Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomsformike
Explorer forHuman Life
Loc: somewhere
serilite containers
    #864793 - 09/05/02 06:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey fellow shroomers, I have an easy question and please dont ask me to read the faq unless this is in there. A couple things, but my first question

After I have sterilized my jars in the old steamer(itll only hold three by the way) ad they are still scorching hot, I decided to pueach individual jar in a tiny clear plastic container with a closable lid, I also invertedd the jars, than I placed them in the fridge but I forgot about them all night, Ooops I wont be usig those except for contam observers, Damn I got sickfrom sterilizing the bathroom. So is this a good way to seal out contams at first or should I skip thi plati box thing?Also if Any becomes contamed than it is isolated until I can reach it. So how long should I leave them in the fridge?
2nd whenshould I take th damn foil and tape off te jars?

Any help is apprciated.

I hope I wake up soon from this dream and finish writing this book.

--------------------
Chief Mojo Rising
,,,where will you be when marshall law is put into effect,,,

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
Re: serilite containers [Re: shroomsformike]
    #864808 - 09/05/02 07:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

well after I pressure cook jars (way better...WELL WELL worth the money..cheep on ebay acctully.. I open up the cooker and quiclly put them in the canning jar box they came in and let them cool there for 24hrs at room temp..i heard you can put em in the frig though but id just wait the 24hrs(at room temp) myself cuz the jar will fell cool somtimes a fter a few hours but still be hot in it killing the spores...
leave the tape on them until there done colonizing..assuming your doing the pf tech in 1/2 pint jars with a ramssy seal thats what i do

Offlineeternal
Greasy Granny'sGopher GravyTaste Tester

Loc: Here? Is there any where ...
Re: serilite containers [Re: shroomsformike]
    #864849 - 09/05/02 07:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

Sounds like you have quite a process going there.

I agree with Zeph.  Getting a pressure cooker is the only way to go.  My friend has extremely good luck with the following and he had this to say;

I use a Pressure Cooker holds 12 1/2 pints.  I presssure cook for 30 min at 15psi and then I let it cool overnite in the pressure cooker.  The next day I sterilize my kitchen table which is right next to the stove.  I use the Oven Tek.  I innoculate the jars and then I wipe them down with Alcohol.  I then tape them and put them in a incubator.  I wait for 2 days and then I take the tape off.  Have not lost a single jar to contams. 

Good luck in your journy's and definatley look into getting a pressure cooker if you are planning on continuing with this hobby.

Eternal :laugh: 

--------------------
No matter where you go. There you are!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation