Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAludarie
Stranger
Wait between flushes?
    #8645655 - 07/17/08 04:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My man and I are first time mushroom cultivators and so far things are going fabulously! The Teks have been a great help so thanks to everyone involved in their creation!

Our problem is is that we have to take off for a music festival in a few weeks and its looking like our cakes will only be done their 1st or 2nd flushes by then.

What Im wondering is if anyone has any experience with storing the cakes maybe in the dark, or in the cold/warm, to delay the pinning of the next flush. If they pin/fruit while were away Im afraid theyll rot before we can make it home and pick them. Would putting the cakes in the dark keep the mycelium alive and well but maybe keep them from fruiting? And once we brought them back out into the light would they be able to fruit again?

Any advice or experiences with this would be fantastic!
Thanks guys :smile:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebahaiDOTorg
Wonderer

Re: Wait between flushes? [Re: Aludarie]
    #8645681 - 07/17/08 05:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Aludarie said:
My man and I are first time mushroom cultivators and so far things are going fabulously! The Teks have been a great help so thanks to everyone involved in their creation!

Our problem is is that we have to take off for a music festival in a few weeks and its looking like our cakes will only be done their 1st or 2nd flushes by then.

What Im wondering is if anyone has any experience with storing the cakes maybe in the dark, or in the cold/warm, to delay the pinning of the next flush. If they pin/fruit while were away Im afraid theyll rot before we can make it home and pick them. Would putting the cakes in the dark keep the mycelium alive and well but maybe keep them from fruiting? And once we brought them back out into the light would they be able to fruit again?

Any advice or experiences with this would be fantastic!
Thanks guys :smile:

Funny you should say this... I am in the exact same situation with a music festival (Shpongle!) in a few weeks and it is also my first time. Only other trouble with me is that I am also moving my apartment 2 days after this festival. I have to do a lot of thinking to make this work....

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Wait between flushes? [Re: bahaiDOTorg]
    #8645691 - 07/17/08 05:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Rinse them very well under the faucet before you leave, and then wrap the cakes individually in wax paper, and put in the refrigerator while you're gone.  When you return, rinse under the faucet again, and dunk 24 hours before returning to fruiting conditions.

An alternative is to break them up before you leave and spawn them into some cow or horse manure in a shady spot outside.  There's still plenty of time to get a flush or two outdoors.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisiblebahaiDOTorg
Wonderer

Re: Wait between flushes? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8645695 - 07/17/08 05:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
An alternative is to break them up before you leave and spawn them into some cow or horse manure in a shady spot outside.  There's still plenty of time to get a flush or two outdoors.
RR

This would solve my problem and be a great learning experience.

OfflineAludarie
Stranger
Re: Wait between flushes? [Re: bahaiDOTorg]
    #8645754 - 07/17/08 06:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the advice!!

- hehe, I'd love to try growing some outside, unfortunately the only place we could try is in the bushes in a park nearby. But kids run around that park, so we figure growing tasty looking mushrooms in the bush where some adventurous kid could easily find them probably isn't the best plan!

OfflineAludarie
Stranger
Shpongle!?!?! [Re: Aludarie]
    #8645757 - 07/17/08 07:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Which festival are you going to that gets Shpongle???!!! That's the festival that's stealing him away from Shambhala!! :shocked:
*Shakes Fist*
Lol! That's awesome though, he'd be wicked to catch live, I hope you have a great time!

InvisiblebahaiDOTorg
Wonderer

Re: Shpongle!?!?! [Re: Aludarie]
    #8645816 - 07/17/08 08:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Underground Sound 4. In pretty much a cave in southern Illinois.  Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Skazi ... :bouncysmoke:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation