Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Optimal Nutrients ?
    #854729 - 08/31/02 09:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I posed this question previously & didn't quite get the question across - properly  :frown:.

To rephrase it:

Does anyone know (or can direct me to ) what the optimal substrate nutrients general P.C. mushrooms thrive on --(as in nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, boron, soluable salts, carbon / nitrogen ratio, lig / cellulose & hemi/cellulose content, percentage or ratio?

Thanks for any help, pointers or direction! SixTango  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: SixTango]
    #864835 - 09/05/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Bump" to keep the question -- alive  :confused:. SixTango  :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #865264 - 09/05/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Unfortunately due to the general ban on research for these particular mushrooms finding such specific data might prove to be very difficult. Good luck anyway though.

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: Alkaloids]
    #865347 - 09/05/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hear ya. I wonder if there is any of the same info available, say for Portabella's?

SixTango  :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinebluepoo
journeyman
Loc: europe
    #867846 - 09/06/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.dsmz.de/dsmzhome.htm

i sopose this would be a good place to ask

why do you need it so exact

--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
the above is what the litel leprecans told me to say and should be regarded as such
-----------------------------------------------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: bluepoo]
    #867858 - 09/06/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My guess would be to build a super substrate... The mycelia growth would be so agressibe it would crawl full the holes in the lid, work it's way around the house slowly taking it over and making you a prisoner, all in it's plot to...
AWAY. I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU TO MUCH!

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: bluepoo]
    #867942 - 09/06/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the pointer.

I don't need it "so exact".

I would just like to get in a general ball park range  :smile:.

The reason is that........................

Well that's another story................. a rather commercial endevior.

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #867951 - 09/06/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

LOL, how did you know :wink:?

A new building material -- Myco/Homes. They grow as your family does.

Nope, it is another matter. The Raccoon ran into a situation where he can have a compost "made to suit", from an exacting industrial source. By the ton's & ton's, by the way & cheap, too  :grin:.

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #871164 - 09/09/02 03:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

try a search for a thread called "Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocybin)" by a guy called 00Zen

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #873714 - 09/10/02 04:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Six, TMC and GG&MM mushrooms will have some of that info in them. Carbon/Nitrogen ratios and what-not in the compost sections. For other aspects, I think looking at the tables in the appendix would be a good start. They have nutritional breakdown of all types of grains, straws etc. By reverse engineering, you can get a decent idea of what you're looking for. For example, look at the phosphorous content of wheat straw (which we know works well as a substrate).

I can get you specific info from the books if you want. EM me.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblegregre
    #888032 - 09/17/02 09:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I use a diluted mix of miracle grow for garden plants for my gourmets. They seem to love it. Granted this is not a substrate but it helps in poor conditions.

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
    #888088 - 09/17/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hi
for higher psiloc(yb)in levels add 5-hydroxy tryptophane (seeds of griffonia simplicifolia). search the web you can buy it at vitamine stores etc.(5-HTP Tryptophan)
I just read this, didn't try it yet.
You could also add some brassinosteroids (but i think its not essential)
the mushroom might also need carbon hydrates (dont know if this is the right term, I only know German "Kohlenhydrate")
also maybe mushie will need amino acids
sorrs for bad spelling caus I'm really stoned from yamyam Hamburg-weed

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

#916182 - 09/29/02 01:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Check this link out... web page
I have added a lot of this to the water that I cook the grain in, and it seems to have really helped my flushes and even a noticable difference in my potency....for real and NO it wasnt just my mind or a placebo effect. Even my friends noticed it too.
Trace minerals are responsible for a variety of bio-chemical reactions, which is why they are so essential to the human body. The great thing about these trace minerals is that they are "ionic" and highly absorbable for any living person or fungus. :smile: 

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #916389 - 09/29/02 04:54 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a great idea
How much did you add?

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: zeta]
    #920429 - 09/30/02 07:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Zeta: These mineral drops are very concentrated. They are not the same as coloidal minerals if you are familiar with those. They are much more concentraited and also better than coloidal.
However, to use as a health supplement it recomends about 20 to 40 drops in jucie or water. I added quite a lot to the water that I pre-cooked my rye grain in, but I didnt exactly measure how much it was. But I did use a large amount of them untill I could taste them pretty well in the water. The drops themselves taste very nasty and will burn your mouth because they are so strong. I imagine that you might not want to add too much because the water would become so saturated with minerals that it might hurt the spores or make them hard to grow, kind of like trying to grow mycellium in saltwater...really strong saltwater....which would be bad for the fungi. Though these mineral drops have 99% of the sodium removed...but you get what I am trying to say right?
Anyways, the amount I added has seemed to only boost the growth and potency of my crop. I hope you and other people will try this out and experiment with it also. It would be great to get other people's experiences and feedback using these mineral drops, and that way we can all compare notes, therefor helping us all to learn and come up with solid facts.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Optimal Nutrients ? [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #920961 - 09/30/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I found some micro/nute powder at Lowes that suppliments any soil - w/anything missing. I will look at the brand name & post it. It helps & does no harm.

6T

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale