Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) * 4
    #8633241 - 07/14/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik

The following is a pictorial explanation of how to use the Cap-M-Quik capsule making machine to create your own mushroom capsules. This is such a simple process that you can easily learn it from the instructions included on a business card with the machine (no kidding, they come on a plastic business card that doubles as a spreader). The purpose of this tek is to show Shroomerites the simplicity and relative efficiency of
this method. I believe that many people never pursue the idea of mushroom capsules simply because they don't realize that a $20 machine can produce professional looking capsules in batches of 50 with almost no skill or dexterity required.

There are other teks on capsule making on this site. They're all great, but this one addresses a specific machine that is fairly common.

Reasons capsules rock:

1) Capsules allow easy dosing (1 capsule = .5g)
2) Capsules are easy to carry. Just get a pill bottle and go.
3) Capsules are discrete. They are visually indistinguishable from common herbal supplements.
4) Capsules allow you to use finely ground powder when a grinder is impractical (like making a drink while camping)
5) If you swallow them, there's no taste, except the burp.
6) Well mixed powder gives you equally potent capsules, so dosing is more predictable and sharing is more equitable.

Items required:

1 Cap-M-Quik Capsule Filler
1 Cap-M-Quick Tamper (sold separately...BUY IT!)
1 Coffee Grinder (required the best results)
50 Empty Capsules, Size %2200%22
Mushrooms, Totally Dried (at least 25g for full capsules)
1 Pair of latex gloves

Preparing the Mushrooms

This isn't a tek on how to dry mushrooms, so just understand that totally dry mean totally dry. Truly %22cracker dry%22 mushrooms should snap cleanly when an attempt is made to break them. That means absolutely no bending, just a clean, easy break. I use a box with desiccant to finish them off after they come out of the dehydrator just to be sure.

To make a full batch of 50 capsules, you will need at least 25g of dry mushrooms. Since there will be some spillage (it's unavoidable) it's best to have a few extra grams. Don't worry, you can get the spillage back after the capsules are done, but its almost impossible before they are sealed. If you have exactly 25g, you'll end up with underfilled capsules and leftover powder.

I strongly suggest using an electric coffee grinder to grind your mushrooms. Getting a superfine powder maximizes their absorption in the stomach and allows for the most consistently filled, professional-looking capsules.

Grind your shrooms to the finest powder possible. Don't stop grinding once they're just unrecognizable. Coffee grinders can make a powder that will often form a little cloud of suspended particles above it. Get them FINE! It's also a good idea to pulse the grinder and avoid any long stretches of running so that heat doesn't build up. Keep the powder in a sealed container until it's ready to be used to prevent humidity absorption.

There is always some powder that gets stuck in the grinder and is never recovered. If you want to minimize your waste, do large batches at once. The unrecoverable residue is about the same amount no matter how much has been ground, so the waste from one batch of 200g is a quarter of that from 4 batches of 50g.

Making Your Capsules

• Prepare a workspace. It's best to be on a desk or table where you can sit comfortably. Use a large piece of paper or something similar to catch any spills. Again, there will be spills. Put on your gloves. The reason for the gloves is that the powder will eagerly absorb moisture from your hands, creating a sticky mess. Capsules can also stick to all but the driest hands.

Ready to go!

• Put the two small spacers on the large base piece. Get them on their pegs with the taller side facing inward.

• Now put the Capsule Holder (that's the piece with all the holes) on the same two pins.

• Congratulations! You've completely assembled the machine! Now, while you're celebrating, separate the individual capsules into their long and short halves. Load the long halves into the machine, keep the short halves for later.

• Now you should have a rack of waiting capsules. Well, don't KEEP them waiting!

• There's no science to determining how much to scoop on to there - just try not to put on much more then you can fit in the capsules without compression. Spread the powder around so it completely fills all of the holes. The plastic business card is designed for this.

• Continue until all of the capsules are full, then remove and save any excess powder by using the card as a scoop. You may notice that some powder is spilling out around the capsules - that's normal and it's why we always grind a little extra. It's also why a good, easy to clean workspace is important. Your capsules should end up like this:

• Now take the %22tamper%22 that you hopefully bought and squish down all of the powder in one move.

• Wow! That sure went down far, didn't it? That last picture above is actually from pretty far into the process - the first tamp will push the powder all the way to the bottom. Here comes the fun part, scoop some more powder on there again and repeat. Continue until you can't squeeze any more in there. Press HARD if you really want to get the most in each capsule. They'll probably store longer if packed super tight, since oxygen will have a harder time penetrating the powder.

• Now, if you're confident you are done cramming shroom goodness in there, it's time to drop the holder. Rotate those two rectangular tabs 90 degrees and the holder will fall down, but still keep the capsules upright.

• Take the other halves of the capsules from earlier and cap the pills. Each capsule will snap together when you press the top half all the way down.

• Don't your 50 new capsules look awesome? Now just lift up that capsule holder and drop the capsules into something like a large bowl.

• A good amount of loose powder will come with them, so make sure the bowl is big enough to catch it. Move the bowl around with a sifting motion to shake the powder off of the pills. Collect the pills and scrape up all of the loose powder. If you are doing several batches at once, you can wait until the end to clean the powder.

These capsules store well in an ordinary pill bottle. Many common herbal supplements look very similar to these capsules. They often have an %22actual size%22 outline on the label that matches your capsules perfectly. Because of this, you should be very careful about where you put these. If someone was looking through a bag of yours and found a %22Ginkgo Biloba%22 bottle full of your own capsules, they would almost certainly think that this was a natural supplement meant to improve brain function. They would be right, just not in the way that they intended.

For long term storage, refrigeration, or even better freezing, will extend the life of these capsules. Make sure that the bottle is airtight - some people like to use a vacuum bag sealer either directly on the capsules or around the bottle before putting them in the freezer. When you retrieve the capsules from the freezer, do not shake them since they may be brittle. Also, give them plenty of time to return to room temperature before opening them. If they are at all cold, condensation can form and they'll turn soft and sticky. As a side note, never freeze fresh mushrooms. Any freezing water in the mushroom material will cause an undried mushroom's cells to rupture and you'll find a pile of black goo later on.

When using the capsules, be prepared for a bit of a wait if you swallow them whole. I've seen it take over 2 hours for the gelatin capsule to dissolve in someone's stomach. The tripper will get confused and frustrated, think they just had a joke pulled on them, and then it'll hit HARD. The delay doesn't shorten the trip, it just makes you wait for it before it will begin. I imagine drinking some fluids, especially acidic fruit juices, would be good after taking the capsules to help break down the gelatin.

The real versatility is that each capsule opens easy to give you a pre-measured, .5g amount of ultra-fine ground shroom powder that you can used in a drink or on food in any situation. I think of the capsules more as containers than ingestion devices.

I hope that this tek showed you a new option for storing and using your harvests. If you want to make your own capsules, but don't mind making your own machine, take a look at:
Cannon's Capsule Tek

And remember, the eyes eat first, so you must always give some thought to properly presenting your capsules. Here are 250 that I finished while watching LA Confidential one night. Oh yeah - this is tedious, have a movie playing!

--------------------
Check out my first ever TEK!
Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJenkins22
Mutilating_cows_4_better_poo

Loc: Fuk_U_Earth
Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: PowerOfTheCoir]
    #8633268 - 07/14/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This should be archived.  Thanx for the cap tek homie!

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: Jenkins22]
    #8633458 - 07/14/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Don't mean to invade on your thread but I have a few suggestions.  First, if you don't have, or feel like doing a lot at one time you should check out The Capsule Machine.
http://www.capsuleconnection.com/

It only does 24 at once.  I have even only filled half and just made 12.  Comes with the tamper, no additional purchase.  Also comes with a spreader card.  Lastly you can insert the tops into another included piece which allows for easy assembly and ejection.

Last suggestion would be to use the veggie caps.  Gelatin caps take forever to fully dissolve.  They turn into an oily, sticky residue.  Not to mention what they are made from.  Calf hooves and shit.  I also got some pretty bad stomach pains from the gelatins.  No pains with the veggies.  This isn't just IME.  Others who have taken both the gelatins and the veggies confirm that there is way less stomach pain with the veggies.

Again sorry to intrude on your TEK.  But I felt some of this could be useful.

EDIT:  OK I goofed.  You can purchase it together with the tamper and even empty capsules.  Not on their website though.  At least not that I could find.  I think I bought mine on Ebay for $34.95US.  Go to another site to purchase, unless you don't mind purchasing everything individually.

Edited by rick0909 (07/14/08 01:23 PM)

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: rick0909]
    #8633499 - 07/14/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i always thought of doing this as most people have
i have alrdy made .5 shroom gel capsules without the machine and that was a real bitch
wut i would really love to do is make a psilocybin extraction and then press that into pills
not capsules, pills
with a shroom stamp

--------------------

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: Coaster]
    #8633519 - 07/14/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah doing it with the machine still takes a half hour to an hour.  Depending on how much you try to stuff in them.  I have gotten some to .6g.  It would take me forever to do each capsule individually.  The pills would be sweet.

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8633939 - 07/14/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rick0909 said:
Don't mean to invade on your thread but I have a few suggestions.  First, if you don't have, or feel like doing a lot at one time you should check out The Capsule Machine.
http://www.capsuleconnection.com/

It only does 24 at once.  I have even only filled half and just made 12.  Comes with the tamper, no additional purchase.  Also comes with a spreader card.  Lastly you can insert the tops into another included piece which allows for easy assembly and ejection.

Good point, I need to put that in there. Doing any size batch other than 50 capsules on the Cap-M-Quik is a PITA. There's no way I know of to block any empty holes without interfering with the tamper. You end up just trying to be super careful with the spreader to avoid making more of a mess.

The spreader card is included with this machine too. They took the spreader card and printed the directions on it. It was definitely a spreader first though - it fits and works perfectly.

The tops in the other part do you can just sandwich them together sounds cool. It would probably save a minute and it just must look, well, cool.

Quote:

Last suggestion would be to use the veggie caps.  Gelatin caps take forever to fully dissolve.  They turn into an oily, sticky residue.  Not to mention what they are made from.  Calf hooves and shit.  I also got some pretty bad stomach pains from the gelatins.  No pains with the veggies.  This isn't just IME.  Others who have taken both the gelatins and the veggies confirm that there is way less stomach pain with the veggies.

I didn't know there. I know I saw somewhere that someone said vegitarian caps dissolve more slowly, so I just accepted that and hadn't thought about it since. But now that you pointed that out, I'm thinking to myself - how can anything take longer than the gelatin caps? I'll have to give them a shot - I'd love to solve that problem. Thanks!

Quote:

Again sorry to intrude on your TEK.  But I felt some of this could be useful.

How dare you contribute anything to the collective wisdom of this site! You know that's not what the internet is for - now go find someone you don't know and write GAY in their ratings!

Seriously, we are a community of psychedelic mycologists. Peer review and collaboration are hallmarks of legitimate scientific research, so critiques and contributions are welcomed and appreciated. THANK YOU!

Quote:

EDIT:  OK I goofed.  You can purchase it together with the tamper and even empty capsules.  Not on their website though.  At least not that I could find.  I think I bought mine on Ebay for $34.95US.  Go to another site to purchase, unless you don't mind purchasing everything individually.

"I'm the chairman of Capsule Connection LLC, makers of The Capsule Machine, and I approved this message."

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8634091 - 07/14/08 03:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have the Cap-M-Quik method and I like having capsules.    The good thing is I can carry capsules anywhere without fear of being busted.

The only thing about capsules I don't like is it seems the trip shoots straight to plateau and stays there for a shorter duration.

For me capsules = ~4-5 hour trip, no capsules = ~6-8 hour trip

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: Left Nut City]
    #8634108 - 07/14/08 04:04 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ya thats how it is with every1
cuz its almost like a delayed parachute

--------------------

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8634113 - 07/14/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I did an experiment on which capsules dissolve the fastest.  Filled them will jello powder and put into a glass of water and timed until the powder released.  I used many different methods such as hot water vs cold water, gelatin vs veggie, soda vs water, poking holes in the caps, and loosening the top part of the cap.  Should have posted my complete test so people here could refer to it.

Anyway after all the tests I found that the veggie caps dissolved faster in hot water than anything else.  They also dissolve without leaving a floating residue of whatever.  Unlike the gelatins.  Not sure how well you could compare water to the acidity of your stomach but the results were enough for me to write-off the gelatins for good.  Gelatin capsules being made from animal by-products can also carry the risk of Mad Cow disease, unlikely, but possible.

LOL at that last sentence.

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: Coaster]
    #8634118 - 07/14/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer a longer, more spread out trip.  Sometimes we have what I call the "combo platter", where we'll eat some dried regualr shrooms with some shroom capsules.

It is a crowd favorite!

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

#8634131 - 07/14/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rick0909 said:
I did an experiment on which capsules dissolve the fastest.  Filled them will jello powder and put into a glass of water and timed until the powder released.  I used many different methods such as hot water vs cold water, gelatin vs veggie, soda vs water, poking holes in the caps, and loosening the top part of the cap.  Should have posted my complete test so people here could refer to it.

Anyway after all the tests I found that the veggie caps dissolved faster in hot water than anything else.  They also dissolve without leaving a floating residue of whatever.  Unlike the gelatins.  Not sure how well you could compare water to the acidity of your stomach but the results were enough for me to write-off the gelatins for good.  Gelatin capsules being made from animal by-products can also carry the risk of Mad Cow disease, unlikely, but possible.

LOL at that last sentence.

lol ya the M in Cap-M-Quik definitely stands for mushrooms

--------------------

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: Left Nut City]
    #8634155 - 07/14/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Left Nut City said:
I prefer a longer, more spread out trip.  Sometimes we have what I call the "combo platter", where we'll eat some dried regualr shrooms with some shroom capsules.

It is a crowd favorite!

I'v got a wild, completely unsupported idea for this that I'm going to have to test. I'm going to take a dose of powder made into a basic tea and consume it with a serving or two of psyllium husk fiber. Maybe that will soak up a lot of the actives and slow down their release over a longer period of time.

BTW, I think capsules are perfect for re-dosing due to their quick come-up (sans the gelatin)

--------------------

InvisibleJenkins22
Mutilating_cows_4_better_poo

Loc: Fuk_U_Earth
    #8644771 - 07/16/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Rule of thumb.... nobody likes taking mystery gel caps.... Find a stamp to mark your spot!  After time ppl will love your green skull and cross bones tabs!

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: Jenkins22]
    #8645448 - 07/17/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jenkins22 said:
Rule of thumb.... nobody likes taking mystery gel caps.... Find a stamp to mark your spot!  After time ppl will love your green skull and cross bones tabs!

I've always thought about that, but it just seems to be begging for the wrong type of attention too. A plain capsule could mean anything, a trademark screams "There's a shroom super-lab out there that's run by someone who saw American Gangster!"

All of my friends trust me, so when the party favors are generic instead of brand-name, they don't think I skimped on quality.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

#8645529 - 07/17/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Top notch documentation POTC!  Absolutely indefectible!  chk rtgs.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlinechaos05
Stranger

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8645767 - 07/17/08 05:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone got any ideas for stamping capsules (i.e. what'd work)

Offlinefallenlsd
electricapricot
Male

Loc: missouri
Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: chaos05]
    #8646370 - 07/17/08 10:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

only .5 grams in each one?

multiple times me and my friends have taken our shrooms and ground them up a couple times in a weed grinder, they aren't the best ground up but oh well.

then, we'd have gloves on, and shove the mushrooms into these capsules, (they might be 00 capsules.. idk), and then use a seamripper to shove the mushrooms down, and the capsule only weighs .1g, and when we're done filling them the capsules weigh 1.2g~

it takes like 30 minutes to do 3 capsule or so

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroomgrow: :mushroom2:

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Re: TEK: Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics) [Re: fallenlsd]
    #8646463 - 07/17/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've been able to get a tad more than .5g with enough pressure. I usually average .55-.6g. Note-to get accurate measurements for one capsule, measure a bunch of capsules and then divide by their total count. This eliminates much of the loss of data due to rounding by most digital scales.

There is such a thing as a size 000 capsule. IT could fit the amount you've gotten, although it isn't very common because it's "horse pill" size makes it difficult for many people to swallow.

--------------------

Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
    #8646895 - 07/17/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

PowerOfTheCoir: I couldn't let a capsule thread go without commenting in it :smile:

but basically rick0909 covered everything i would have said.

and to go with what left nut city said about the time release, bascially unless your grinding them up and putting them into oj or something, you will have a slower on set and a longer trip as it takes more time to digest the larger sections of mushroom as compared to the powder.

Edited by ar393 (07/17/08 01:02 PM)

Offlinewasting_space
....JerkO'lantern....

Loc: halloweentown
    #8966298 - 09/22/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I decided to bump this method for all the noobs out there..  I know I am still a noob but, this is the ultimate storage method( although this is just my opinion )!!!  i am a little drunk right now but there were only a few dozen replies to this method!!!  That really irritates me because this method is the best way to preserve and ingest magic mushrooms...  First of all the preservation is self explanatory..  Mushroom powder ground up and squeezed into double O capsules...  No air allowed to deteriorate the delicious alkaloids...  Second of all, if you have grown at least one crop you should know that with multispore innoculations the mushrooms you grow might have a waning potency level between different mushies and flushes..  If you grind them all and at the end of your flushes from a specific strain and grind them again to mix all the powder essentially the shroom powder will all have the same potency!!!!!!  Plus three capsules is alot easier to ingest than 1.5 grams of dried shrooms that might not induce the effects that you are craving for!!!!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag