Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Spawn Bags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

ready for dextrose and malt lc need help though
    #8656476 - 07/19/08 10:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I finally aquired all the needed stuff for a malt/dextrose lc except i cannot find a good tek on it. anyone help me out here?

i was planning on using a quart mason jar with a plastic lid which i made a hole and my own idea for sealer of the hole.

i so far have read about using a coffee maker to help with the lc. i think i may buy a new one tomorrow just for making lc's. i was reading that you can pre mix distilled water and dextrose/malt before putting into the coffee maker then let it run and your done. i also heard you may not have to pc due to the coffee maker and saying your other stuff is already cleaned well. anyone know of this?
    i also read you could just place a double filter then the dextros and malt then another filter or two then let it run ... not sure if it works let me know..

other then that i am not sure on what measurements of malt and dextrose to use. i was thinking of using either 250ml or 500ml

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: ready for dextrose and malt lc need help though [Re: tony8404]
    #8656776 - 07/19/08 11:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

okay did alittle more reading and just wanna run this by. i read 1 tablespoon of malt and 1 tablespoon of dextrose per 500ml or 2 cups of distilled water... does this sound right?
    i also read 1/2 tablespoon of malt and 1/2 tablespoon dextrose per 250ml or 1 cup of distilled water.
    which would be the one to go with? also, if i was to use a coffee make dedicated to making lc's using 2 filters and the dry ingredients do i just use a doubled coffee filter with dry ingredients just like making coffee or do i place a filter and then the ingredients and then the second filter? thanks

Offlineunderdwg
Knowledge Seeker
Male

Loc: Gold Coast
Re: ready for dextrose and malt lc need help though [Re: tony8404]
    #8656785 - 07/19/08 11:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The answer to your questions.. This is a pretty good tek and I have been using the spawn bag recipe. Works like a charm... however my results with the LCs are inconsistent so far.. I found for me it seems I have to PC the LC for 45 mins @ 15 psi (maybe a little longer?)in order for the LC to work right.. but still in the process of figuring out what works best for me.

Enjoy. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5718812#Post5718812

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ready for dextrose and malt lc need help though [Re: underdwg]
    #8656794 - 07/19/08 11:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

1  teaspoon malt is good for 5000ml's of LC and still be the right ammount.

I use this recipe:
5000ml water
1 teaspoon malt
1 teaspoon turbinado/honey or karo
1 tablespoon dextrose

simmer LC mix 20 minutes, jar and PC for 30 minutes @ 15 psi

never fails:thumbup:

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Spawn Bags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation