Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated
    #8686750 - 07/27/08 02:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have a shared basement I am considering how to set up my first bulk grow in. Id like to be able to use my whole 10 pounds of compost at once to avoid contams, which means a 3x1 tub, filled with 3 11"x9" casings. The basement I would be setting up shop in, is more of a storage space, that wouldnt even be looked at between midnight, and 3 pm the following day, if hardly ever. If it is discovered, there is not a chance of much more than "it needs to go" so Im not incredibly worried about it being discovered - Id just rather avoid it.

To begin, I have two boxes to be used, one is to house the humidifier and timer switch for the lighting, the second will be side by side with the first, to conceal the fact that a hose is feeding humidity into the second box - the fruiting chamber box :smile:

Now, my thoughts on the important one - the fruiting chamber.

To start, I have a box that allows the chamber to sit 2-3 inches away from the walls of the box, with a bit of room on the top as well. Now, Ive chosen to go with a rope lighting (Or so Im thinking), for a few reasons:

1. The top of my FC has an opaque lid, and as I have metal casing pans, there is no need to feed light directly from above, so I could just rap the rope lightings around the sides of it.

2. From what I have read, and what I would expect, rope lighting does not get very hot - this would help to avoid drying out humidity or burning the house down. I figure if I line the box with foil, that would keep heat off the sides of the box, and a little extra light to get those fruity little fruits fruiting!

3. It could easily be fastened to the sides of the box by poking holes in the sides and feeding plastic zip ties through them to strap the roping into place, and I am hoping these holes would allow for enough space to vent any heat the rope lighting may give off, and to get the Co2 out of the box that has been pushed out of the chamber by the humidifier.

So, in the smaller box, the humidifier would be humming away feeding the chamber, while the timer is lighting the chamber, and directly next to it would be the tin-foiled box, lined with lights, hopefully producing 5 ton mushrooms.

A few of the first questions I had:

1. Does anyone have experience with rope lighting? Does it get hot enough to start a fire or dry out a fruiting chamber?

2. Would quarter inch hole be adequate for air exchange? Im guessing with the amount of heat the lights would be emitting, it would force out a lot of air, thus exchanging the Co2.

3. Is there any other type of lighting that is virtually heat free? Or suggestions on how to make a ultra-stealth set up similiar to this idea?

I dont have even an entire closet to dedicate to this, so I am trying to make an as condensed environment, without cheating the casings out of what they need to make me smile.

As always, any and all input is greatly appreciated. Stay shroomy!!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: c1dh3d]
    #8686782 - 07/27/08 03:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

just keep your lights low and the fresh air coming. No rope lighting I like the 1 foot fish lights cool blue are good no heat really. sounds to  me you have unwanters in your place and the shared basement so be care full friend:smirk:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: gethyn]
    #8686800 - 07/27/08 03:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I was actually considering perhaps christmas lights as well, not sure what exactly a 1 foot fish light is.

Unwanters are not a big deal, I just don't want to have to find a home for / throw out casings - but I am willing to risk the wasted effort.

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
    #8686859 - 07/27/08 03:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

no man no lighting like that ! no rope no christ lights just a florestent source of any type will do, they sell these little floresent wands at wally world for around 7$ i just keep a LOT of fish so i guess thats what im jabbing about (fish light)

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: gethyn]
    #8686869 - 07/27/08 03:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So florecents (or however you spell that) minimize the heat factor?

OfflineNexusOne
Stranger
    #8687142 - 07/27/08 05:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm paraphrasing RR, here, so credits and arguments can go to him, but ideally you want a very blue (high frequency) light and you won't get that from Christmas lights (which use an incandescent bulb) or rope lighting.  The best way to get it is to use a fluorescent light.  A small lamp with a CFL in it should work just fine, or the tube lights gethyn mentioned.  You might want to research color temperatures for your species before you start your project.

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: NexusOne]
    #8687164 - 07/27/08 05:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I was actually reading some things from that very wabbit about kelvin bulbs. I'll bump this with a post sometime tomorrow with bulb suggestions, during normal human hours - so more than us zombies can reply :smile:

I hope we can perfect an extremely condensed bulk-grow atmosphere, or someone can point this thread to the right direction - or both.

I know there has to be someone other than me, that doesn't have their own corner of the world that noone will ever see.

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8687351 - 07/27/08 08:31 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

get a compact fluorescent bulb make sure it says its Daylight 6500 kelvin these bulbs will almost be light real sunlight to your mush..  Also there heat output is very minimal.. I use them to stealth grow weed and I can get the plant up to about 4 inches away from the light without burning the plant..  And weed plants are really really really easy to burn..

Edit 1

If u need to see what they look like let me know I'll post a pic of them in the package..

Edited by Damion5050 (07/27/08 08:32 AM)

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: Damion5050]
    #8687672 - 07/27/08 11:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

There are ropelights in the 6,500kelvin range....PM me if you need a link. :sun: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

Invisiblesmokedout420
The EnlightenedOne
Male User Gallery

Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: Psuper]
    #8687697 - 07/27/08 11:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i suggest you use your closet. they find out and call the police your screwed....

Offlineseagul
Stranger
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: smokedout420]
    #8688001 - 07/27/08 01:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

18" fluorescent strip light, with a plant&aqaurium bulb, or any bulb with a Kelvin rating around 6500k, can be higher tho.. it upwards of 10000k(superdaylight)

i actually use, an 18" strip, with a "super daylight" bulb, bulb is made for aquarium use. I keep a couple marine reef tanks, so i have tons of aquarium BS laying around also.

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: seagul]
    #8688036 - 07/27/08 01:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This light works well:   

It can be found at any store that carries light bulbs. It costs five dollars.

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ultra Stealth Tek - Advice appreciated [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8688260 - 07/27/08 03:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If there was any chance that I'd be going to jail, I wouldn't do it, period.

6500K daylight bulbs seems to be the consensus then?

Does anyone have any feedback on whether the tinfoil idea would be yay or nay? Figured it'd be extra light, but upon thinking of it, it may be extra heat as well. Only solid reason I wanted it in place was to keep the heat from the light away from the cardboard box.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation