Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: Effed]
    #8731203 - 08/05/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So I have some developments, I think in the scope down Ethan's throat they have found out whats wrong with him!

When they scoped his esophogas his stomach and small intestine looked perfect, the only thing they noticed were small deposits in his throat which they biopsied, they diagnosed him with Eosinophilic Esophagitis.

Brief Description:

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EE) is a disease characterized by swelling of the esophagus (the part of the body connecting the throat and the stomach) caused by an allergic white blood cell, the eosinophil. Symptoms of EE can range from severe heartburn, difficulty swallowing, food impaction in the esophagus, nausea, vomiting and weight loss. There appears to be some age-related differences in symptoms, with younger children having more symptoms of weight loss, and older children and adults having food impaction and difficulty swallowing.

When he was tested for food allergies he showed no reactions to milk, or anything else for that matter.
He also loved milk and ate cheese like it was his job, so we never made the connection. The night before we found out the prognosis I sent a text to Elise telling her how fed up I was and what I had planned to do. One of the things was to cut milk and then wheat from his diet. So needless to say this is amazing news, and hopefully its all that is wrong with him. Its a little disappointing to know that it may be something so simple all this time, but on the plus side its nothing serious in the end.

Thanks so much everyone for the love, advice, and support!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerugergirl79
lεṡвïαṉ εχτɾøḋïṉ^
 User Gallery

Loc: cardboard box
    #8731213 - 08/05/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That is great man!  I am so happy for you and your family!  He is going to be upset without his cheese, but at least he will get better!!  good luck with his recovery from this situation!  :hug: kat

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #8731217 - 08/05/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That's awesome they found the problem and it's not too serious. Best wishes to you guys.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#8731266 - 08/05/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome man, glad to hear you found out what the problem was. It can be scary not knowing whats going on.

Offlinemetalmorph
Pat Badass
Male User Gallery

Loc: So. Maryland
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: Gumby]
    #8731520 - 08/05/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

he's really going to miss milk products

let me spew info on your thread

see, all dairy products contain casein, and when it's broken down it releases an opiate, yes, like the drug, that's why when little kids drink milk, they calm down (it's not just because of their preoccupied with a boob) but, people can become addicted to it. And when they get off off it, they become a little bitchy. Though, he'll get over it.

Quote:

Casein has been documented to break down to produce the peptide casomorphin, an opioid that appears to act primarily as a histamine releaser.

but anyway. I felt like showing off really.

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: metalmorph]
    #8732244 - 08/06/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Not all opiods cause euphoria or addiction - and if this one primarily acts on histamine, it wouldn't cause those effects. It'll cause allergy-type symptoms.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #8732461 - 08/06/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I didn't expect to have my heart broken this morning.  Effed, I am glad to hear you found out what you did and I hope Ethan gets better and better.  You have a beautiful son.  I hope you and your girl make it.

Mucho respect for Gumby, Prisoner#1 and Shroomism.

This place is quite a community, so many seem to care so much about others.

Love to all  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8732471 - 08/06/08 06:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Effed said:
So I have some developments, I think in the scope down Ethan's throat they have found out whats wrong with him!

When they scoped his esophogas his stomach and small intestine looked perfect, the only thing they noticed were small deposits in his throat which they biopsied, they diagnosed him with Eosinophilic Esophagitis.

Brief Description:

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EE) is a disease characterized by swelling of the esophagus (the part of the body connecting the throat and the stomach) caused by an allergic white blood cell, the eosinophil. Symptoms of EE can range from severe heartburn, difficulty swallowing, food impaction in the esophagus, nausea, vomiting and weight loss. There appears to be some age-related differences in symptoms, with younger children having more symptoms of weight loss, and older children and adults having food impaction and difficulty swallowing.

When he was tested for food allergies he showed no reactions to milk, or anything else for that matter.
He also loved milk and ate cheese like it was his job, so we never made the connection. The night before we found out the prognosis I sent a text to Elise telling her how fed up I was and what I had planned to do. One of the things was to cut milk and then wheat from his diet. So needless to say this is amazing news, and hopefully its all that is wrong with him. Its a little disappointing to know that it may be something so simple all this time, but on the plus side its nothing serious in the end.

Thanks so much everyone for the love, advice, and support!

Wow, when I first read this thread the question that immediately popped into my head was, "What is he eating?"  So many illnesses are caused by what people put into their bodies.  I hope ceasing consumption of dairy will be helpful for your son.  He's such a beautiful kid.  And you look like such a proud dad.  :thumbup:  It's great to see you guys together.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: MOTH]
    #8732559 - 08/06/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That was my first gut thought as well.. so many illnesses are caused by food reactions, especially in children and when they go unchecked they can turn into chronic conditions. I know when I was a kid, I was highly allergic to all dairy and pineapples... for some reason. Anyway I don't think humans are meant to be drinking the amount of cow's milk we do. I mean sure cow's milk is fine... when it's unpasteurized. Drinking this pasteurized and homogenized cows milk in the quantities we do is not at all good for the body and is actually thought to be linked to a VAST number of diseases. Unpastuerized cows milk from grass fed cows is extremely high in antioxidants, enzymes, beneficial bacterias and other life-giving nutrients...  almost all of which is killed during the pasteurization process. Pastuerization kills enzymes, denatures fragile milk proteins, destroys vitamins C, B12 and B6, kills beneficial bacteria, promotes pathogens and is associated with allergies, increased tooth decay, colic in infants, growth problems in children, osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease and cancer.

"Pasteurization was instituted in the 1920s to combat TB, infant diarrhea, undulant fever and other diseases caused by poor animal nutrition and dirty production methods. But times have changed and modern stainless steel tanks, milking machines, refrigerated trucks and inspection methods make pasteurization absolutely unnecessary for public protection. And pasteurization does not always kill the bacteria for Johne’s disease suspected of causing Crohn's disease in humans with which most confinement cows are infected."

So yeah, the raw cow's milk is actually good for one. But pasteurized, homogenized milk is definitely no replacement for raw human milk.. which is ideal for human consumption. But glad you figured out the problem!!

Did you know we are the only species that drinks another species' milk? And we are the only species that drink milk after infancy.. just a fun fact.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #8734535 - 08/06/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Much love brother!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: geokills]
    #8734561 - 08/06/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nice to hear you have a diagnosis. Nice to hear things are getting sorted out for your son :thumbup:

:sun:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8734565 - 08/06/08 03:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Hongos said:
Mucho respect for Gumby, Prisoner#1 and Shroomism.

many of us here have grown to know the people in the community, we
see most everyone here as family, there's a great many good people
here, yourself included, so...much love to you brother

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: Shroomism]
    #8735277 - 08/06/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

Did you know we are the only species that drinks another species' milk? And we are the only species that drink milk after infancy.. just a fun fact. 

lol... somebody has been reading www.notmilk.com :laugh:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8735303 - 08/06/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

lol you got me :tongue:
actually I was reading http://realmilk.com/

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: Shroomism]
    #8737290 - 08/07/08 01:21 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, and most humans can't drink milk after infancy either. It's a European evolutionary trait.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: zouden]
    #8737304 - 08/07/08 01:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zouden said:
Yeah, and most humans can't drink milk after infancy either. It's a European evolutionary trait.

That explains why they drink milk in asian countrys.....

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a doctor in the house? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8737402 - 08/07/08 02:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder