Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Sadam H.. Good or Bad?
    #860217 - 09/02/02 09:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Just what is it about this guy that makes him soo bad?

Everything I know of the man as a leader in his country is good. He has been a great leader in Iraq by building roads, hospitals, schools, giving rights to citizens, built an econemy and developed agricultural programs and reduced poverty and hunger.
All in all he has been verry good for his people.

Ok so he attacks some countries in the name of makeing war, So does the US.
So he wants to have weapons of mass destruction, So does the US.
So he is developeing some verry bad things, The US already has these things, so do the Koreans and all of our other "enemies". Im sure Russia, China, India, Jappan and all other countries have these things yet were not targeting them. Why?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Sadam H.. Good or Bad? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #860506 - 09/03/02 12:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In short, he wants us dead.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: Sadam H.. Good or Bad? [Re: puscle]
    #860575 - 09/03/02 02:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thats not true... Their has been no declaration by Iraq or Sadam saying that he wants to wage war against us, nor does he want to attack us and he has never directed his people to kill Americans except for in times of war when we were the first to strike...

Im beginning to think that this thing with Iraq is more a personal oil business thing gone wrong between the Bush family and Sadam than a real concern with national security...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #860674 - 09/03/02 03:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

just the fact that you ask that question makes me question wether or not i should even take you seriously

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (09/03/02 03:30 AM)

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: Sadam H.. Good or Bad? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #860680 - 09/03/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The fact that you have no answer makes me wonder....

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #860850 - 09/03/02 05:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Basically because he's sitting on an awful lot of oil that the US wants and he won't follow our orders anymore.

The funny thing is that 15 years ago Bush and Reagan would have agreed that he was a wonderful leader - Saddam was their best buddy.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#860854 - 09/03/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil ... to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real."
- General Douglas MacArthur, speaking of large Pentagon budgets, 1957

Edited by Evolving (09/03/02 05:03 AM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #860986 - 09/03/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Saddam Hussein is no more evil than the US. So 'bad' I guess.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibletoxick
The GoodReverend, Dr.

Loc: O NE
    #861581 - 09/03/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The Bush's used to be business partners of Hussein's...according to Sherman Skolnick, anyway.

He talks about it here

Actually, there's alot of articles on his website that mention it, so look around...

--------------------
Janet Reno, if I do not go to jail, I will be in Orlando August 15 and you are not going to be elected to any damn thing. Nobody should fear our Government.
- James Traficant

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#861865 - 09/03/02 01:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

****The fact that you have no answer makes me wonder****

Which answer would you like me to give?

Funding of terrorists..proven
Murdering his own people..proven
Missle attacks on innocent isreali's..proven
Condoning the Raping and murdering of Kuwaities...proven
Offering 25K per family who homocide bombs isreali and/or american people...proven

you're sounding like these little Generation Y kids...use your head

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #862159 - 09/03/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, let's look at the american government:

Funding of terrorists..proven
Missle attacks on innocent Afghani's..proven
Condoning the murdering of Iraqis, Afghanis, vietnamese, etc...proven
American soldiers can easily make more than 25k a year...

Hussein isn't the worst guy out there. Not by a long shot, but he's in a key position for the US money-wise.

He's mistreating his citizens? Well, the solution is obviously to blow them all to kingdom come. Are we trying to teach him not to mistreat them, or how to mistreat them?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisiblePeachMan
Buster

Loc: Gotta Get Back to the Min...
Re: Sadam H.. Good or Bad? [Re: Phluck]
    #862215 - 09/03/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, but phluck, Dubya says we're the GOOD GUYS. and, c'mon, he's the president of the United States of America, the best damn country in the whole goddamn world. We're GOD'S country. and really, would the president ever LIE to us?

--------------------
Santa Claus ain't legal-- and he's around.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #862734 - 09/04/02 02:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The best thing was a TV reportage about how Saddam likes nature and fishing. He went to the riverside, pulled out a hand grenade and threw it in the water!
He's a dictator. His priority is staying in power not wellbeing of his people. I read about an arab journalist that was present when he personally ordered excecution of death penalty for his opponents that betrayed him. After the story was published a demanti came from iraqui authorities that the article was wrong. They were not punished for betraying Saddam but for thinking about betrayal.  :smile:

I don't know why USA don't like him anymore. He could be an important allie against ICC, banning of land mines, Kyotto agreement and similar useless things.  :grin: 

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#864091 - 09/04/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

****Funding of terrorists..proven****

To kill innocent people...i don't think so

****Missle attacks on innocent Afghani's..proven****

give me one example where innocent afgans were directly targeted as an objective

****Condoning the murdering of Iraqis, Afghanis, vietnamese, etc...proven*****

War is war i guess..but you forget one thing..we don't target innocent people..the cowards do

****American soldiers can easily make more than 25k a year...***

so all soldiers are terrorists? Typical...they're the ones who protect you because there are too many like you who would rather suckle off the freedom that is provided by them...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #864278 - 09/04/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

give me one example where innocent afgans were directly targeted as an objective

Yep, just before those cluster bombs and daisy cutters were dropped from 15,000 feet the US carried out interviews of everyone on the ground to ensure they were members of Osama's group.

War is war i guess..but you forget one thing..we don't target innocent people..the cowards do

Well there's 600,000 iraqi kids under 5 lying slaughtered in Iraq. With 5000 more dying every month thanks to your sanctions. What is their guilt? Or are they guilty for being born?

oh, and if we're talking about cowards lets talk about US pilots making two passes to bomb a goatherder in a deserted valley. They sound like real studs...

"Six other children died not far away on January 25, last year. An American missile hit Al Jumohria, a street in a poor residential area. Sixty-three people were injured, a number of them badly burned. "Collateral damage," said the Department of Defence in Washington. Britain and the United States are still bombing Iraq almost every day: it is the longest Anglo-American bombing campaign since the second world war, yet, with honourable exceptions, very little appears about it in the British media. Conducted under the cover of "no fly zones", which have no basis in international law, the aircraft, according to Tony Blair, are "performing vital humanitarian tasks". The ministry of defence in London has a line about "taking robust action to protect pilots" from Iraqi attacks - yet an internal UN Security Sector report says that, in one five-month period, 41 per cent of the victims were civilians in civilian targets: villages, fishing jetties, farmland and vast, treeless valleys where sheep graze. A shepherd, his father, his four children and his sheep were killed by a British or American aircraft, which made two passes at them. I stood in the cemetery where the children are buried and their mother shouted, "I want to speak to the pilot who did this"

http://pilger.carlton.com/print/19197

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#864319 - 09/04/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, I wish I'd read your reply before I was at the library today. I read a quote by some US general during the second world war. He was talking about how this was war against the Japanese, not just their army, but the citizens as well.

I did, however, write down this quote.
"A dream came true last week for US army aviators; they got their chance to loose avalanches of fire bombs on Tokyo and Nogoya, and they proved that properly kindled, Japanese cities burn like autumn leaves." -Time, March 1945

Face it, bombing innocent civillians isn't just for the "cowards". The US and other countries have been using it as a demoralizing tactic since the second world war.

President Reagan later orchestrated bombings in Libya. Many, many civillians were killed.

"We weren't out to kill anybody." -Reagan

So what were the bombs for?

Then in Iraq, bombs were dropped all over Bagdhad. Did innocent civillians die? You betcha, about 100,000 of them.

Just because the US government says they aren't out to kill civilians, or even if they aren't trying directly to kill civilians, they know it's going to happen. When you drop bombs in the middle of a city, whether they're on a weapons factory, or a nursery school, it doesn't matter, even YOU would be able to tell me that innocent civillians are going to die.

When it comes down to it, what's the difference between killing civillians, and stating that as your intent, and killing civillians, and then saying you didn't mean to? Isn't it really just the exact same crime?

Don't try and tell me the US isn't targeting innocent people. Sure, they aren't going to go out and tell the media "Well, we're doing a bang up job of killing those innocent children!".

They've done it in every other conflict they've been in since the '40s, you have to be bloody retarded to think that they've magically changed their tactics in the past few years.

Soldiers... terrorists... Could you please explain the difference to me? They're both groups trying to reach a political goal using violence. Don't try to tell me "terrorists are the ones that kill innocents", because there are terrorists that go after military targets, and there are soldiers that go after civillian targets.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
    #864449 - 09/04/02 08:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't exactly read all your replies but I'd have to say.. I dunno.. the testing of various chemical agents on his own civilians and the murder of those who oppose him might make him just a little but naughty.. just enough for a time out don't you think??

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Sadam H.. Good or Bad? [Re: Sammy]
    #864493 - 09/04/02 09:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Uh... the US has never tested anything on unwilling civillians? Everything from LSD to high levels of radiation.

Soldiers get it even worse, they been subjected to all sorts of chemical weapons in the name of science.

It's a little hard to find decent links about actual incidents because lots of silly conspiracy sites pop up when I search, but I know I've seen a few documentaries about specific radiation testing incidents and other things. Maybe someone else knows what to look for, I'll try and get some decent links tommorow.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #864521 - 09/04/02 09:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Soldiers... terrorists... Could you please explain the difference to me? They're both groups trying to reach a political goal using violence. Don't try to tell me "terrorists are the ones that kill innocents", because there are terrorists that go after military targets, and there are soldiers that go after civillian targets.

Soldiers are acting under orders from governments and generally fight battles and wars. Terrorists generally attack civilian populations and marginal targets with high populations in an effort to induce terror and kill people unrelated to the reason for the attack.

Timothy McVeigh is a good example. Under Janet Reno's orders gov stormtroopers burned 70 people to death. Timothy McVeigh decided that for revenge he'll blow up a federal courthouse including a day care center. Never mind that the court house didn't order the Waco church burned with 70 people inside, by golly they were feds and guilty by association. I think that's a good example of the terrorist mindset.

It's true some folk considered terrorists attack military outposts and targets. These folks are really guerilla fighters and not terrorists no matter what the mass media or gov calls them. And there is a big difference between a guerilla and a terrorist. When the Cole was sunk in the dock for instance is a good example of this. The mass media calls them terrorists but they were a military unit that carried out a successful attack on another military target. This makes them guerillas. I think it's only because of the mass media and gov calling all non-state sponsored enemies terrorists that this confusion arises.

Now, state sponsored terrorism is a discussion for another day...

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

#864553 - 09/04/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>>>>>Uh... the US has never tested anything on unwilling civillians? Everything from LSD to high levels of radiation.<<<<<

Dont forget about the blacks... I think it was Hepatitis, The government set up free immunization clinics in poor black neighborhoods and injectec several thousand black men with hepatitis (I think thats what it was) just to see how fast it could possibly kill and spread in the population....

Im sure someone has heard of this, its pretty well known..

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom