Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

Dear mushroom newbies.
    #8665667 - 07/21/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I hear alot of people talking about how shrooms dont really make you trip and how they don't give you good visuals.  I also hear alot of people saying they didn't trip off of an eighth and they will take more next time.

now I come to you with experience this happened to me I decided I could handle 9 grams dry mushrooms and had no clue what I was in for.

So I will expel a few myths and share some of my knowledge.

you can get visuals off of extremely small doses like for instance 1.5 grams. 

Smoke some bud and close your eyes.

Dont be expecting things like in the movies for me mushrooms usually offer a strange image like an eyeball or a face repeated in a fractal there will also be alot of movement with eyes open or closed.

I am telling you this because you may take an eighth and decide you didn't take enough so next time you'll take double.
Don't

If you take enough mushrooms to see things like you see in the movies your thoughts seem to fractalize and you become extremely confused you may also begin to experience auditory hallucinations like actually hearing your thoughts out loud, not only this but you will most likely completely lose control of your thoughts.  This has happened to me and someone else I know and it is not fun at all, (the police were called for the other party) you feel completely insane for the duration of the trip and you risk seriously fucking up your head or doing something very very stupid.

If you want visuals like that, look to other drugs like LSD or the 2c's, mushrooms simply have different visuals, but please respect the mushroom it is a serious psychedelic and even though it may not be what you are looking for you need to respect it because it can and will kick your ass harder than acid, mescaline or DMT.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]
[quote]night_owl said::facepalm:[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: 7734591202]
    #8665718 - 07/21/08 11:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

nice post.

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
    #8665725 - 07/21/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

some sage advice.  I took too much one time and I really started to panic.  Fortunately I was able to get a hold of myself and talk myself down.

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Shad0w]
    #8665736 - 07/21/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed, I've never been so fucked in the head from acid as I have been from an accidentally high shroom dose. Never.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Shad0w]
    #8665738 - 07/21/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You're talking about avoiding bad trips and telling everyone to take some other retardedly powerful hallucinogen to avoid them?

Anyone who doubles their dose when they don't get their desired effects gets what's coming to them.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Ophanim]
    #8665749 - 07/21/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

LOL, sorta true......

But the warning is a good one, Shroomz is a lot harsher on me than either cid or mesc....

And sometimes I dont think neophyte explorers get the right impression.... so a sound piece of warning is good once in awhile.

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8665774 - 07/21/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I am just stating that this desired effect cannot be reached on mushrooms without the cons greatly outwiehging the pros.

LSD and 2c-e have both offered me visuals that I had expected to get from shrooms not necessarily better just more in control and realistic on low doses, on acid as low as two hits and 2c-e as low  as 15 mg (smoking pot the whole time) both with considerably less mindfuck.

not saying they are better in any way just different and and by the way I was young when this happened to me and most people with this mentality are still young and irresponsible, but it is better for them to be warned than to end up in a mental hospital or jail.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]
[quote]night_owl said::facepalm:[/quote]

InvisibleBlasphemous
Novice Mushroom Hunter
Female

#8665862 - 07/21/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I always have pot when i do mushrooms no matter what the dose if I'm getting into the mindset of freaking myself out i just take a toke and everything seems to even out.

Ive never had a bad trip but i have scared myself for a few minutes until i can talk/smoke myself out of it.

Across the Galaxy(the movie, is it across the universe?) did it for me....i don,t know why, but seeing uncle SAM coming out of the wall telling me that he wants me really freaked me out for some reason........guess i just don't trust the government.:evil:

I was all, "why does he want me?"....."what the hell did i ever do to him?" that degenerated to "oh my god the cops are coming to get me"......don't ask......lol mushrooms make you think crazy things.

Me and 2 other guys split a half o for that one......but for some reason uncle SAM didn't get under their skin....

--------------------
"Liars prosper."
~Anonymous
[quote]lexmark said:
no, howbout you learn to be illiterate[/quote]:rofl:

InvisibleJenkins22
Mutilating_cows_4_better_poo

Loc: Fuk_U_Earth
Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Blasphemous]
    #8666249 - 07/22/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i took 3 hits of jesus christ blotter back in the 90's.  I wigged the fuck out, saw aliens land and talked to hundreds of people watching the landing. None of what i saw was really there. Long story short i ended up in the hospital in handcuffs. One occasion after the incident i took a whole 10 strip and had a great trip. No cops or hospitals. I think it varies and the results of any dosage( over 3 grams or 3 acid hits) are a wild guess...IMO

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Jenkins22]
    #8666271 - 07/22/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I would have to agree.

There is always the element of unpredictability

OfflineYouthInAsia
Stranger

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Jenkins22]
    #8666297 - 07/22/08 01:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Most psychedelically naive people I know when they ask me about tripping EVERYONES first question is "what'd you see?"  I sorta shake my head (not too much though, these people are my friends) and say, well...  At times I see a lot of shit, or nothing, but that's not the point.  It's an experience that in order for you to understand you just have to take the plunge and not go in with any preconceived notions because you'll probably not get what you expect.  I have seen some cool shit, but I mainly just have a ton of fun while under the influence of one of the many drugs out there.

--------------------
Go back to bed America.

Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
    #8666474 - 07/22/08 02:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
You're talking about avoiding bad trips and telling everyone to take some other retardedly powerful hallucinogen to avoid them?

Anyone who doubles their dose when they don't get their desired effects gets what's coming to them.

pfft, the pros quadrupil the dose if they dont get the desired effect lrn2tripnub.

well thats what i did..... 1/16th first time then 1/4 oz second time tripping on anything. was a really really bad idea lol

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: cake is a lie]
    #8666491 - 07/22/08 03:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Another bad idea is what i did the first time took shrooms 4g's then felt nothing so downed another 2g's then started to feel things so i thought why not take another 2g's (i have now found out things take a hour or 2 to kick in with me cid or shrooms) and was blasted out of this world but at the end of the day i don't regret that trip there was hard parts but good friends and a good setting go a long way.

but what a way to get to know yourself

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Ozzy_shroomer]
    #8666710 - 07/22/08 07:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I took 120grams wet once and a while into the trip afterit had been so ecstatic i fell into hell, i HATED it so much, but every time i just let go of wanting to get that happy feeling back & let the hell run its course i was at peace, looking back at the experience i wouldnt take it back because i learned the second i stop clinging to wanting to feel good, i feel good.

Its all about non attachment & large doses taught me that.

:peace:

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: Chronic7]
    #8666752 - 07/22/08 07:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

@ 7734591202

True, some people can get good visuals on low doses, but some cant aswell.  Take me and coaster for example.  Both experienced users of many substances, and we both don't get good visuals.

I don't take heroic doses, but i've tripped enough to know how my own body reacts to shrooms.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: anyone420]
    #8666836 - 07/22/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Good post man, it seems like when people are upping their doses, they are doing so to increase the enjoyable effects but don't think about the negative.

Offlineskroomadoom
master of theskroomaverse
Male

Loc: GA
Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: lukey2411]
    #8666860 - 07/22/08 08:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Good post.

I feel like most people who take mushrooms for the first time expect basically to just "see things."  The first time I ever tripped I had exactly the same mindset.  I just wanted to get fucked up and see colors.  I then proceeded to eat 1/8 of the strongest mushrooms I have ever eaten in my life.  Complete ego death, no idea what it even meant to be human, just completely merged with the universe.  Pretty much impossible to put into words.  Needless to say it was not what I expected.  I didn't trip again for a full year after that one.  Once I realized that tripping wasn't just another drug to get fucked up on and that it actually had a spiritual side to it, I began to appreciate it more and now I can say that psychedelics are probably my favorite drugs.  It all comes down to what you expect/want out of it matching up with what you get.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: skroomadoom]
    #8666895 - 07/22/08 08:33 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I took mushrooms to find out what it was like.  Not to obtain any specific feeling.  Because i had only smoked weed a couple times before i tried shrooms, so i was fairly oblivious.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: anyone420]
    #8666921 - 07/22/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I suggest you post this on some other forums as well. While not EVERYONE here is super educated in the way of the mushroom, most of the posters here know this stuff.

Spread the word man (not trying to be a dick, just a little suggestion :laugh:)

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: RasJeph]
    #8667015 - 07/22/08 09:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

its a lost cause tryin to educate everyone

i was just adding to this particular discussion

--------------------

OfflineAlicedee25

Re: Dear mushroom newbies. [Re: RasJeph]
    #8667023 - 07/22/08 09:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

good post

I blacked out when i took ~7 grams, luckly i didn't get out of bed and mess my house or myself up. 2 hours passed without me knowing it and i dont remember a thing. If i would had worked my way up from 3.5 to 7 i might have found out beforehand high doses make me black out.

--------------------
Here's Tom with the weather

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order