Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20
    #8677117 - 07/24/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Are Pot Users Criminals? The Tragic Case of Rachel Hoffman
July 24, 2008 - ABC News

After being caught twice with a "baggie" of marijuana, 23-year old Rachel Hoffman was reportedly told by police in Tallahassee, Florida that she would go to prison for four years unless she became an undercover informant.

The young woman, a recent graduate of Florida State University, was murdered during a botched sting operation two months ago.

Her case will be profiled Friday on 20/20.

"The idea of waging a war on drugs is to protect people and here it seems like we're putting people in harm's way," said Lance Block, a lawyer hired by Rachel's parents.

The Florida Attorney General's office says it is reviewing the procedures and protocol of the Tallahassee police.

Rachel's case also has raised new questions about state and federal laws related to marijuana possession.

"I'm calling her a criminal," Tallahassee police chief Dennis Jones told 20/20, who maintains that both drug dealers and drug users are considered criminals to his department.

Under Florida law, possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana is a felony.

Rachel was also found in possession of two ecstasy pills, a felony under Florida law no matter the quantity because it "has a high potential for abuse and has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."

The Tallahassee police chief says Rachel was suspected of selling drugs and she was rightly treated as a criminal.

"That's my job as a police chief to find these criminals in our community and take them off the street, to make the proper arrests," Jones told 20/20.

Rachel's case also is raising questions about how police recruit and use informants in undercover operations.

"There need to be some safeguards here," said Block, the Hoffman family lawyer.

The young woman received no training before being sent to an undercover meeting to buy a large amount of drugs and a handgun from two suspects.

Police says Rachel was killed by the very handgun she was supposed to buy.

"I don't think she understood the risk or danger that she was in," said Block.

Rachel was in a drug court diversion program when she became an informant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: veggie]
    #8677231 - 07/24/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This is such a sad story.  I am really glad it is getting the national spotlight it deserves.  I hope a lot of people watch it and hopefully even think about it.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8677263 - 07/24/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

"I'm calling her a criminal," Tallahassee police chief Dennis Jones told 20/20, who maintains that both drug dealers and drug users are considered criminals to his department.

Is manslaughter a crime?

I'm calling every officer involved in that case a criminal.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Loc: Your computer screen
    #8677315 - 07/24/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Rightly treated like a criminal?  Amazing how brainwashed people are.  I hope the pig loses his job. 

He acts like her dying is acceptable punishment for smoking pot?  What would have been fair is one of those rat-bastard fucking cowards that people treat like heros getting the bullet.  At least they sign up for that and claim to "risk their lives" serving the public.  Well, then go and fucking risk it instead of sending a defensless, untrained, scared-shitless girl to do your dirty work.

--------------------
No knowledge can be certain, if it is not based
upon mathematics or upon some other knowledge
which is itself based upon the mathematical
sciences.
  -Leonardo da Vinci (1425-1519)

Speak well of your enemies.  After all, you made them.

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Loc: Florida, USA Flag
Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: pothead_bob]
    #8677529 - 07/24/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly, national media is uninformed. I myself am a student @ TCC, a local community college here in Tallahassee, and have talked to her in person, albeit only one time because she was a known snitch. She was a pretty well known name if you stay here around campus, and was commonly seen around at parties, music festivals with her crazy purple hat she always wore. It is a sad story that a young, educated, could be good looking woman was turned out by our much hated local police department. But I myself having been arrested for identical charges here in town was sentenced to 2 years felony probation, and some work days...and that was with priors, mind you. Later violating my probation I was sentenced and sent to LCJ, and let me tell you it's a cake walk compared to the others if encountered. Also, having seen 4 out of the 5 felony judges over my stay here in Tally, I can tell you with no priors and being a college grad, ect. she would of  damn near been let go! I feel bad for her boyfriend, he's a cool cat but he'll tell you himself he saw it coming, and really doesn't like how much light/attention a rat is getting.

Moral of her story is, don't tell people you work with the police, and want 'big time' drug dealers to set up. She wanted everything to go down like her favorite show "DEA" and by golly it did.

R.I.P.

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

Edited by MonstroniuM (07/24/08 07:49 PM)

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#8677765 - 07/24/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (03/10/21 05:39 PM)

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #8677961 - 07/24/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

I'm thinking of converting to Christianity so I can spend the rest of my life believing that this stupid, fascist pig will spend all eternally in hell undergoing the same process every single day; being gutted & then slowly roasted.

Traditional Christian and Muslim beliefs hold that hell is simply eternity in the absence of God, not being gutted and slowly roasted forever.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Offlinemdistruktq
Stranger

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8678525 - 07/24/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
Traditional Christian and Muslim beliefs hold that hell is simply eternity in the absence of God, not being gutted and slowly roasted forever.

So basically maintaining the status quo for eternity.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #8678706 - 07/25/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Bitch deserved to die.  Fucking snitch, and you pussy ass hippies feel sorry for her.  She got busted, she should face the consequences.  Granted cops were pieces of shit, but they are cops thats their job.  Too bad it didn't happen in NJ or I would have trolled her funeral.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: fapjack]
    #8678753 - 07/25/08 12:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
Bitch deserved to die.  Fucking snitch, and you pussy ass hippies feel sorry for her.  She got busted, she should face the consequences.  Granted cops were pieces of shit, but they are cops thats their job.  Too bad it didn't happen in NJ or I would have trolled her funeral.

You do a good enough job trolling these forums, no need to go to the funeral.

Those guys belonged in jail, it appears, so there was nothing wrong with snitching on them.  It was obvious she was a narc.  They could have said "no" and not have been arrested for murder.  While its wrong to get others in jail for drugs, she couldn't have picked a more deserving pair of folks than these guys- who rightly belong there.

More drugwar bullshit.

Declare peace, and stop this madness.  Drug prohibition creates crime, and not just drug crimes.  These assholes would never have made any money selling drugs if they were legal, and wouldn't have been tempted to use deadly force even if they were.

You can't go to the cops when you have a business dispute or are being threatened if the product you sell is illegal.

TPD Chief is an asshole.  Yeah, she's a criminal, so what?  My grandma is a criminal when she speeds, such is a crime.  Should she be set up with dangerous thugs to buy guns and huge quantities of drugs?

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: johnm214]
    #8678771 - 07/25/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

Those guys belonged in jail, it appears, so there was nothing wrong with snitching on them.  It was obvious she was a narc. 

Stated like a true scumbag.  I'm glad none of my friends have the morals and scruples you do.

--------------------

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

#8678835 - 07/25/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Word up, and trust homie, the police were in force because a lot of people wanted to cruise the funeral, AND the damn Purple Hatters Ball, some stupid music festival they did in remembrance of a snitch where all her snitching friends were 'gathered'.

And as for the two locked up for it, I use to get my car detailed at a store they use to work at the guy was cool. I didnt know the female that well, but the guy was legit. Always had the good rolls for the lo-lo, but dude why do you think she was killed? She was a known snitch, and dude knew it was a setup. She was linked up with this two cats AFTER she told her friend she turned narc and was suppose to turn him in, but didnt want to and asked him for someone to turn in, in place of him. So dude hook her up with one hardcore nigs from Qcity and his side kick who did what anyone with nuts would do to a known snitch. Lemme tell you they got cake too, the guy was one of like 5 brother that were taken down in a multi million dollar drug ring over here in Havana, or something I cant remember. He was the only one not arrested, there for one she had told her 'pooh-bear' (her nick name for her favorite vice officer) about these guys she met they jumped the gun and really wanted to nab this guy, and sent her to buy guns, incredible amount of some beans, and some powder. And they sent her with 17 stacks cash money, so they shoot her with the gun she was suppose to buy, ironic? I think not.

She was suppose to have a friend across the street in the park recording it all go down so she could watch it, like her favorite show 'DEA'. You ask me, she got what she wanted.

Late

--------------------
The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All posts are for entertainment purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: MonstroniuM]
    #8678894 - 07/25/08 01:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think everyone will agree that hopefully this case will change the dynamics of drug enforcement in the United States.

If victims of drug enforcement officers are forced to consult an attorney (who would most likely advise against such stupidity) the future of prohibition will be much in jeopardy.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: Chemy]
    #8678911 - 07/25/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't bank on it helping the cause.  I think our economy is going to have to take a shit on itself before anything positive will happen.

--------------------

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: Chemy]
    #8678938 - 07/25/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well hopefully this gives the other 175k snitches in the US something to think about, its not just as simple as catch a charge, bitch up, and squeal on someone that had nothing to do with your situation/problem. So death to all of them, let them all think their next set up is their last. Hoorah.

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

#8678952 - 07/25/08 01:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Why is it that Florida is so infested?

I've been all over the country and I can tell you Florida is the snitchiest state in the union.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

#8678982 - 07/25/08 01:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Youre telling me, I am from Cali. moved here like 6 years ago and can't believe the tolerance for snitches here bro, it's honestly disgusting. Retaliation is a must.

--------------------

Edited by MonstroniuM (07/25/08 01:44 AM)

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#8679314 - 07/25/08 05:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, snitches deserve to get shot.  Snitching is one of the worst things you can do, you never cooperate with the pigs.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #8679320 - 07/25/08 05:51 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm glad to see this being aired on such a highly viewed program as 20/20.  This should open up the eyes of millions who may have missed or overlooked the story when it first appeared.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: $tate of Inebriation, Pat...
    #8679341 - 07/25/08 06:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fapjack said:
I agree, snitches deserve to get shot.  Snitching is one of the worst things you can do, you never cooperate with the pigs.

while i agree with this completely, i think the real point of this case is that pigs shouldn't even ask it of people. one good thing that may come of her snitching is that now there is a story people can look at and think about how and why an innocent (for all practical purposes) girl had to die doing a cop's job.

on the other hand, the cop did try to say she was suspected of dealing. the public may focus on that blindly and say she had it coming. i guarantee they made that part up after the fact, so people would be less sympathetic.

humans piss me off.

--------------------
praise "Bob"
did you mean shmooed-R.I.P.

"drought besets the mind, decay besets the man"-me

Offlinepsilophile82
stilltrillchillpill>realdeal
 User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: rev 766]
    #8679388 - 07/25/08 07:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cops+snitches=scum of the earth

--------------------
"chaos is the nature of order"

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: $tate of Inebriation, Pat...
Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: psilophile82]
    #8679446 - 07/25/08 07:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that's true, but you sound like a teenager. look at the forest for the trees. there should be no chance a drug user could ever be killed doing the job of an undercover cop. snitching in all forms is reprehensible, including giving statements, but you are missing the point here that although this chick did something terrible, she died doing a cop's job.

it's like a smart kid getting busted with a joint. the cops could throw it out, but instead they fuck up his financial aid by charging him and he winds up working at mcdonalds till his 40. one could argue that if they were so smart they wouldn't have been out partying or risking it or something (i doubt anyone here would, but i'm sure at least cops would), but it boils down to the fact that it is a shitty thing for a cop to do.

do not get me wrong, i would beat the fuck out of a snitch in a second, but civilian bystanders don't need to be killed in the retarded drug war our government has created. yes, she agreed to it, and yes, in the end it is ultimately her fault, but the police should not put people in such a position.

it seems to me that everyone should plead the fifth when asked to snitch, as it does put your life in danger. if you go to jail, you will be punked out, and if you're on the street you will always have to look over your shoulder. seems like justification to invoke the 5th amendment.

--------------------
praise "Bob"
did you mean shmooed-R.I.P.

"drought besets the mind, decay besets the man"-me

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

#8679519 - 07/25/08 08:27 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

moved here like 6 years ago and can't believe the tolerance for snitches here bro, it's honestly disgusting

Well, it looks like that's changing now.  Perhaps people in the state will reconsider cooperating with cops.  But it also comes down to these cops.  I've had encounters with them before and they lie through their fucking teeth.  I'm not saying it's right for somebody to cooperate with them, but it's a stressful situation when that person is being interrogated and basically told they're never going to see the light of day again if they don't help. 

Quote:

do not get me wrong, i would beat the fuck out of a snitch in a second,

Ontop of that, I'd like to beat the fuck out of some of these asshole cops.

--------------------
sciences.

Offlinepsilophile82
stilltrillchillpill>realdeal
 User Gallery

#8679561 - 07/25/08 08:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
that's true, but you sound like a teenager. look at the forest for the trees. there should be no chance a drug user could ever be killed doing the job of an undercover cop. snitching in all forms is reprehensible, including giving statements, but you are missing the point here that although this chick did something terrible, she died doing a cop's job.

it's like a smart kid getting busted with a joint. the cops could throw it out, but instead they fuck up his financial aid by charging him and he winds up working at mcdonalds till his 40. one could argue that if they were so smart they wouldn't have been out partying or risking it or something (i doubt anyone here would, but i'm sure at least cops would), but it boils down to the fact that it is a shitty thing for a cop to do.

do not get me wrong, i would beat the fuck out of a snitch in a second, but civilian bystanders don't need to be killed in the retarded drug war our government has created. yes, she agreed to it, and yes, in the end it is ultimately her fault, but the police should not put people in such a position.

it seems to me that everyone should plead the fifth when asked to snitch, as it does put your life in danger. if you go to jail, you will be punked out, and if you're on the street you will always have to look over your shoulder. seems like justification to invoke the 5th amendment.

I agree wholeheartedly, but the fact of the matter is that people do cop's jobs for them everyday. The system of informants undermines the judicial system, allowing for criminals to escape charges and trial, just to sell others out. The fact that someone knows a few names in the underground circles should never beget them a chance to beat the system, benefiting only their own freedom and undermining the individuals who weren't stupid enough to get caught in the first place. I'm not a teenager and i have experienced the hell of the legal system too much to elaborate on. The authorities in law enforcement manipulate the constitution, in order to get good media coverage and appear to be taking drugs off the street, when in actuality they are empowering the street level users, to go support another drug dealer when their current one gets incarcerated. This story is a tragedy, but there are many others very similar to this in every state and on the federal level. The more time goes on, the more power over our individual rights are taken away. These tactics used by the police and overlooked by the justice department/judicial system are gross violations of the law, justified in the name of the original waste of the american tax dollar- the drug war. Another life wasted in the process- RIP

--------------------
"chaos is the nature of order"

InvisibleMonstroniuM
The Original Juggernaut
Male

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: psilophile82]
    #8679944 - 07/25/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly, but the fact of the matter is that people do cop's jobs for them everyday. The system of informants undermines the judicial system, allowing for criminals to escape charges and trial, just to sell others out. The fact that someone knows a few names in the underground circles should never beget them a chance to beat the system, benefiting only their own freedom and undermining the individuals who weren't stupid enough to get caught in the first place. I'm not a teenager and i have experienced the hell of the legal system too much to elaborate on. The authorities in law enforcement manipulate the constitution, in order to get good media coverage and appear to be taking drugs off the street, when in actuality they are empowering the street level users, to go support another drug dealer when their current one gets incarcerated. This story is a tragedy, but there are many others very similar to this in every state and on the federal level. The more time goes on, the more power over our individual rights are taken away. These tactics used by the police and overlooked by the justice department/judicial system are gross violations of the law, justified in the name of the original waste of the american tax dollar- the drug war. Another life wasted in the process- RIP

Very nicely said :thumbup:

She has faded from local limelight with another drug related murder happened around the corner the other night. I guess its true what they say, outta sight outta mind, you know what im talkin bout :thumbup:?

--------------------

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#8680500 - 07/25/08 01:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (03/10/21 05:39 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #8684053 - 07/26/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Did anyone else watch this segment last night?  I did.  It was OK.  Most of it was about what happened to Rachel and establishing the timeline of events.  There was an interview with the police chief that pissed me off.  Just your typical cop protecting the law instead of the citizens.  He was unapologetic.  He continuously referred to Rachel as a criminal, when she had not yet been convicted of any crime.  It made me sick.  He came off, to me, as a real heartless bastard.  No training for rachel?  wtf?!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8684304 - 07/26/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Did anyone else watch this segment last night?  I did.  It was OK.  Most of it was about what happened to Rachel and establishing the timeline of events.  There was an interview with the police chief that pissed me off.  Just your typical cop protecting the law instead of the citizens.  He was unapologetic.  He continuously referred to Rachel as a criminal, when she had not yet been convicted of any crime.  It made me sick.  He came off, to me, as a real heartless bastard.  No training for rachel?  wtf?!

Yeah, I watched it last night.  It was kind of short.  I'm pretty satisfied with it though.  That reporter ripped that cop a new asshole.  Did you see how many times he stuttered when answering questions like, "why didn't you guys call it off when she left the safe zone?", "why did you send a young girl in there with no training?", "So you're calling her a criminal even though she was never convicted of a single crime?", "So then I guess you just feel that everybody that ends up in drug court are criminals before they have even been tried?"

It's like the cop never expected to be asked those logical questions.  He just paused for several seconds after every question.  He was probably busy kicking himself for agreeing to do the interview.  And hopefully, he was realizing how much of an asshole he is.  Although, I'd be skeptical of that.

That last question was my favorite because it's 100% true.  Our judicial system is supposed to be that you are INNOCENT until proven guilty, but not with the War on Drugs.  With that, you're GUILTY until you prove yourself innocent or snitch somebody out.

I think they said the parents are pressing charges.  I hope they do and win big time.  Maybe that blow would cause some of these pig departments to reconsider their strategies to cover their asses.

--------------------
sciences.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: pothead_bob]
    #8752075 - 08/10/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

According to personnel files, the Rachel Hoffman case represents the fifth time since 1999 that Lt. Taltha White has been investigated by the Tallahassee Police Department's internal-affairs unit and the second time an investigation involved a confidential informant.

White was the lieutenant who approved the controversial drug-and-gun bust involving Hoffman on May 7, and the one who was heavily criticized in the grand-jury presentment that was released Aug. 1.

"Although a lieutenant was monitoring the radio transmissions, she was also tasked with a computer audit at the same time and was somewhat distracted," the presentment read. "Further, the lieutenant had only been supervising the unit for less than three months and had no prior experience in the VICE unit."

During the course of the grand-jury testimony, White also admitted that she did not read the operational plan (OPS) before signing off on it.

"Although the lieutenant testified that she did not actually review the (OPS), she did indicate that the transaction was discussed with her in detail and she approved it," the presentment read.

White, a 20-year TPD veteran, had just been transferred to the vice unit earlier in the year.

"It's unfortunate that there wasn't a supervisor with more experience," said Kevin Fitzpatrick, who was a narcotics officer in the Hillsborough County Sherriff's Office for 29 years. "That would have helped a lot. Because narcotics is a whole different world. There's nothing in the police academy that can prepare you for it."

One month after the deadly sting operation, White was reassigned as a supervisor in the Administrative Services Division. Less than two months later, she was under investigation for the fifth time in nine years.

In 1999, following a sustained investigation for improper conduct, she was ordered to detail how district Community Oriented Police Squads should maintain confidential informant files. What exactly prompted the corrective action isn't known; Internal Affairs files with sustained charges are purged by the department after five years.

There were two more improper-conduct investigations into White that same year. One was ruled to be "unfounded" and in the other one she was exonerated. In 2006, she was also exonerated in a neglect-of-duty investigation as well. I.A. files that are labeled "unfounded" or "exonerated" are purged after one year.

While White wasn't the only supervisor in the vice unit who had been investigated in the past, she was the only one with a "sustained" investigation.

Vice unit Capt. Chris Connell had a firearm-related injury ruled as "justified" in a 2003 investigation, and a 1988 excessive-force investigation was "not sustained."

Sgt. Rod Looney was exonerated for improper conduct in 1999 and for improper procedure in 2001 — and a firearm discharge was ruled as "justified" in a 2004 investigation.

The other vice supervisor, Sgt. David Odom, has never been under investigation before.

All four, along with Investigator Ryan Pender, were placed on leave last Monday, just four days after the grand jury stated in a presentment that it believed the unit's command staff was "negligent in its review of the OPS plan and supervision of this Transaction."

Said Fitzpatrick: "The primary job of the supervisor is to be a safety observer. When I was supervising narcotics, I would nit-pick every little detail to make sure the deal was safe. I would say, 'I don't care how much dope you can get. If you get killed or the CI gets killed, it doesn't mean a thing.'"

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080810/NEWS01/808100319

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: Chemy]
    #8752166 - 08/10/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 01:36 PM)

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: oxalic32]
    #8753371 - 08/10/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

A pretty shitty story on all accounts :thumbdown:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Rachel Hoffman case on 20/20 [Re: oxalic32]
    #8753827 - 08/10/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The pigs are the pigs, I've been seeing them fuck people over for my entire life.  Its there job, it isn't however a drug users job to rat out their dealer, its the job of a piece of shit that should die.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom