Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK]
    #8624184 - 07/12/08 03:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son
July 10, 2008 - bridlingtonfreepress.co.uk

A FATHER who sent his son a parcel containing cannabis in the post was caught out by Royal Mail workers who could smell the drug.
Post Office workers at Blackheath in London became suspicious of a package which had been sent from Bridlngton to a hotel in the capital.

Gavin Miller, 46, had been asked to send an iPod to his son Grant, who was staying in the hotel, but also included 10.6g of cannabis.

Miller, of Maple Close, Bridlington, was charged with attempting to supply 10.6g of cannabis and cultivating 39 cannabis plants.

Police officers searched the bungalow and found a cannabis factory in the loft.

All members of the family claimed they were not allowed in the loft and Miller, who is addicted to cannabis, was arrested.

Jane Wilson, prosecuting, said: “When interviewed he fully admitted sending the cannabis to his son who had asked Mr Miller to send him his iPod.

“He said his son was depressed so he sent him some cannabis, he didn’t ask for it.”

Miller, who was cautioned in June last year for a cannabis-related incident, said he watered the plants twice a day and none of his family were involved.

The prosecution said he was supplying to family members for no money and was not supplying for financial gain. Since the factory was discovered all of the equipment has been destroyed.

Victoria Lancaster, mitigating, said: “It is an unusual situation because Mr Miller’s wife some years ago was a victim of a dreadful incident.

She dived into a swimming pool which didn’t have the right depth measurements and it left her paralysed.

“Mr Miller is her 24-hour carer and they have three children aged 24, 21 and 19, plus a 19-year-old nephew who is staying with them.”

As a result of lifting his wife Miller is said to have developed a repetitive strain condition and is in constant pain, but continues to lift her.

Miss Lancaster said for several years Miller has been on Prozac, he was also on strong painkillers which worked for a while but when doctors could not increase the dosage because he was on Prozac, he turned to cannabis.

Not wanting to buy it on the open market Miller decided to grow his own and when his son rang for his iPod and he decided to put some cannabis in the parcel to cheer him up.

Magistrates fined him £200 with a £15 victim surcharge when he appeared at Bridlington Magistrates’ Court last Wednesday.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #8624194 - 07/12/08 03:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

tite he didnt get jail time
w00t w00t

--------------------

OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery

Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #8624201 - 07/12/08 03:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

He got off lucky as fuck. "Hey dad, I left my Ipod at home wanna send it to me?" "Sure son, let me throw in some pot for ya while im at it." Why couldn't my dad have been like this god bless his soul.

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #8624315 - 07/12/08 05:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

All members of the family claimed they were not allowed in the loft and Miller, who is addicted to cannabis, was arrested.

:banghead:

OfflineShroomNinja
P. Shuriken -Ninjas Choice!!
Male

Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #8624320 - 07/12/08 05:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This story makes no sense. how could they find his house?? when you send a parcel they dont take your address unless you choose to send it recorded delivery.

If thats the route he chose then more fool him for giving them his addy. He should have told his son the situation and used a fake name. the son could have then denied any knowledge when this happened. without the dads addy they wouldnt have found him and therefore wouldn't have bust this grow op.

Silly mistakes cost plants!!!!!

--------------------
Welcome To The Realm of The Unknown!!

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: ShroomNinja]
    #8624348 - 07/12/08 06:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, we gotta thank our police officers for stopping another dangerous criminal in their tracks. I'm sure glad there's no cannabis factories near me! I could get addicted.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8624381 - 07/12/08 07:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

36 plants...Factory. :flipthebird:

--------------------

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: MHbound]
    #8624538 - 07/12/08 09:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"miller, who is addicted to cannabis."

retards...especially when they explained that it was for medical use like two paragraphs later.

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: clover606]
    #8624971 - 07/12/08 12:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Get that shit off our streets!

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: Helixx]
    #8625888 - 07/12/08 05:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Helixx said:
Quote:

Quote:

:banghead:

exactly....i cant see a person franticly looking for there next "fix" of weed on the nights where i cant get any i will spend maybe 2 hours trying to get some and then i just give up...yeah im not happy but its not like im going to go rob a fucking house to get money to buy some...marijuana has the addictive propertys that of a potato chip

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

OfflineAp0calypse
Stranger
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: g00ru]
    #8626661 - 07/12/08 09:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I don't like the looks of that addicted to cannabis comment...

OfflineMantrippinonX
Ballin' Status
Male User Gallery

Loc: Africa
Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8627700 - 07/13/08 02:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Well, we gotta thank our police officers for stopping another dangerous criminal in their tracks. I'm sure glad there's no cannabis factories near me! I could get addicted.

LOL I second that!

--------------------
"Shit get on my level you can't get on my level You would need a spaceshuttle or a ladder that's forever"

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Dad posted cannabis to cheer up son [UK] [Re: MantrippinonX]
    #8629580 - 07/13/08 04:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow...if marijuana was at all addictive, you may see people shaking and trembling cause they don't have their weed and then they go out and strangle people that have ganja.

That's addiction for ya. It's reserved for meth, cocaine, crack, and heroin users.

Marijuana though? HAHAHAHAHA. WOW. Seriously.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service