Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWeilii Nelson
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9063115 - 10/11/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
you need to give it more time, we need a few days of sunshine to dry things out, thats when they really take off.

Ive had to wait 7 days after it rained one time to see sum fruits, but once they started they lasted for 2 weeks and were all massive flushes each time.

I think when it rains it stimulates the mycelium to grow underground, but once the conditions are favorable above ground they fruit. The rain stimulates the myc and the weather after the rain influences how large the fruits will get, as well as patch size.

agreed :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChoking victim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: Weilii Nelson]
    #9063127 - 10/11/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, also.

OfflineChoking victim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: Choking victim]
    #9063155 - 10/11/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Anybody know if you take a mycelium cluster from your spot, can you transfer it to another outdoor habitat?

And if so can it be somewhere without sweet gums and pine?
Im kinda stumped.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: Choking victim]
    #9063414 - 10/11/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Choking victim said:
Anybody know if you take a mycelium cluster from your spot, can you transfer it to another outdoor habitat?

Im kinda stumped.

Yes, ive done it before, try picking out a flood path.

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #9063525 - 10/11/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Choking victim said:

Im kinda stumped.

I did this about 3 or 4 weeks ago when we had that good week of rain. 

I found a new patch that had fruited really well.  Like 20 massive weilii on top of eachother, along with several others scattered around. 

I dug a good chunk of it up, along with a few small weilii growing out of it, and took it to my house and planted it.  Unfortunately I havent seen any new growth at all from it.

RED CRAYON: Im wondering how long it took for you to see new growth out of yours?  And how well did the patch do? Large flushes? Just a couple weilii? How many times did you see new growth?

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: mastacheefa]
    #9063750 - 10/11/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

RED CRAYON: Im wondering how long it took for you to see new growth out of yours?  And how well did the patch do? Large flushes? Just a couple weilii? How many times did you see new growth?

It took about 6 months to see any growth, The flushes werent too bad but unfortunately the patch hasnt fruited in over 2 years, Im hoping its just colonizing before it appears again.

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

#9066016 - 10/12/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting.

I assumed the chunk of earth would just keep on producing weilii in a week or so like nothing ever happened to it.  The area I dug up was rather large. About 1 1/2 ft. deep, 2ft. in width either way and I got it all in 1 nice chunk.  The weilii that were in the dirt stayed alive for a few days before I had to pick them because of pest.

I wonder why transplanting such a large chunk of dirt would stunt new growth.  The spot where I got the patch has seen several new weilii since then.  So it at least seems to be doing fine.

Would you recommend adding anything to the soil? Such as some kind of nutrient?  Might be why yours only flushed a few times then quit.

Offlinefunkmob
Fun Guy

Loc: weiliitown, usa
    #9070788 - 10/13/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hello all:

I encountered a couple new faces at my favorite spot recently to find that all fruits had been taken- but what was worse is that the pickers had not used scissors or a knife to harvest them. 

We can share the spot- that's fine, but PLEASE use scissors to cut out the adults, and leave the pinners to develop so we can get multiple harvests from one rain. Also, now that you know we are sharing the spot, please make an effort to not take all of them. Thanks.

I urge all pickers to practice the same cutting technique, because you're just screwing yourself, the mycelium and everyone else if you don't. Happy Hunting!

OfflineScrappy
I like turtles.
Female

Loc: Outback
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread *DELETED* [Re: funkmob]
    #9070965 - 10/13/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Scrappy

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
I like turtles and black cock.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: funkmob]
    #9071378 - 10/13/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

funkmob said:
Hello all:

I encountered a couple new faces at my favorite spot recently to find that all fruits had been taken- but what was worse is that the pickers had not used scissors or a knife to harvest them. 

We can share the spot- that's fine, but PLEASE use scissors to cut out the adults, and leave the pinners to develop so we can get multiple harvests from one rain. Also, now that you know we are sharing the spot, please make an effort to not take all of them. Thanks.

I urge all pickers to practice the same cutting technique, because you're just screwing yourself, the mycelium and everyone else if you don't. Happy Hunting!

Cutting doesn't help at all, ive read that after you cut a mushroom the base is still in the ground.

The base will rot and start to rot the mycelium, its better to pull and twist at the same time, like when harvesting indoor mushrooms.

When you pull a mushroom up it creates a hole in the ground, this hole will soon fill in with mycelium and produce more fruits than before. Mushrooms like weilii thrive on destruction if that makes sense, read or watch(youtube)sum paul stamets material. He'll help you understand how strong mycelium really is.

Mushrooms such as Psilocybe cyanescens, are better to cut. The reason for this is that they grow in woodchips so pulling them up would pull a ton of the substrate and myc up. Not just a little myc like when you pull up weilii.

Weilii grow on wood to, there a lignicalous species, but the wood they grow on is buried underneath the soil. This is why weilii are usually found in areas that have been disturbed, when construction is done it puts tons of small pieces of wood into the soil, just look at any new neighborhood being built you can see the areas that have been cleared and all the dead trees before they clear them away.

So morel of the story is, you dont need scissors to pick weilii.

I have been picking one patch for 4 years, pulling all the ones i found. The patch has gotten alot bigger than when i first started to pick there.

I dont know why there are no weilii fruiting right now, i have found tons of dead specimens but no new growth. I think they temps might have put them in shock, but i dont know for sure.

Usually by this time in October i have made sum massive finds, but not this year for sum reason.

Edited by weiliiiiiii (10/13/08 02:49 PM)

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
    #9071399 - 10/13/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

^ what he said.

--------------------

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: Scrappy]
    #9071437 - 10/13/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Scrappy said:
WAY TO OVERHARVEST!!! You all really are doing a really great job raping the Weilii out there. My fears look to be confirmed. You would think with the collective intelligence gathered here we would have ways of encouraging the natural growth and spread / existence of Weilii rather than raping it out of existence and risk making it another endangered species.

The funny thing is, by picking the weilii, we are encouraging natural growth and helping to spread their existence.  When you pick a mushroom  , millions of spores go flying through the air.  And besides, there are way more patches and weilii out there than our being picked.  I doubt weilii hunters harvest 1% of the total population that is out there.

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
    #9071541 - 10/13/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing on my end. It's a bit disappointing, I was expecting a large flush after the rain we got. Still hoping for some to pop up in the next few days.

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #9071641 - 10/13/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I doubt weilii hunters harvest 1% of the total population that is out there.

More like .001%, if that.

Offlinefunkmob
Fun Guy

Loc: weiliitown, usa
    #9072255 - 10/13/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
Quote:

funkmob said:
Hello all:

Cutting doesn't help at all, ive read that after you cut a mushroom the base is still in the ground.

The base will rot and start to rot the mycelium, its better to pull and twist at the same time, like when harvesting indoor mushrooms.

When you pull a mushroom up it creates a hole in the ground, this hole will soon fill in with mycelium and produce more fruits than before. Mushrooms like weilii thrive on destruction if that makes sense, read or watch(youtube)sum paul stamets material. He'll help you understand how strong mycelium really is.

Mushrooms such as Psilocybe cyanescens, are better to cut. The reason for this is that they grow in woodchips so pulling them up would pull a ton of the substrate and myc up. Not just a little myc like when you pull up weilii.

Weilii grow on wood to, there a lignicalous species, but the wood they grow on is buried underneath the soil. This is why weilii are usually found in areas that have been disturbed, when construction is done it puts tons of small pieces of wood into the soil, just look at any new neighborhood being built you can see the areas that have been cleared and all the dead trees before they clear them away.

I have been picking one patch for 4 years, pulling all the ones i found. The patch has gotten alot bigger than when i first started to pick there.

I dont know why there are no weilii fruiting right now, i have found tons of dead specimens but no new growth. I think they temps might have put them in shock, but i dont know for sure.

Usually by this time in October i have made sum massive finds, but not this year for sum reason.

I've tested the theory many, many times.  When you cut the base of the adult from a cluster, the pinners at the bottom will blossom into adulthood if given adequate moisture, as is such at the irrigated lawn I was speaking of.  This allows for there to be at least one more harvest to be had, usually two at the spot I am talking about.  When you rip a cluster out of the ground, there will be no more growth from that spot until the next flush.  I am talking about days, not weeks later.

Offlinesprout70
Loving, Learning, and Growing
 User Gallery

Loc: NWGA
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9072270 - 10/13/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

10/12/2008, Chereokee Ga.

--------------------
Ain't talkin', just walkin'Through the world mysterious and vague
Heart burnin', still yearnin' Walkin' through the cities of the plague. Well, the whole world is filled with speculation
The whole wide world which people say is round They will tear your mind away from contemplation They will jump on your misfortune when you're down Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Eatin' hog eyed grease in a hog eyed town. Heart burnin', still yearnin' Some day you'll be glad to have me around. B.Dylan

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: sprout70]
    #9072296 - 10/13/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

LOL at the turtles screwing.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #9072661 - 10/13/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

All the leaves are making it near impossible to find any mushrooms :frown:

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: funkmob]
    #9072667 - 10/13/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

funkmob said:
Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
Quote:

funkmob said:
Hello all:

I've tested the theory many, many times.  When you cut the base of the adult from a cluster, the pinners at the bottom will blossom into adulthood if given adequate moisture, as is such at the irrigated lawn I was speaking of.  This allows for there to be at least one more harvest to be had, usually two at the spot I am talking about.  When you rip a cluster out of the ground, there will be no more growth from that spot until the next flush.  I am talking about days, not weeks later.

I am talkin about overnight.

If you see a cluster you can take the mature ones by pulling without harming the pins, I do this all the time and there are other shroomerites I hunt with who know this and do it to so hopefully they will cum forward on the subject.

If thats what works for you then just do that.

The whole purpose of this forum is to SHARE knowledge we have gained from the many sources knowledge is gained from.

WE have both shared methods that work for us and others we know, so its really up to your picking style, i would be a dick to try to convince you of methods I use and you would be the same (dick) for the same reason.

Ill give you one thing, you have inspired me to make a youtube video of this, i will film myself(actually just my hand :hehehe:)harvesting sum mature specimens off of a cluster by pulling, then make one the next morning of the rest full grown or almost there.

Not to prove anything just to show a style of picking that is good for weilii when your in somebodies yard or in a business park, its quick and you dont carry anything that looks like a small knife.

People see a 6'2 guy with sum scissors and long as hair and they freak out, call the local terrorist task force to check it out.

Damn dude gotta go!!!                  Kill the hippie
:runaway:                                      :machinegun:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Summer/Fall 2008 Weilii Thread [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #9072714 - 10/13/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
All the leaves are making it near impossible to find any mushrooms :frown:

Yea i know what you mean, grass is starting to die as well and turn brown. Now i have to start turning leaves over all the time, this is when it gets difficult.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract