Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Loc: My name is God so there f...
WOW WTF?????
    #865308 - 09/05/02 11:38 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

First off not sure where to post this but this is the only forum I like to post in for real thoughts... Anyway last night my friend and his other "friend" picked some aborts off a casing. It was wieghted out and was about 24 grams (wet). They took it chopped and smashed it up in the bottom a pot added some water and boiled for 10 min. Then "they" split it in to 2 glasses and downed it. They though with only having 24 grams (wet) and with it being aborts they might get a slight body buzz and that was it. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! No joke 15min later shit was moving and 20 min well things were just straight out of control to the extreme. It was like that for about two hours then as quickly as it came it went. So "they" were wondering has anybody else experinced this???? With me it's always a build up then peak and last 5 or so hours but this was just insanity right away and lasted for only two hours. Just seems a little wierd but extremely strong. Any thoughts?

--------------------
Ahh what the hell am I talking about? I just like to make up stories. In short, I'm full of Sh$t!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: Maveric2112]
    #865312 - 09/05/02 11:42 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Moving to general questions.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
    #865320 - 09/05/02 11:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I suspect the reason your trip was so wierd is because you made tea. My friend and I split some tea once with 1/8 oz of fairly weak shrooms. They came on fast and maddeningly strong, then after an hour or so, just puttered out completely.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #865496 - 09/05/02 02:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes mushrooms tooken through a liquid is usually absorbed much faster than the "meat" of the mushroom.

Also aborts are very potent too :smile: I bet you lost some potency in the boiling though, imagin taking them raw....yummy :shocked:

Fd 

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: Fd3000]
    #865531 - 09/05/02 02:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

it because you made tea... any type of substance like OJ do the same thing...

once i made 4.5 g shroom juice (first time with juice) and the trip came on so fast it i couldnt believe it. I like to just chill and get to know every effect the shrooms have with time.. there are many stages of the trip and when taking juice they go by so fast you dont get to know the true effect... that night i have never tripped so hard in my life... and the stomache pains were hurrendous from the juice... i could barely walk.. luckily i was able to keep myself from puking cuz i felt the need to many times that night... i experienced ego loss.. i barerly remember it but it was very very strange... then after about an hour and a half i came back to reality i went to the bathroom and everything looked so strange, i would just sit there and stare at stuff literally trying to figure out what they were for... i would look at the toilet and i could only recognize it as something i used but i couldnt identify what the actual use of it was.. its hard to explain and you wont understand it until you experience it...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

#865561 - 09/05/02 02:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've had similar experiences just through eating normal shrooms. I had a trip one start after about 10-15 minutes, peak at around an hour, and then come down over the next hour or so. Only reason I could find was that I hadn't eaten for a while prior.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #865583 - 09/05/02 03:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Definately the Tea :smile: 24 wet grams of Abhorts can be very strong, simply because abhorts are flavor packed with potency.

I've personally always thought that Tea trips are brought on fast and for the 1st hr or so you get pretty high, but then you come down rather quickly.

My theory is that I believe its psilocybin gets broken down into psilocyn if heated to a certain point, and that maybe what drinking tea does is remove a lot of the ingredient that keeps your trip long and strong... Simply put each active ingredient to magic mushrooms has their role to play, all of which are not fully understood, so it makes sense to me that Tea breaks down the stuff that really makes you trip long and hard.

I'd love to hear what mjshroomer says about that, being that he knows about 10 million times more about this than me :smile:

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: Thor]
    #866320 - 09/06/02 12:33 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I disagree with it definitely being the tea. I ate some aborts and had the same effect (without the onset) - that is they did not last that long

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: Thor]
    #866376 - 09/06/02 03:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

My guess is that the body takes more time to digest and absorb the magic from fruit bodies than from tea. If there was less magic in the aborts, but it got absorbed quickly, the effects would seem strong, but short lived. My observations of aborts (subjective) seem to indicate that they don't really have a lot of magic in them until after the first flush. Net gossip would have us believe that all aborts are super strong, but this has not been my experience.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Loc: My name is God so there f...
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: Seuss]
    #867034 - 09/06/02 11:13 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well whether it be because they were aborts or it be the tea. I WAS FUCKED UP :grin:

--------------------
Ahh what the hell am I talking about? I just like to make up stories. In short, I'm full of Sh$t!!!!!!

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Loc: always movin'
    #867797 - 09/06/02 08:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that consuming shrooms in liquid form produces a much faster onset of effects.  I know a guy who made "shroom liquor" before by placing powdered, dry abhorts into a small bottle of grain alcohol, every time he got them.  After several weeks of doing this the liquid was strained and found to be VERY STRONG.  Oh sweet Jesus, ...that is all I have to say.  The remainder of that bottle and it's contents sits on a shelf until I can muster the will to subject myself to that again.  Let's just say that it comes on like a ton of bricks...and yes, the trip also seems to be shorter in duration  :laugh:

--------------------
** Everything written here is a lie **

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
    #870322 - 09/08/02 08:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This will make it really simple..

The fact that the trip comes on strong in liquid form is the same as liquid geltab advil and pain killers.

Like any drug or medicine, it goes either into your lungs, veins, or stomach, in our case, its the stomach.
Take something like alka-seltzer and toss it into a glass of water as is... Then take the same thing, crush it with a mortar and pestle, into a very fine powder.
Take the powder, and toss it into a glass of the same properties, it will fizz over.

Its cause when its whole, it has to dissolve the outer layer first, then the next layer, and next, etc.
When it's a powder, it has more surface area and is dissolved way faster.

Same thing with shrooms, whether its carpophores or shroom tea, the carpophore is like the whole tablet, the tea is like the powder.
More surface area means faster acting.

And besides, abhorts are extremely potent compared to normal mushrooms.

You should try surfing on shrooms.

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: WOW WTF????? [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #873464 - 09/10/02 01:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That being said I am skeptical that the liquid causes the trip to be less long, atleast in the context of aborts.

And contrary to what anybody thinks might be a net rumour, aborts most definitely are very potent. It stands to reason of course. They are young shrooms, the defense mechanism is the psilocybin, of course the fungi would protect its babies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience