Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWONKA
I think i tooktoo much
 User Gallery

Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up. Now on FOX News.
    #8677022 - 07/24/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

Edited by WONKA (07/26/08 07:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecottlestonpie
wanderer
I'm a teapot

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: WONKA]
    #8677171 - 07/24/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I love when these guys finally come clean, it has to eat away at them knowing what they know or seeing what they saw and not being able to talk about it.  The only time we here these stories is when the or old and grey or on a death bed.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#8677677 - 07/24/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That is cool. Seems like the alien presence/UFO thing is coming front and center pretty quickly...

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: fazdazzle]
    #8678172 - 07/24/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This is pretty significant.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8678284 - 07/24/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thats interesting.  I think a lot of skeptics fail to observe how credible some people who have seen UFOs or aliens are.

Buzz Aldrin's experience, in case you never saw it

Offlinehazey
Male

#8678646 - 07/25/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hope the men in black suits dont show up to kill the poor guy

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: mofo]
    #8679280 - 07/25/08 05:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed!

Also, pilot sightings hold a huge resources of highly credible and trained observers who are having close encounters.  Most of them will not report their sightings until after there flying careers as it would be professional suicide not to do so.

The evidence is over-whelming. 

I know some other life form is visiting Earth in advanced ships.  I stood 40 meters away from one as me and my friends watched it land behind his house.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: Ego Death]
    #8679447 - 07/25/08 07:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the older people get, the more willing they are to come clean and tell the world.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8679587 - 07/25/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

> the older people get, the more willing they are to come clean and tell the world.

The higher prices get, the more willing people are to make up BS to help sell books.

> The evidence is over-whelming. 

I respectfully disagree.  There is an over-whelming amount of claims, but scientific evidence is rather lacking.  (To be fair, one could claim that this is because the governments cover up almost all valid evidence.)

I watched something a while back on Larry King Live (online) with some ex-military guys that was actually decent.  I have no doubt that they witnessed something, and it certainly sounds alien, but with the military, who knows for sure.  Worth watching, if you stumble across it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: Seuss]
    #8679772 - 07/25/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The end is nigh!

You know, ten years ago, I'd have been shocked and surprised. But now, it's just "Eh, I know already." But it's still a welcoming sight to see more prominent figures coming forward with this information.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8679784 - 07/25/08 10:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The longer this kind of information is held from us the more information we will speculate they are holding.

I dont get what they think will happen, telling us that aliens exist would not cause widespread anarchy, no doubt a few nutjobs would go mad but on the whole they would just be confirming what we already know.

Realizing life exists elsewhere would expand our consciousness of life & the universe, it would be very humbling for this generally self obsessed human race.

I really dont see why they keep this information?

:peace:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: Chronic7]
    #8679992 - 07/25/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

A government does not require consciousness expansion.  They want to govern.  Hence conscious expanding drugs being illegal.

Theres many good reasons to keep aliens secret.  The aliens have the best technology so if your government or military can communicate with them or take their tech by whatever means you'd definitely keep that a secret so that other military didn't also try to gain the same advantage.  They would also have to admit that they are powerless in the face of these beings.  War of the worlds demonstrated the public was not ready to be told.  Times have changed but if I told my gran they were proven real she'd probably just keel over and die at the shock!

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8679996 - 07/25/08 11:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: Seuss]
    #8680024 - 07/25/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

There is an over-whelming amount of claims, but scientific evidence is rather lacking.

Thats true but science would want an alien in a test tube before it had scientific proof.

The fact of all this testimony from credible people with nothing to gain is good enough but then add it to the bigger picture like the physical trace evidence left in many abduction cases, (Stephen michalak being an excellent example).

He was left with these burns and the classic missing time after an ecounter with a saucer.

When the whole phenomena is studied there is only one rational explanation - the ET explanation.  Its an even crazier leap of faith to say every single credible witnesses has lied.  To say every single abductee somehow made the physical traces themselves.  To say the military have got amazingly advanced, dressed up in aliens suits abducted people and harassed their own military and astronauts is equally as absurd.

Your right, its not scientifically proven but it is obvious in the face of what we are presented with here.  IMO, there is no other rational explanation.

Offlinealoofiam
Stranger

Loc: Anywhere but here
    #8680723 - 07/25/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just saying, but my ex gf believed aliens have been here too.  However, she was schizophrenic.

Not saying it isn't possible, but the distance these aliens would need to travel to get here is far too great IMO.

Possible yes, but very very unlikely.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: Ego Death]
    #8681086 - 07/25/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
A government does not require consciousness expansion.  They want to govern.  Hence conscious expanding drugs being illegal.

You got it! Can't have people thinking and doing things for themselves now. What if they decided paying taxes or honouring shit laws was a fucking waste of time? What if they decided working high paid stressful jobs was a fucking waste of time?

--------------------

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: aloofiam]
    #8681173 - 07/25/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aloofiam said:

Not saying it isn't possible, but the distance these aliens would need to travel to get here is far too great IMO.

Far too great for something with a human-like lifespan?  What if they live a 900,000 years each, and don't experience what we call boredom?  They could travel for a long time at a speed we consider possible.  Or they could cryogenically freeze themselves and resurrect when they get close to their destination.  Or they could open wormholes and make it instantly.  Or they could travel very close to the speed of light, experience very little time, and get here very fast. 

There are plenty of options that we can conceive of, and plenty that are beyond our frame of knowledge.  And this is only speaking of three dimensional beings and space.  Who knows what's out there.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #8681605 - 07/25/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Everybody is crazy except me.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #8681731 - 07/25/08 08:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jonathanseagull said:
Or they could travel very close to the speed of light, experience very little time, and get here very fast. 

It is my understanding that you may be missing the "relativity" portion of the theory in this....
Relative to us, we might "see" them experience very little time at that speed, but to them, it would still be X,XXX,XXX light years of travel....
I might be wrong, but I think that is the way it is supposed to work....
Just being nit pickittypicky....  :grin:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up [Re: aloofiam]
    #8681745 - 07/25/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aloofiam said:

That is, if your originaly assumption is that these aliens are made of heavy-gooey matter that is far too susceptible to mass inertia.

Lately, thanks to particular read, I've no choice to change my starting assumtions and thinking more in the direction of the matrix/robots/computers/intelligence...

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (07/25/08 08:29 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder