up with total nubs now.

great work!

unfortunately sometimes u don't get myc that mates for fruitbodies.

it can all be summed up in this read:

too much for me to explain

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: multiple strains, all but one fruiting... [Re: jeetered]
    #8684179 - 07/26/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah I was thinking that but damn whats is the probability of that?  It must be low.  on the other hand I could wake up one morning and find the things covered in pins.  I'l be patient a little longer and we'll see. 

I'll also try putting some foil on bottoms in a bin next batch and see if that works out for me.

OfflineDemonDealer
Stranger

#8684196 - 07/26/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
man it's better then most i've seen, this forum and irc is jsut ate up with total nubs now.

great work!

unfortunately sometimes u don't get myc that mates for fruitbodies.

it can all be summed up in this read:

too much for me to explain

jeetered ive been here longer than you (first time poster long time reader) , your an idiot who wants props for shit u didnt do , cough* cough* oak ridge

--------------------

OfflineDemonDealer
Stranger

#8684200 - 07/26/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

by the way the side view looks fine as long as your verm layer the cake is sitting on is very thin , looks ok :tongue::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8684203 - 07/26/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah im not saying that's going on, but in the past two years it's happened to me ONCE. But i had mixed like 40 pints of colonized grain into a bucket, then dumped about 50lbs of highmountain compost in, then when they wouldn't fruit, started realizing each pint was it's own little colony, blah blah blah, hence i didnt get but 8 grams of dry dwarf shrooms from what would have yeilded pounds.

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8684268 - 07/26/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ok. after reading the entire thread that Jeetered linked to, which actually was kind of a refresher on cloning for me, I'm gonna give them a little more time before I give up and toss them and the mother jars I kept for mycelial propagation.  See this is why I always get like 4 strains when I start up just incase shit happens. 

I'm definatley thinking a thinner layer of verm might not hurt too.
Thanx for the input.

Peaz MR

InvisibleMidnight Rider
dead mycologist
 User Gallery

#8687013 - 07/27/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I went in to pick earlier and there are nice pins on all the palenque cakes:blush: Ok peaz Out, MR

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds