Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Need help!
    #863036 - 09/04/02 08:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Im using the quart jar tek revisited, have b+ and golden teacher goin it's been 3 weeks and have had them in my fruiting chamber (styrofoam cooler with the top cut out and moist verm in the bottom) I cased my other jars and now have only 2 (both b+)goin in their original jars, I have plastic wrap over them and secured with a rubberband, anyway, one of cakes has gotten really blue and looked dry in the bottom, so I read up on injecting water into cakes and preceeded with a clean sterile syringe and bottled water, does this sound good? there doesnt seem to be any contams but the cake is really blue and is omitting this sweet smell almost like blueberries(?) is there any hope for my babies? oh, and the other cake is starting to turn blue, I havent done anything to that one yet. The blueing looks a little scary, I know its normal and the humidity in the chamber is pretty good, there seems to be a lot of knots but no pins, please, any info would be appreciated I spent a lot of time and care for my babies and I dont want to see them go to mushroom heaven. Thanks!

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: Need help! [Re: soochi]
    #863052 - 09/04/02 08:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You have wet verm on the bottom of your terr.? Thats not good, it should be perlite not verm. And do not open the jars, wait till they are fully colonized and dunk them in water over night and they will be re-hydrated once again. And the only reason the cake would be blue is if you keep shaking it up and down in the jar, a cake dosent bruise on its own(dont lie). And it should smell earthy like a mushroom, unless you stuck some blueberrys in there i have no clue why you get that smell. And once again make sure its BLUE, and not green. And treat them with care if they are your babies. And if you see knots shouldnt be more longer then a week till pins will form.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Need help! [Re: Mr_Puke]
    #863154 - 09/04/02 09:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I havent shaken them or touched them at all except for when I injected it, and even then it was blue way before that. any good suggestiions for humidifying, I only have verm on hand and dont have any dough to buy anything, was injecting it the right thing to do?

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation