Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunitybrodel
Stranger

newbie advice from a progressing newbie
    #8648624 - 07/17/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have had several failed attempts and one succesfull grow (1 lb. wet off of 24 pf-tek cakes).  Some things I've noticed I'll tell you about.  Tell me if I'm wrong but I feel that I should contribute something considering this forum is all about helping others learn this art.

First of all - if you are brand new (i.e. - are considering starting to grow...get a pressure cooker up front - learn how to use it properly and you will thank yourself when you don't see a sea of green mold)

Second - your fruiting chamber and incubation chamber are like micro-eco systems and you are playing God or atleast you think you are.  Accept that you can't control every aspect of the grow.  Then realize the things that you can control need to be addressed before you start doing anything else.  Go look in your bathroom - do you see mold on the ceiling?  You will see that same mold in your grow if that shit is floating around your house.  Kill it with a dilute solution of bleach and water, go an extra nine yards and paint over it with mold resistant paint if you want.  Your shower curtain - is it covered in mold?  Replace  that mafker.

THere are three eco-systems involved in your grow
1.  Outside your house
2.  Inside your house
3. Inside your fruiting chamber & or incubation chamber

you can't do shit about number 1 except for growing in a season with less mold and spores and shit floating around

you can keep your house clean!  All the dirty shit in your house has potential to get into number 3!  Be proactive and prevent 2 from fucking 3 up

My theory of a good fruiting chamber:

regardless of your setup just remember that mushrooms grow in rain forests, fields...wherever.  They are subject to weather, animals, good and bad conditions - in other words:  VARIATION.  I think that by increasing lighting levels and increasing temp and decreasing it and so on (varying the lighting and temp) will mimick nature's natural variation. 

this is mostly rambling and just some conclusions I've come to recently.  I thought I'd share since I've taken alot from this forum and sharing is the backbone of this forum.  Correct me if I'm wrong about anything I said above but don't nitpick or bullshit b/c I won't give a fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: newbie advice from a progressing newbie [Re: unitybrodel]
    #8648771 - 07/17/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

unitybrodel said:
First of all - if you are brand new (i.e. - are considering starting to grow...get a pressure cooker up front - learn how to use it properly and you will thank yourself when you don't see a sea of green mold)

This is without a doubt one of the very 1st things that people need to realize :yesnod:and just earned you 5 mushrooms from me,yes they are expensive unless you get one so small that you can only PC one jar at a time,O well,get over it and cough up the money.If you plan on growing once,than don't buy one and enjoy watching trich take over everything:slitwrist:,if you plan on growing more than once and taking this hobby even half ass halfway seriously you NEED one

A pressure cooker is an INVESTMENT not an expense

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags