Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics?
    #8640181 - 07/15/08 10:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

its been a while since I last posted on the shroomery, but since then I have had about 12 more trips with shrooms, and I have lately been noticing minor CEV type things when I close my eyes. my last trip was a strong level 4 (accidentally ingested copes with my cubes) and i hadnt noticed them before that but the weird thing is that I hadnt really payed them much attention until a little over a week after the trip. is this normal? I realize that HPPD is only HPPD when the visual distortions negatively effect a persons life, but I really do not to be stuck with visual distortions for half a year or longer. how common are risidual visual effects (such as tracers or CEVs) after psychedelic use (not just HPPD) how long do these last? if this is uncommon or is likely to last longer then a few weeks, will it get worse with continued psychedelic use? can I at least take MDMA occasionally? sorry for all the questions, but I am having a hard time finding this imformation elsewhere.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: cd56]
    #8640250 - 07/15/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It all depends on person, and unfortunately there's only so much anyone can tell you.

I've had open and closed eye visuals for about five months, during which time I haven't tripped at all. It lessens with time, disappears when I'm concentrating on something, and if I went long enough drug free would presumably go away.

If you only get the visuals with your eyes closed, then it's unlikely this will last very long, but it's impossible to tell. In a large number of cases, tripping more doesn't actually make HPPD worse, except maybe for a week or two after tripping.

MDMA also has been known to make HPPD worse, but not significantly, and this is in cases far more severe than what you're describing. It really doesn't sound like you need to worry, especially when you take into account that plenty of people who have never tripped have closed eye visuals.

A good way to gauge the severity of your HPPD is to totally clear your system of drugs, which means at least a month with no substances whatsoever.

I really can't stress enough that you needn't worry. I've had days when writing and symbols appeared on my jeans at random times and been perfectly able to function. Soon enough, between the visuals fading and you getting used to them you'll be just fine.

Given the minor nature of what you're seeing, and the fact that it's from mushrooms and not LSD or an RC, I would say you will most likely be totally back to normal within 10 days, but I'd still recommend going clear of drugs at least for a bit.

HPPD is actually something I enjoy, and has only ever been negative in my experience in the aftermath of a bad trip. I see it like a lingering of your last trip, so if it's a good one you'll feel great a lot of the time, and if it's a bad one you'll find your HPPD will be coupled with anxiety.

I think what you're describing is very normal, and probably a lot of people here have been through it, so don't worry.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #8640312 - 07/15/08 10:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Aw did you open a door you cant close?
Little to far down the rabbit hole?
1 Toke over the line?

Ha ha just playing visuals are normal after shrooms for a few weeks its probably you already seen but never really noticed.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #8640384 - 07/15/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the reply! I actually hadnt even considered HPPD until I stumbled across erowid HPPD page and then that HPPDonline website, which really has some unpleasant and scary sounding stories of people having LSD like visuals for years after tripping, not somthing I particularly want to have...so does HPPD get worse, or once u have it it stays how it is (basically, do u wake up after one trip and just have it or does is grow with continued use)
? does everyone get residual visual effects from using psychedelics enough? say, someone like alexander shulgin? hah :P

Edited by cd56 (07/15/08 10:58 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #8640393 - 07/15/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Having CEVs doesn't qualify as HPPD in my opinion.

It sounds like you've never noticed them before, but everybody has CEVs. The soberest judge sees wacky shit when he closes his eyes for a while, though he's probably conditioned himself to ignore it.

Psychedelic drugs acquaints you with CEVs at their most spectacular and colorful and well-lit. Once you've come down it's easy to notice they're still there, albeit not as well-lit.

Unless you really have a negative feeling about tripping anymore, I wouldn't take this as a sign to stop.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8640416 - 07/15/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

no, I would actually be very disappointed to have to stop tripping, but I would rather make that sacrifice then end up like the 15 year permafried
horror stories on that website I mentioned earlier >.<

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8640432 - 07/15/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

^I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if 98% of the horror stories on that site are made up by prohibitionists.

--------------------

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8640445 - 07/15/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It depends on how much I take and if I mix substances. Like last weekend I hippieflipped two days in a row on friday. Then again on saturday. I still have visual distortions.

Dont stop trippin. I cant believe what the world would be like without less trippin people :eek:

OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Dephect]
    #8641584 - 07/16/08 08:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I Found E to have some crazy visuals for a few days. I remember back when I was doing it the next day if I smoked some good weed I'd get some crazy visuals and a over all feeling of well being lol. It was like getting ripped off if I didn't get the few days of after glow after it.

Do you smoke weed? I find smoking weed after taking shrooms or other things that you will get more visuals then you are used too getting.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #8642266 - 07/16/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

not much of a pot smoker, just don't find it interesting enough I guess

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8642311 - 07/16/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

tee hee my mother called me the other day on very seriously was like OMG i read on CNN that drugs cause... HPPD!!!! and oh my dread FLASH BACK and spiders will attack me while im driving.

it was funny i dunno about the rest of you but HPPD is a thing of the past for me tho i can willing see trails and stuff.

i dunno about you guys too as far as flash backs go sometimes im sitting an i get deja vu or realize im in a dream

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#8642334 - 07/16/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HPPDonline website

Bad! I don't want to sound nasty here, but most of the people on that website seem to be people who quite frankly shouldn't have gone near psychedelics to begin with, had no idea what they were doing, and upon getting residual effects decided their lives were ruined.

I'll be the first to admit that in some cases HPPD can mess up lives, but I think in most cases 90% of the problem is anxiety, which just isn't necessary.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

#8642410 - 07/16/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so basically post trip visuals are fairly common, but the people who can't handle them don't  get over them or freak out and that's when it becomes a disorder (HPPD)...they make it seem impossible to live with it is what worried me, but if its common to have those visual disturbances then most people seem to be doing just fine

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#8642427 - 07/16/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

In most cases, it fades or lessens to the point of not being an issue, but obviously it can be more extreme. Luckily this is not so in your case.

Like I said, a lot of the time anxiety feeds the problem and makes it bigger than it should be, but equally, having full blown visuals constantly can make it difficult to function normally.

Some CEVs a few weeks after a trip is nothing to be concerned about. When you're seeing faces in the sky after not tripping for months, then you might have a problem.

--------------------

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

#8642559 - 07/16/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

afoaf can get pretty strong static at times, but it's never disruptive to his everyday operation. That said, seeing a clear, static-free sky again would be pretty cool.

Why not just stop for a month or two and see how things go? No reason you can't just trip later...

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Ophanim]
    #8642613 - 07/16/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That's a completely normal response.

You're going far; you've figured out that the fabrication of reality is truly a subjective interpretation.

I'd say for you to continue doing what you're doing unless, of course, you feel that it will impair you someway negatively in the future.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Feanor]
    #8642700 - 07/16/08 01:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

my visuals have def. lessened but i still get tracers/floaters frequently and lights tend to pixelate under heavy grass smoking but it never bothers me.  ive had a floater (its a squiggle, kind of looks like a worm that crawls around heh) in my right eye for well over a year now and i have gone 6-8 months in between trips at times and it has always stayed.  if i get a lot more i may quit tripping because i don't want my vision to be any worse than what it is and the squiggle/floater can cause distortion in my vision very easily, i don't know what i would do with 10 floaters heh.

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: smokeybear]
    #8642856 - 07/16/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

some additional information I forgot to add is that I have been sober for 3 weeks, and the visuals I get are similar to the ones I get at the beggining of a shroom trip, a color band almost like a rainbow that is not very "well lit" (it is usually fairly faint) that streaks across my closed eyes...the reason I am concerned is because it makes it difficult to sleep, and about two weeks ago (sober 1 week) all I would get was a faint purple color blob that would shrink and move down my field of vision...I would prefer to have a relatively plain closed eye field of vision when I try to sleep :P

OfflineLethal Dose
Neuro
Male

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
    #8642924 - 07/16/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Your eyes play tricks on you all the time, whether you do psychedelics or not.

Seeing as how you aren't hallucinating anything too intense, I'd say, if anything, shrooms have just made you more aware of CEVs, etc that you already had to begin with.

--------------------
On the scale of wibble to wobble...

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Lethal Dose]
    #8643303 - 07/16/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i love LSDsox

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
    #8643554 - 07/16/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

smokeybear said:
ive had a floater (its a squiggle, kind of looks like a worm that crawls around heh) in my right eye for well over a year now and i have gone 6-8 months in between trips at times and it has always stayed.

Erm, tripping isn't the sole cause of seeing floaters, if it even causes it at all. I've seen floaters since I was five or six years old, and I *definitely* wasn't on any drugs at the time. Just don't pay attention to them and they won't cause a problem. Lots of people have floaters who've never used substances. Talk to an optometrist, they'll give you better information.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: NineStorms]
    #8643582 - 07/16/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ha ha i saw stuff way beyond floaters when i was younger its neat when i astral project people tell me they eaither see me in person,shiva or one of those white orbs people tend to see but the difference is mine have the feeling of me and you totally know thats me but... to others i think it causes them great shock

--------------------

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: thedudenj]
    #8643947 - 07/16/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hmm..well I am fairly positive I have never seen these closed eye visuals before, they are deffinately in color and when I press on my eyes to induce phosphenes, they are colored instead of black and white...that part is kinda cool actually..another thing to add is that I was taking a SAM-e supliment for about 2 weeks, but after reading it can increase serotonin levels enough to possibly cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with other serotonergic drugs (MDMA?), I stopped taking that, about 4 days ago

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #8643958 - 07/16/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The mind seems to have many
seemingly "particle effects"
Where much of it is evident during
tripping but some can also include
twitching, clearing of the throat
and tapping your toes unknowingly

Some of these particles seem like
mythical faeries and others like
dust mites however each has the potential
to cloud your vision, and sufferings
of the mind and/or body can ensue.

I find it best to sweep airborn and ground forms of particles, however
I think I'll keep some faeries and
dustmites present to boost the immune system.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineBonzaisushi
Stranger

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8644041 - 07/16/08 06:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

am i the only one that enjoys seeing this stuff regularly?

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: Bonzaisushi]
    #8644064 - 07/16/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i think they are ok but I can't sleep easily

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #8644213 - 07/16/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I havn't tripped since Feb. and I still get objects moving from side to side big/small. but idk, i'm thinkin i'll try again and see what happens.

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: NineStorms]
    #8646542 - 07/17/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NineStorms said:
Quote:

smokeybear said:
ive had a floater (its a squiggle, kind of looks like a worm that crawls around heh) in my right eye for well over a year now and i have gone 6-8 months in between trips at times and it has always stayed.

Erm, tripping isn't the sole cause of seeing floaters, if it even causes it at all. I've seen floaters since I was five or six years old, and I *definitely* wasn't on any drugs at the time. Just don't pay attention to them and they won't cause a problem. Lots of people have floaters who've never used substances. Talk to an optometrist, they'll give you better information.

i had no floaters when i was a child and even up to my first few hits of lsd and 3.5g mushroom trips, but i did about 25mg 2ci via insufalation and i am almost 100% positive thats where it came from.  its been a little over a year since i did the 2ci and i had not had the floater until that time.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8646556 - 07/17/08 11:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

^Do you know what floaters are? They're cells and deposits. They aren't visual artifacts, they're physical things. Psychedelics didn't make deposits appear in your eye.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8646644 - 07/17/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

if you drop acid on your eye psychedelics will be deposited in your eye, i dunno how long they will stay there but that is the act of doing so

--------------------

Offlinecd56
Shroom-O-Phile
Male User Gallery

#8646738 - 07/17/08 12:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hahaha..thats true

OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery

#8646924 - 07/17/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The trails you see are eye worms. they crawl up into your brain and eat away at it. Then you shit yourself and die in the most degrading way.

Offlinenotorius gib
naturalist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland Oregon
    #8647058 - 07/17/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you'll be good man. oev's and cev's when not tripping sound like a freebie to me:crazy2:  a few weeks ago i did lsd three times within two weeks. no hppd for me. i usually space my trips out about two months tho so i don't have to worry about shit like that. errbody is different tho.

--------------------
I'd rather be a human than a person

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
Loc: Seattle
Re: is this a sign to stop? do I quit psychedelics? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8647268 - 07/17/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
^Do you know what floaters are? They're cells and deposits. They aren't visual artifacts, they're physical things. Psychedelics didn't make deposits appear in your eye.

I have these too! I've been noticing them more and more lately, and I'm glad to know that others have them too. Does anyone have more info. on this? Like, can you fix it? Does it get worse? If psychedelics don't cause it what does?

--------------------
...I got nothin..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder