Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheeShadow2169
The Inner Circle
Male

Loc: Somewhere close by
Question on casing methods
    #867042 - 09/06/02 09:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Okay guys my cat is going to try a casing for the first time. He's going to be using just verm. His question is that is says to crumble the cakes. He was woundering if anyone had actually tried to just cut the cakes wiht a sterile knife before. He was thinking that cutting them instead of crumbling them would make for a more even pin set. Also is it possible to dunk the cakes, not cold shock them, before you add them to the casing? Does anyone have any insight to this? Thanks in advance for you help.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Everything above is a lie. Why do I lie? I don't know why.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Question on casing methods [Re: TheeShadow2169]
    #867054 - 09/06/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

He was woundering if anyone had actually tried to just cut the cakes wiht a sterile knife before.

Yes. I have tried this in the past and it works fine. Save some cake to crumble up into the spaces left between the cake slices. This will make a relatively level substrate layer.

In reply to:

Also is it possible to dunk the cakes, not cold shock them, before you add them to the casing?

I never worried about this. I felt that the moist vermiculite and mistings were sufficient. Probably wouldn't hurt.

Good luck!

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Question on casing methods [Re: TheeShadow2169]
    #867080 - 09/06/02 09:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeap - i will also agree, thats how i cased my cakes and they fruited okee. i didnt have extraordinary flushes however, but this was also the result of other problems... :wink:

good luck!!

Kykeon
athens greece 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix