Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
cops are such fuckups
    #8657801 - 07/20/08 07:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So I've had a decent week handing out resumes and trying to find a new job. I figured tonight was Saturday, and I did not feel like wasting it at home. So a friend and I decided to go to renegade rave up north a bit in a (apparently very dull) little town called Novato.

Once we parked, we had to walk about half a mile to get to where the rave was; it was a few hundred yards from any freeway, in a gravelly area on a hill under some trees. There were some industrial zones nearby, no houses or anything. It was a pretty low-key affair as far as raves go; 20-30 people, music that is plenty loud but not unreasonably so, some neat little light toys and stuff. It had such a lovely, clean vibe; everybody there was enthusiastic and friendly. Free water too. And they were spinning some mean psytrance. My friend and I stood in the front dancing for an hour or so. We smoked a bowl while we were at it. All in all, it was just starting to get great when...

The cops come. They rounded up absolutely everybody, gave everybody sobriety tests. They called for backup (five or six cruisers and an SUV in all), make a huge deal out of it. It takes hours for them to do their stupid light-in-your-face routine to everybody. I admitted to having smoked some pot a couple hours before and still having a little bit on me. When my friend and I got our pulses checked, we were above the resting rate, and made to sit down with the rest of the "above resting rate" folks. They told us that yes, our pulses are above resting rate, and that we'd better chill out, because if we're not at resting rate when they check us again we must be on something.

What?

My friend had the unmitigated gall to point out that pulse isn't a very good way to verify the presence of drugs, that we're all cold and shivering, some of us have to piss. He was smart enough not to mention that most people are put somewhat on edge by being made to sit for hours waiting for a verdict from a few pigs stuffed in uniform. The cop basically told him to shut up or he'd be in cuffs.

I was one of the first to get my pulse re-checked, and I guess I possess whatever level of zen mastery is necessary to force my pulse down while I'm shivering my balls off, being given another sobriety test, and wondering if I'd get in trouble for my weed and pipe. But they let me go, just like that, no search, no confiscation.

The rest of that group and my friend were not so fortunate. Everybody was hauled off except for myself and a few others. I met up with two on the walk back to the parking lot, turns out they had 300 ecstasy pills and one of them was rolling balls, but managed to get away with it by telling them his pupils were massive because it was dark and his pulse was fast because he had a heart condition. I have no idea how they got away with 300 pills, but they pulled it off.

Again: what?

These cops are the biggest fuckups on the planet. My friend just went to jail because his pulse was above resting rate. He had no drugs on him, he had smoked if anything less pot than I had, and I was the one who was going to be driving anyway. But they threw him in jail.

I thought it was unreasonable when I was in the drunk tank sober as a judge for nine hours, but I'd actually been drinking earlier that night. This is much worse. My friend just got fucked for literally no reason.

Felt like venting. The night started off great, turned to shit. I just feel sorry for my friend, he's much worse off than I am even though if anything I was guiltier. I feel like I fucked up his weekend.

Has anybody else been to the tank for a pulse above resting rate? This seems like the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen spewed by some cops, and that says a lot. Was this even legal?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (07/20/08 07:57 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJack yo Self foo
The Artful Dodger
 User Gallery

Loc: Where the red fern grows....
Re: cops are such fuckups [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8657809 - 07/20/08 07:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

wow...rounded up everybody,and tested them?!?!?! i guess it was only 20-30 people but sheet mang...

sounds like some new tactic with the rest rate er whatever...whats the point...if you don't have anythingon you who cares...

they going to arrest you for having an irregualr heart rate??

guess thats what sucks about raving in the middle of nowhere....nowhere to hide...

--------------------
You learn something new everyday, so be sure you learn something from it.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: cops are such fuckups [Re: Jack yo Self foo]
    #8657811 - 07/20/08 08:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Those were some extremely bored cops I guess, that's the only explanation. There's no way something this obtuse and silly would happen in the city, or anywhere, for that matter, where there was actual pressing police work to be done.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #8657814 - 07/20/08 08:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow thats a bunch of bullshit, perhaps a lawyer is needed for your friend. Good luck to him, that is ridiculous.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
    #8657838 - 07/20/08 08:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What did you expect it's a rave, not bingo night.

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Free sVs!
Female

Re: cops are such fuckups [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #8657841 - 07/20/08 08:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Fair enough. It's really just the pulse thing that gets to me. It seemed quite... illegitimate.

And of course that the guys both holding and on massive amounts of drugs were among the few who were let go. Hence the title of the thread: fuckups. Those cops are terrible at their jobs. They're total fuckups.

I'm gonna have a couple drinks and watch a movie. I'm pissed.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (07/20/08 08:28 AM)

InvisibleJack yo Self foo
The Artful Dodger
 User Gallery

Loc: Where the red fern grows....
    #8657847 - 07/20/08 08:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Fair enough. It's really just the pulse thing that gets to me. And that the guys both holding and on massive amounts of drugs were among the few who were let go. Hence the title of the thread: fuckups. Total fuckups.

I'm gonna have a couple drinks and watch a movie. I'm pissed.

they were just clever...you've got to be clever in the first place if you were able to get your hands on 300 tabs...

what puzzles me is that they must not go to too many raves in that area...do more folks usually show up round there...that's like 10 per person...

hmmmm...maybe they weren't as clever as i first thought...

--------------------
You learn something new everyday, so be sure you learn something from it.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #8657849 - 07/20/08 08:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ridiculous, you shoulda pulled out an AK and just mowed em all down.  :minigun:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: cops are such fuckups [Re: Ego Death]
    #8657853 - 07/20/08 08:33 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
Ridiculous, you shoulda pulled out an AK and just mowed em all down.  :minigun:

(slaps forehead) OF COURSE! Why didn't I think of that! :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #8657914 - 07/20/08 09:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Or pull out pepper spray, fuck them all up then dose them with high potency sid while they are on the floor.  Smash their radios so they can't call for backup and then run off.

Heh I hate party pooper cops.  So what if I want to get high and dance to trance?  Why would anyone want to stop that?

Only assholes that got bullied at school and still carry a grudge against all other people become cops.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: cops are such fuckups [Re: Ego Death]
    #8657921 - 07/20/08 09:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Seriously, though. These guys have inferiority complexes a mile wide.

It really does frustrate me... the area we were in was beautiful, but it was also heavily littered. There was a giant Rockstar container on the path out, the cops certainly didn't notice it as they were driving out with their fresh haul of innocent captives.

(We weren't littering.)

Our taxpayer dollars go to an organization that prioritizes ruining people's fun for no reason over keeping the environment clean.

It's like a fucking comic book or a cartoon, with the broadly-drawn villains and all. It's insane.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Community >> The Pub