Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Canada one step closer toward legalization?
    #862934 - 09/04/02 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just saw a news story saying that the canadian senate had agreed thatthey need to legalize MJ use for adults, stating that scientific evidence overwhelminglly (direct quote) indicates it's use is less harmful than alcohol. They say they should put it under the same type of laws that control alchol, allowing for personal usage.
BOOYAH CANADAH!
Can anybody translate what all that really means?
My buddy tells me something about there being to senates, then to the queens court of something and then its legal. Is this correct?
I dont know what my senate does, are we closer towards legal pot now than before?

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (09/04/02 02:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: blink]
    #863097 - 09/04/02 04:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Please post a link to an article or something. I looked for it but couldn't find it.

Anyway, if the bill has been passed by the Senate (I'd be very surprised if it were), then to become law all it needs is Royal Assent. This means the Queen has to approve it. Since the Queen doesn't actually do ANYTHING, Royal Assent can be given by the Governor General of Canada. Usually when bills pass the senate, the Governor General will in turn approve it. More of a formality than anything.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Edited by CyberChump (09/04/02 04:07 PM)

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #863131 - 09/04/02 04:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I looked and cannot find one yet. Since I saw in on Tv, it may not be in print yet.
meh, if anybody finds out details about it, lemme know

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#863238 - 09/04/02 05:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll post it if I find it. If what you described really happened it will be on www.norml.org in no time.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #863286 - 09/04/02 06:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know how Canadian government works but we have all sorts of politicians who get to speak in some verry important hearings and they often say the same thing about Marijuana... Nothing changes...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #863303 - 09/04/02 06:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Have no fear...Rono, the media bloodhound is here.

Here's a link Pot less harmful than alcohol: Senate report
The debate over decriminalization

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (09/04/02 07:05 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #863317 - 09/04/02 06:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #863326 - 09/04/02 06:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ummm...that's the same link.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Rono]
    #863347 - 09/04/02 06:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

/me reads article

Aaah.

God the CPA is dumb.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#863356 - 09/04/02 06:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I know! You would think that the CPA would love this! Making less work for them, so they can focus on the real criminals. Apparently the CPA is interested in facts...

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #863387 - 09/04/02 07:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's difficult for a country to legalise any drugs because in the early seventies the US insisted every country sign a UN treaty making all drugs illegal. The problem is divorcing yourself legally from this UN treaty. It can be done but it's tricky which is why "decriminialising" is preferred over legalisation.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #863432 - 09/04/02 07:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #863533 - 09/04/02 08:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hell, here is the article.

Canadian Panel Urges Legalization of Marijuana Use
Wed Sep 4, 2:46 PM ET
By David Ljunggren

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A panel set up by Canada's Senate recommended on Wednesday that the government legalize the use of marijuana, saying it should be sold on a regulated basis like alcohol.

The report by the Senate -- the unelected upper house of Parliament -- adds to a growing debate in Canada over what to do about the widespread use of marijuana and the attraction the illegal drug holds for organized crime.

The report is also likely to trigger alarm in the United States, where some politicians are already unhappy about the amount of Canadian-grown marijuana crossing the border.

Canadian Justice Minister Martin Cauchon said in July he was considering whether to decriminalize marijuana but the Senate's special committee on illegal drugs urged him to go much further.

"Essentially the committee recommends from now on that marijuana be legalized and available for restricted use, so Canadians can choose whether to consume it or not," said committee chairman Sen. Pierre Claude Nolin.

The committee concluded that marijuana was not a so-called gateway drug -- one which would lead to the use of stronger narcotics -- and was in fact much less dangerous than alcohol.

More than 20,000 people a year are arrested in Canada for using marijuana but the committee said the continued criminalization of the drug was having no effect at all.

Canadian police say the multibillion-dollar marijuana industry is largely controlled by organized crime groups. Illegal marijuana growing is a major industry in the western province of British Columbia, with much of the product exported to the United States.

Nolin said it was clear that prohibition was "a cop-out" that would never be effective and called for an amnesty be declared for all marijuana users.

"In a free society such as ours it is up to each person to decide whether they want to use cannabis or not. We do not want to encourage this consumption any more than we encourage the consumption of alcohol," he said.

Critics of current Canadian policy say that legalizing marijuana use would deal a massive blow to crime groups.

But U.S. politicians have expressed unhappiness with the idea of Canada in any way easing its stance on marijuana and some say if Ottawa did relax its rules, this could lead to a clampdown on the countries' long joint border.

Last year, to noises of unhappiness from south of the border, Canada announced it would permit seriously ill people to use state-grown medical marijuana to ease their pain. Ottawa contracted a firm to grow the first batch but has since cooled to the idea, saying more tests were needed.

In a hefty five-volume report that took two years to complete, the Senate special committee said Canada should hold talks with Washington to produce a bilateral policy.

"We believe our relationships with our friends are solid enough to work out the implications of what we believe we should do for our own citizens," Nolin told a news conference to mark the release of the report.

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #863546 - 09/04/02 08:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--
I dont know how Canadian government works but we have all sorts of politicians who get to speak in some verry important hearings and they often say the same thing about Marijuana... Nothing changes...
--

Canadian politics do indeed work a bit differently. The politicians you speak of in the states campeign to stay in power, that is, they run around doing crazy shit kissing babies making speeches etc to win public support. Senators in Canada however, are appointed by the PM, they don't have to to shit all to maintain their position or fight for public relations.

I think this report is signifigant for a couple of reasons, mainly, the senate in Canada is notorious for doing jack shit year round; the fact that they put out this report is very surprising and carries alot of sway in canadian politics. The senate also makes up half of the legislature in Canada, and is appointed by our Liberal Prime Minister, the guy who actually makes decisions!

I dont know if this takes Canada any closer to legalization though, since the main reason we havn't made any progress yet, is from US intervention to preserve their own drug laws.

but reports like this really raise awareness in Canada thanks mostly to the ol' CBC... i am optimistic!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: foghorn]
    #863562 - 09/04/02 08:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In reply to:

But U.S. politicians have expressed unhappiness with the idea of Canada in any way easing its stance on marijuana and some say if Ottawa did relax its rules, this could lead to a clampdown on the countries' long joint border.

Holy fuck that really pisses me off...Once again, the U.S. trying to dictate the actions of another country. (Sorry to any offended yanks) Pretty soon they are gonna bomb the fuck out of Canada because we're all terrorist drug dealers in control of alot of oil. For the love of god, would you people down south PLEASE elect someone besides a Democrat or Republican? I don't care it it's a trained chimp that plays the kazoo with his asshole..as long as he let's me smoke my weed.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #863847 - 09/04/02 11:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Whenever this kind of thing happens, you can always trust the CPA to come forth and say something retarded.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #864020 - 09/05/02 01:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I agree,  If anything happens, it'll be without US support.  I think that the US may try to intimidate us into not legalising simply because they are so fucknig ignorent.  A big chunk of them when asked why MJ is bad will answer because it's illegal.  When asked for other reasons, they find none.  So what happens when it's not illegal anymore?  Is it still bad? You bet, cause george W says so...... :mad:

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #864027 - 09/05/02 01:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to post whore but here is the head senators web page
i suggest any canadian's that agree with this recommenadtion thank him for his integrity
Senator page

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#864034 - 09/05/02 01:38 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you want the actual report, check this out. Of course it extremely wordy but I looked through it and found a few interesting tidbits. Especially in section 2.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/Committee_SenRep.asp?Language=E&Parl=37&Ses=1&comm_id=85

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Phluck]
    #864044 - 09/05/02 01:43 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Kickin!
A full report!
I'm just surprised to see so much information availible as it is canadian law....
I still dont even know all the legalities of mushrooms for SURE.
Check out chapters 6-10 in section outlined above
good read

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (09/05/02 01:54 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#864277 - 09/05/02 03:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That's the report that the whole news thing is about today, put out by the senate.

The house of commons is working on a report as well, which should be out by november. The justice minister says that actions will be taken after it is reviewed.

I think decriminalization is more likely, but legalization would really kick ass.

The senate report calls for total legalization, just have it regulated like alcohol, though oddly enough, they recommend that the legal age be 16, as opposed to 19, which is what it is in most provinces. They also say that the legal alcohol limit should be .04 instead of .08 if the driver has also been using marijuana. Fair enough if you ask me.

I think this is really cool. Will the government act on the senate's recommendations? Who knows. We can only hope.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #864559 - 09/05/02 07:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What if Canada and Holland make a new UN ? Something with higher standards of tolerance , higher and true human values and not controlled by US lobbies, well the US would have to legalize mj to get into this new organization  :grin: .

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #864647 - 09/05/02 11:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was HOPING for decriminalization, with the thoughts that total legalization was years down the road. But the committee's report states that decriminalization would be a step in the WRONG direction, and that controlled legalization is the only real solution.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: trendal]
    #864765 - 09/05/02 01:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Can any Canadian here give an address or two where "real" Americans (as opposed to corporate whores and their minions) could write to, to express our support of Canada's trailblazing and enlightened attitude and forthcoming policy change?

Americans here should also write their Congressmen and say "Let Canada run its own affairs. How about recognizing our Freedom in the pursuit of happiness as promised by our Founding Fathers?"

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Swami]
    #864886 - 09/05/02 02:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/Committee_SenHome.asp?Language=E&Parl=37&Ses=1&comm_id=85

That's the Canadian senate's website. I'm sure you can find an e-mail or mailing address somewhere.

More importantly, if you're a Canadian, WRITE TO YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT!

This link right here will help you find out who they are, and how to contact them if you don't already know.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/people/house/PostalCode.asp?Source=SM

They're the ones who will have to pass the bill when it is (hopefully) introduced in November. Might be later than november of course, governments are slower than potheads :P

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#864911 - 09/05/02 02:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ah, I looked at the article again, the house of commons report isn't due out until Nov 30... I'm sure we won't see any bill introduced until at least mid December... ah well, isn't gonna stop me from smoking.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#864912 - 09/05/02 02:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

An excellent idea, Phluck.

Maybe we (Canadian shroomerites) should get together and start a nation-wide campaign. Hand out flyers and such. I know that 2600 has had lots of success with the same type of thing and I've even been involved in a flyer campaign for them (against the MPAA, if any of you follow that).

Universities would be an excellent place to start.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#864918 - 09/05/02 03:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think I read somewhere this morning that a desision, or at least discussion, would probably begin in January.

--------------------

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #864962 - 09/05/02 03:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

AHahhaha I love how the pro-legalization emails are so polite and happy, and the anti ones are full of rhetoric, cursing and complete bullshit.

It brings a tear to my eye to show how right so many people have been for so long.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #865034 - 09/05/02 04:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have just written to my Parlimentary member... Jullian Reed. but do you think this guy will care?
sorry he just looks....pro-drug war, you know? set in his ways...

well anyways, i hope that something actually gets done
i think that the US will be so busy with their war on terrorism/iraq/somewhere middle eastern that they wont be able to fight this as well. They will mention it but nobody will be into it, they'll all be fightng to keep fighting. Since when did US law become world law?

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#865040 - 09/05/02 04:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hehe, the first time I got stoned was with my MP's son. I ain't naming any names though, that's probably not a good thing to do. Those of you who know me can probably figure it out...

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#865054 - 09/05/02 04:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I blew off work for most of the morning and read the summary report. Here are some choice bits:

>Physical dependency on cannabis is virtually non-existent;

>In effect, the main social costs of cannabis are a result of public policy
choices, primarily its continued criminalization, while the consequences of its
use represent a small fraction of the social costs attributable to the use of illegal
drugs.

>The series of international agreements concluded since 1912 have failed to achieve their ostensible aim of reducing the supply of drugs;

>Canada should inform the international community of the conclusions of our report and officially request the declassification of cannabis and its derivatives.

>Some say that decriminalization is a step in the right direction, one that gives society time to become accustomed to cannabis, to convince opponents that chaos will not result, to adopt effective preventive measures. We believe however that this approach is in fact the worst case scenario, depriving the State of a necessary regulatory tool for dealing with the entire production, distribution, and consumption network, and delivering hypocritical messages at the same time.

>There have been tens of thousands of arrests and convictions for the possession of cannabis and thousands of people have been incarcerated. However, use trends remain totally unaffected and the gap the Commission noted between the law and public compliance continues to widen.

>As far as cannabis is concerned, only behaviour causing demonstrable harm to others should be prohibited: illegal trafficking, selling to minors and impaired driving.

>The RCMP should reconsider its choice of the DARE program that many evaluation
studies have shown to be ineffective;

>(IN BOLD) In our view, it is clear that if the aim of public policy is to diminish consumption and supply of drugs, specifically cannabis, all signs indicate complete failure.

>While cannabis is included, along with heroin and cocaine, in Schedules I and IV of the 1961 Convention, which carry the most stringent controls, it is not even mentioned by name in the 1971 Convention, though THC is listed as a Schedule I psychotropic along with mescaline, LSD and so on. The only apparent criterion is medical and scientific use, which explains why barbiturates are in Schedule III of the 1971 Convention and therefore subject to less stringent controls than natural hallucinogens. These classifications are not just arbitrary, but inconsistent with the substances? pharmacological classifications and their danger to society.

Taken from: Cannabis: Our Position for a Canadian Public Policy

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #865390 - 09/05/02 08:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So this will be voted on..............in December?

If not, when will this be voted on?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  The Deep - Turned On

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Learyfan]
    #865450 - 09/05/02 08:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

sorry i dont have a link, but i just caught this on pulse24

"decriminalization of marijuana may be the first step, says justice minister."

pulse24 is one of those quickie news channels that give you nice short headlines about national/local news.  Since it is run by the Toronto Star, they usually run an article the next day! An article about the justice minister discussing decriminalization, a day after the senate committee news makes me very optimistic!

or maybe im just foolish :smile: vive le canada!

Edited by foghorn (09/05/02 08:49 PM)

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
    #865460 - 09/05/02 08:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Haha i just caught another one, something along the lines of

"Senate reform is required, as is evident with this latest pot report, says Alliance party"

I dont know much about the party, except it doesn't have any respect in Ontario or Quebec, probably BC too hahaha

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#865477 - 09/05/02 08:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The Alliance party is a Western Canada based party, which is why it isn't too popular out East.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Learyfan]
    #865604 - 09/05/02 10:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If not, when will this be voted on?

We don't really know. The news was that a Senate Committee report was released. It's just a group of recommendations; it isn't a bill. Someone said they expect to introduce a bill in November, but nobody knows exactly what recommendations it might follow. I think will still be some time before prohibition is repealed.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#865612 - 09/05/02 10:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's also the right-most party in Canada. I wouldn't expect them to be in favour of repealing prohibition, but there are a few some Reform MPs who support decrim.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #865736 - 09/05/02 11:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? *DELETED* [Re: Rono]
    #865746 - 09/05/02 11:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #866389 - 09/06/02 10:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>>>Could you imagine the rush to the border if we went completly legal? omg, it'd be huge! <<<

I would make a few trips. It would be like going to Amsterdam without having to fly and Ill bet their would be many more smoke shops popping up along the boarder than in major cities.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Edited by GabbaDj (09/06/02 11:00 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #866600 - 09/06/02 02:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Entirely true.

Canada legalizes pot.
Canada's economy goes through the roof.

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#869096 - 09/08/02 12:02 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

I know our number one exporter in B.C according to the news is no longer lumber and now pot. I wonder what would happen to us since a big selling point is we are so liberal when it comes to marijuana

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #869510 - 09/08/02 12:42 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Guess my opinion. :grin:

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Jammer]
    #869833 - 09/08/02 12:05 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Heh, was walking down the street last night and walked by a bunch of americans. What do they shout out?

"LEGALIZE POT MAN! YOU ROCK!"

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? *DELETED* [Re: trendal]
    #869846 - 09/08/02 12:08 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

OfflineJammer

#870195 - 09/09/02 01:59 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Kentucky has about the most anti-pot laws in the world. In many citys one can buy papers legaly... however if one get caughts with papers on them with NO ROLLING TOBBACCO they get like a $100 fine and somtimes jail time!

It's reall ironic 'cuz we have our share off pot heads here and this state is said to produce about as much weed (or more) than California does! (ex: The Danel Boon National Forest)

Go figure rednecks that vote...  :crazy: 

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/09/02 05:53 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #870340 - 09/09/02 03:27 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

You can't see it but i'm tipping my hat to Canada....

I guess this will give me a reason to go since i only live about 20 minutes from there...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#870745 - 09/09/02 07:29 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Heh, that's funny :laugh:  I'm guessing you were in the states but then how did they know you were Canadian?

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #871031 - 09/09/02 09:51 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

oh caaanabiiiis

my bong runneth over.

reading the paper recently i too came to the realization that wheels are possibly turning, what we have is the senate recomondation of legalization, not decriminalization, but right to the point. legal weed.
and why should that be any wonder, the canadian government has been using the past few years taking the strongest strains from BC and holland to work on creating the perfect strain on high-yeald, high-potency marijuana.
im not kidding, they already have enough weed to give evryone in the country a kilo. :smile:
theres one well known mine in manioba that has been excavated for pot growing. numerous experimental farms also have experimentation currently active.
what companies will be in management of such production tho?
tobacco is grown on regular farms in canada.
i say people like the marijuana party should be considered for the serious tasks of office that would be required with the production, distribution, and yes (this is a good thing for canada) the TAXATION of this resource.
im willing to pay tax on it.
for the cost of growing and the potential of non-trackable
black market pot, the prices will be good or it wont be profitable.
now what im waiting for is hash.
im feinding for it.
i wanna go down to the fucking smoke stand, buy an old mans pipe,  have a nice block-a-roo of yummy canabis truffle
hasish and just shave slices off all day long, till im a cooky old man with grandkids.
hash hash hash! i mean yah! or bubble hash.
ooooooooh. getting a fist size brick of BC bubble hash
for my birthday would be nice, yah it would cost more but youed be paying for quality and not for the risk of breaking the law.
im getting high just thinking about the freedom to be stoned.
of course, you cant get stoned at work.
although evryone does anyway. you still cant get caught.
i just hope it really happens this time because im soon to become cynical towards democracy (understatement)
and will lose hope.

but as for the excavated mines of weed in manitoba. ive seen the crops. they are big, stinky monster buds. and aparently super potent because they were intended for medical-grade.

you know, i really do think canada is one of the greatest countries in the world and we have something magical and amazing to be proud of. and we dont even need to try, we have nothing to prove that isn't self-evidant.
our people have the balls to take on the government and arent easily influenced by social norms that would keep the masses compliant to outdated dogma.
and if only we could drop this whole silly governor generals approval from the crown thing, then i could safely say that soon we will truly be our own free country and no longer in any way the ambilical annex of european influence.
and yess, its quite obvious what america is doing to the world.
its obvious who profits. and the people who suffer most are farthest away from the eyes of its people.
so yes, canada needs to drop its dependance on america, drop americas "support" as we really dont need the protection and we never did. we shouldnt have to answer to anyone,
we are canada. canadians. and if that means tearing up a treaty where we agreed to be americans so we could stay canada.
then so be it.  i really dont think america will invade us because we want total freedom to be a separate country.
i dont think were open to invasion from terrorist organizations that require protections we cannot facilitate.
i think smoking weed is just fine.
and if the US is that afraid that an adjacent country being lax on pot will somehow cause disorder and deride the quality of american life, then it is a cowardly nation indeed, afraid its policies and status quo are at the mercy of pot-heads from the north...
afraid. nothing more.
i would take a nuke if i knew that the insanity and fear would be recognized by the people of the US, that they could experience ego-death and see what kind of dream america is.
and why sometimes you have to be awake too.

let pot be my escape from reality, not democracy.

OfflineJammer

Re: Canada one step closer toward legalization? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #871134 - 09/09/02 11:25 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

I hope to God that Canada does totaly legalize weed! Man, if the Canadians can legalize it with the mounds of pressure from America, then my hat too is "tiped".

I would love to see the looks on the faces of these idiot parnoid anti-weed dick heads around my parts. They will flip out, man I'm telling you they will be in total disbelief.

Lets hope it happens.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/09/02 11:34 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#871448 - 09/09/02 06:23 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

No I was in Canada. They were here :P

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#871461 - 09/09/02 06:30 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Actually, the government hasn't been using the best strains from Amsterdam and all that. They've been using seeds from confiscated pot. Apparently they're having trouble, because they're producing not so good weed.

--------------------

OfflineJammer

#872077 - 09/09/02 05:56 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Thats not what I heard.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#872108 - 09/09/02 06:11 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Phluck is right. The weed they grew underground in Flin Flon is NOT great weed and they only produced a few hundred kilos, not enough to give everyone a kilo like someone said (that would be 30 million kilograms  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:). They've shelved indefinately the whole Flin Flon project. They hadn't even figured out the logistics of distributing it to the exempt people and basically the whole project was poorly thought out and will probably never see the light of day. I'm sure all that weed has already been smoked by somebody :wink: 

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#872130 - 09/09/02 06:19 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Didnt the release from the Senate say something about wanting to lower the THC level in the weed?
"The report says the appropriate level of tetrahydrocannabinol -- THC -- in marijuana for recreational use would be 13 percent. THC is the main active component of cannabis.

Many of the products illegally on the market now have a much higher THC level, he said. "

Would this suggest that they are planning on making slightly weaker weed for selling?

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#872179 - 09/09/02 06:37 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

THC levels in weed can vary from .5% to 30%...so I think it's acceptable to sell weed that has a THC level of 13%.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #872247 - 09/09/02 07:16 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

sorry about the flin flon misrepresentation, i saw pictures of weed and thought, look at it all, they wouldnt miss a kilo.
lets ALL have one.
of course i was exagerating.
maybe theyed just have enough to give all aplicable pot-smokers an ounce, does that sound resonable? :smile:

i read an article in todays paper in the editorial by some easily-influenced zealot for anti-smoking.
this person said flat out "smoke is smoke and smoking is smoking" and that second hand smoke is always equally dangerous.
this person clearly isnt taking any consideration to the facts
although her artical clearly stated that the facts were what was being ignored by the senate committee.
thats silly. because well, obviously tobacco smoke is toxic
and carcinogenic. containing carbon monoxide, cyanide, lead,
kryptonite,  stuff lke that.
pot contains a tetra-hydrogen alkaloid compound that burns up into THC and carbon particals.
essentialls, regular burning plant smoke and delightful benefets.
of course, yes, second hand potsmoke is smoke, but then so is a stick of insence,  about equal in is harmfulness as marijuana.
who would light up a incence tobacco stick around kids?
that would be irrisponseable. probably the same people who would light up a cig around children.
pot would be relitively safe to smoke around children in a well-ventillated atmosphere.
the potential for early pot use is high. but who cares?
if it becomes a problem it will be dealt with the same way we would keep  12 year olds from getting drunk.
there will always be kids (as their is now) who will put more energy into pot smoking than schoolwork.
it also should be more influenced in schools, the benefits of haveing real, sober relationships.
this should probably be more touched upon than it is already anyways.

pot should not be allowed at schools, they let tobacco slide, they shouldnt really do this either.

its kinda gross.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #872399 - 09/09/02 08:28 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

im getting high just thinking about the freedom to be stoned.

lol
i know that feeling.  It's energizing to know that maybe the gears will start turning for this after such a long, drawn out war over it. 

Quote:

smoke is smoke and smoking is smoking

Then don't smoke, EAT!
hahah
If it goes legal, fuck this 13% bullshit, It'll be legal, I got some white rhino seeds sittin around.....hmmmm
any ideas out there ppl? :confused: :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
    #872715 - 09/09/02 11:40 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

i would dig a standardized percentile for THC... thats what legalization is all about, regulation and moderation... with some experience id be able to control how stoned i get every time!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder