Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Paul Stamets, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Absolute Newb... Grow setup proposal
    #865307 - 09/05/02 11:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Heya all!

I was wondering if I could get some advice on my proposed setup.  I've been lurking for a long time.  I am an absolute newb to shrooms, and growing shrooms.  I have been cultivating cannabis for some time now.

I was thinking of using a filing cabinet for my "stealth" portion of the grow.  Each drawer is big enough to hold a fifteen gallon aquarium, and has a total of two drawers.  The filing cabinet has a lock on it, and I can make any modifications to the cabinet to make it more conducive to growing.  (IE, ventilation, etc.)

Would this be a good place to start on my quest for a decent setup?  I want to build everything myself, and I welcome any advice or pointers to FAQs you could show me.  Thanks!  :grin:

--------------------
-Artificial Intelligence is preferable to Actual Stupidity any day.

Edited by Growbaby (09/05/02 11:40 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Loc: My name is God so there f...
Re: Absolute Newb... Grow setup proposal [Re: Growbaby]
    #865324 - 09/05/02 11:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well it could be done quite easily, if I were you start out small don't try and do multi growing yet. Check out the PF tek and start with that, you will be glad you did. I read everything in the world before I started and still had trouble starting on a large scale, it wasn't till I went small and got experince with the way cultavation worked before I could get into casings and such. As for the cabinet yeah they work. Depending on the size of it but a gollon jar, a aquarium heater, and a bubbler would work well for staring out. I would use the middle drawer to start with placing your cakes and terr with the gallon jar in it. You could cover the top of the drawer with saran wrap to hold in humidity and lower air exchange. Then when fruiting time comes you could just open the drawer and let it get some light that way. It's a little bit more complicated then that but it gives you a little idea on what your looking at and being cheap. For the most part though just read pf tek and you'll get the idea. Also go buy The Mushroom Cultivator, you will be glad you did. Good luck

--------------------
Ahh what the hell am I talking about? I just like to make up stories. In short, I'm full of Sh$t!!!!!!

OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Re: Absolute Newb... Grow setup proposal [Re: Maveric2112]
    #865368 - 09/05/02 01:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks!

I've been reading reading reading, hehe.
I was thinking of using my bottom drawer for the fruiting stage, and using the top drawer for growing the myc.

I only want to start small, and stay small. I will be the only person shrooming in the household, and its personal use only. (I want to experiment, one of my current fiction projects revolves around surrealism.) My wifey can't actually shroom, her family history would indicate that its not a good idea for her. Instead she smokes all the pot I can grow, hehe.

Well, I have ALOT to learn, and everyone here seems extremely helpful.

Thanks again!

--------------------

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Absolute Newb... Grow setup proposal [Re: Growbaby]
    #865380 - 09/05/02 01:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Growbaby,

Are you the same Growbaby from CC?? If so hey. I'm on my first grow also. Getting some Treasure Coast from Sporeworks soon.. hopefully they ship faster than Marc! I've been told they ship and it's to your door in five days if payment is credit card and ten if it's check or money order. Those drawers sound great!! I'm going to be setting mine in the box I got my 8oz Jelly Mason Jars in, and going from there.

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Re: Absolute Newb... Grow setup proposal [Re: Sammy]
    #865908 - 09/05/02 06:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yup, sammy, its me!  And I am almost done constructing my first setup, LOL!  I will post more info as I get the details complete, maybe even with pics.

I just got permission from the fiancee, so all is cool there.  LOL, I am glad we are going to get to do this together, it'll rock.

:wink:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Paul Stamets, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation