Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDolceRequiem
Illegitimate son
Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek
    #863931 - 09/04/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yo, this has gone on long enough. I see all these people who won't help others build hydrapods by giving them vendors of component "out of respect for the creator" and I see Mycotek consisting balking in doing the same. Am I the only one here who sees that this "pod" is just a homemade hydroponic device with a pretty dome. I mean, its made from completely storebought parts, could be assembled within an hour (given the possession of the cloche and all) and yet some people have the gall to charg 170 bucks for it while still others lack the brains to resist. Ridiculous.
Here's what I propose we do. Everyone who owns one, spill the construction to us. We already know that the large style cloches (even though you don't need a cloche for it to work) can be obtained at http://www.haxnicks.com/victorian_bells.asp while most of the other parts like geolite, adjustable aquarium water pumps, and tubing are readily availible. As I see it the only two difficult pieces left in making a Completely identical "Hydrapod" are how to efficently seal the edges of the base with rubber or what have you, and where to obtain a 16-17" plastic basin to hold all that geolite. These are not difficult problems and with a little thought and a little teamwork those who want to save more than a hundred dollars constructing one of these things can do so. Once this is done, we'll type it up, post it up, and everyone can make one.
Now, at some point some pansy is going to say "What about the inventor." As far as I'm concerned he's made an obscene amount of money off of doing practically nothing. He didn't invent the cloche, the geolite "patent pending" wicking method or whatever the fuck he claims gives the pod good moisturizing rates, he didn't invent the bubbler. Let's put an end to this nonsense and write "The Hydrapod Tek".

--------------------
The Bud, not the Beer, 'cause the Bud makes me Weiser.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: DolceRequiem]
    #863979 - 09/04/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

He built an item that sold. His $170 product will pay itself off real fast. Im not saying that you need to go that way, you can certainly do it yourself, however dont think they are the bad guys. You would do it too, and if not...you would be missing a great business oppertunity. People need to make money to live, why not make it doing something you love.

You can make an efficient grow setup however you want with local materials, nothing complicated about it. Anyone can do it, and be as unique as you want. But when you decide every other way in the universe isnt good enough for you, you want it all, and go and do it just so he doesnt make money.... That is kinda mean. Its not like cultivation can only be done with a hydra pod, or that its even the most efficient way. As far as im concerned there are already alot of teks about this on the shroomery, they just happen to be based on fish tanks, or tubs, or bowls, and not a Bucket.

OfflineIchydai
BeginnerMycologist
Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
    #863981 - 09/04/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

But it takes so much work to gather the parts, build it, and hope it works. If I had the money, I would probably buy a pod, just because the ease of doing it that way. It takes a lot of time if you dont have a fully automated system...

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
    #863985 - 09/04/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

He has a patent pending, doesnt that make building the exact same thing illegal or am I way off base here?

As for construction, you figure it out. You dont need a pod to know how it works, its fairly simple!

Good luck,
Fd :mad: 

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
    #863989 - 09/04/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

okay lets recap... you can get the dome at http://www.haxnicks.com/victorian_bells.asp ... two large bells for 26, whatever that L shit is, (yen?)

you can get the grow rocks, for humidity at http://www.futuregarden.com/propagation/media_lecastone.html for anywhere from 10-40 bucks... (U.S.) i would get the 10 buck one since theyre infinitely reusable....

The bottom you can just go shopping at wallmart or equivalent nursery for pots... if theyres holes in them, just fill em up with glue or silicone glue, or tape, whatever.....

Airstones, air pumps at your local fish store place...

All together i think it would cost about... 80 bucks to make two equivalents of the 'hydra-pod'.... Oh yea, not including shipping either.. shipping hydrokorrel grow rocks is expensive.. i got a 50 lbs bag from future garden a few years ago for my hydroponics growing, only costed like 60 bucks for the product, but another 60 for shipping....

Try to find all the products around your home.. save on shipping, but i don't know of any other place that sells the domes...

just fill bottom with water, place airstone in, fill will hydrokorrel rocks untill about an inch flush with the container, turn on the pump and toss the lid on it...

I don't know what else is in the hydra-pod setup, but if you put two holes near the bottom for the c02 to escape, you get constant air exchange, high humidity, and its self contained....

In reply to:

He has a patent pending, doesnt that make building the exact same thing illegal or am I way off base here?

Well, yea, if its the exact same thing, but im sure theres bits and pieces that are specific to his product, like a special way of doing something, thats the only way to patent something... And if you make it youself, and don't sell it, then they can't charge you with anything... atleast i don't see the logic in it if they could..

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Edited by TripsAreForKids (09/04/02 04:25 PM)

Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Loc: Illinois
    #863998 - 09/04/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Glad to know that you think the inventor has made enough money. Also thanks for telling us that he didn't do shit to deserve it'

WHO THE FUCK MADE YOU THE JUDGE.

YOU'RE AN ASS!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineMechanicalMan
Stranger

Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #864017 - 09/04/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think Anno has posted a cheaper source for the cloche, btw. Personally, I have no interest in cake grows, so I haven't payed much attention.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
    #864099 - 09/04/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

And if you make it youself, and don't sell it, then they can't charge you with anything... atleast i don't see the logic in it if they could..

I dont think if they caught you with a mushroom cultivation setup that they would be worrying about patents :P

Edited by tak (09/04/02 05:14 PM)

OfflineDolceRequiem
Illegitimate son
    #864116 - 09/04/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

For christ's sake... First of all I never once said that Hydrapod "technology" was necessary or public domain. Nor did I say that the Hydrapod is the end all be all of cake cultivation. I just abhor his profiteering attitude towards these forums and the people who cultivate and wish to keep him from making money off of ignorant growers who are tricked by his rhetoric. If you've seen his webpage and you can cut through the commerical bullshit you'd see he's a shyster.
A few notes: not only does "patent pending" mean absolutely nothing (it means he's "trying" to get a patent, he has applied) but the fact that he hasn't got one so far proves further the mediocrity of his product. And btw Repobob, I make myself the judge, how do you like that? Or are you too spineless to stray? Go home to your suburban delights you little raver faggot.

--------------------
The Bud, not the Beer, 'cause the Bud makes me Weiser.

InvisibleShaw

#864242 - 09/04/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

By the powers invested(?) in me, declare Dolce the judge. I also declare repobob a #@!% &*#$. I origionally supported mc-man aka mycotek, for trying to come up with something different. Now that he has done everything possible to hide the "secrets", which prove it's worthless. if it was indeed that great, he would post the plans, and people would still buy from him.

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek *DELETED* [Re: Shaw]
    #864281 - 09/04/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by DERRAYLD

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #864309 - 09/04/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, now I finally have to put in my two cents.

Derrayld, you're totally talking out of your ass. You admittedly don't know the guy, you don't even know his handle! It's Mycotek, not Mycofile and the guy is a total snobbish know-it-all money grubbing asshole. I've had my dealings with him. He sucks, plain and simple. He is a very poor businessman who treats his customers like shit. For every 3 people who say something nice about him, there are ten who hate him.

If I were at all interested in fruiting pf cakes I'd do everythng in my ability to make sure he sold as few of those rip-off pods as possible by doing something along the lines of what Demitri did with the "Magic Grow Bucket". Fortunately for Mycotek, I only use pf to spawn with, and I have much beter things to do with my time than deal with taking down an asshole like him.

Mycotek is the type of vendor NOBODY needs. He deserves to be out of business.

Okay Mickey or Anno, you can lock this flaming shit thread now.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: TM]
    #864400 - 09/04/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My apologies TM I did miss-read the original post.
I thought you guys were flaming mycofile.
As far as mycotek goes, Whatever!!!
He can keep his shitty cake growing methods.
I like the poo.

I don`t want to fight, I just want to SING!!

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#864565 - 09/04/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

As I see it the only two difficult pieces left in making a Completely identical "Hydrapod" are how to efficently seal the edges of the base with rubber or what have you, and where to obtain a 16-17" plastic basin to hold all that geolite.
For a geolite basin I believe you can go to a prospector's supply like Pro Mac and get a screen, plastic or metal that fits inside of a 5 gal paint bucket.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: groingrinder]
    #864583 - 09/04/02 11:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think a good option naturally would be silicone??
Another option would be bath sealent.
It`s a water and fungus repellent sealent that they use for the edging of baths when they get installed.
Should work really well.
The basin? well that`s ust dependant on the size you need.
I think primarily once everything has been purchased and constructed the size of the bowl will be known.

InvisiblebuzzKill
Stranger
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #864666 - 09/05/02 02:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The 18" bell (US source): store.yahoo.com/seedsofchange/newsolbelclo.html

The 15" bottom (still need weather stripping): www.farmbid.com/SuperStore/SuperStore-Product.asp?ProductID=106485

One place for a 24" flexible air diffuser: www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=WON-AIR24&Category_Code=Flexible

the rest is simple.

Edited by buzzKill (09/05/02 04:26 AM)

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: tak_old]
    #864755 - 09/05/02 04:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I dont think if they caught you with a mushroom cultivation setup that they would be worrying about patents :P

Only if your growing illegal mushrooms....

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #864821 - 09/05/02 05:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What's the difference between a hydra-pod, and a terrarium with an aquarium pump bubbler, and hydrostone in the bottom?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #864887 - 09/05/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Aesthetics for the most part... hehe :grin: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrapod Construction, stop sucking up to Mycotek [Re: Fd3000]
    #864992 - 09/05/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i don't promote the theft of others idea's if you don't wanna pay $170 for a pod then don't. It's as simple as that.

Edited by psilocybinjunkie (09/05/02 07:16 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates