Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBennyProfane
Alcoholic Pseudointellectual
Male

Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization?
    #8628237 - 07/13/08 05:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Stupid, silly post but I'm drunk and high right now.  Has anyone every worked at taco bell?  We have what is called a rethermalizer, which is 2 vats of hot water which we use to heat up food with racks to hang them on.  I was thinking about it today and it would be PERFECT for pasteurizing bulk substrate.  I could pasteurize 40+ lbs of hpoo a night in portion bags (plentiful at the bell, they don't melt up to boiling temps) and it would be a million times easier than using the cooler tek, oven tek, etc.  Now I just need to talk my manager into letting me do it:rolleyes:.

--------------------
All of my posts are completely fictional.  I post info and pics stolen from other sources because I wan't to appear to be cool to others.

Pity makes suffering contagious - Nietzsche

Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously! - Nietzsche

Convictions are more dangerous to the truth than lies - Nietzsche

There was only one Christian, and he died on the cross for his own sins - Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: BennyProfane]
    #8628969 - 07/13/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

funny... i just got hired. seriously.

--------------------

Invisiblejajapee
Teh Bonerz
Female

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: BennyProfane]
    #8628978 - 07/13/08 11:21 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BennyProfane said:
.. Now I just need to talk my manager into letting me do it:rolleyes:.

Any way to sneak in after hours?

--------------------
I told Althea that treachery was tearing me limb from limb
Althea told me cool down boy, settle back, easy Jim

Forever Grateful

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innerspace Flag
Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: jajapee]
    #8629099 - 07/13/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a good way to get unwanted attention.

"If your going to be stupid, don't be foolish." --Me

--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

OfflineRedthunder25
Student of Mycology
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: Ledd]
    #8629151 - 07/13/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

They're usually just called "steam-tables"

--------------------

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: Ledd]
    #8629155 - 07/13/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey MR.BossMan can i uh...paterize my horse shit over ther in the thing we "cook" peoples food in. oh yeah no problem benny go for it

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: grod31]
    #8629600 - 07/13/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I can not go even anywhere near taco bell without vomiting instantly from the smell emanating from the place :projectile: ...... I WISH I was kidding

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8629617 - 07/13/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Seriously. That's wrong.

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: jajapee]
    #8632262 - 07/14/08 02:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I actually just talked to my manager about it and since I always work third shift with him and it's usually just us after dining room closes, he really doesn't care.  I was checking out the machine today and the temp is adjustable.  Turn that thing down to about 165F or so and I'm good to go.

--------------------
All of my posts are completely fictional.  I post info and pics stolen from other sources because I wan't to appear to be cool to others.

Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously! - Nietzsche

There was only one Christian, and he died on the cross for his own sins - Nietzsche

Offlinebeengonetoolong
Gravy Train Conductor
Male User Gallery

#8632269 - 07/14/08 02:53 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BennyProfane said:
I actually just talked to my manager about it and since I always work third shift with him and it's usually just us after dining room closes, he really doesn't care.  I was checking out the machine today and the temp is adjustable.  Turn that thing down to about 165F or so and I'm good to go.

Lol.    As funny as it is to imagine a taco bell employee pasteurizing horse shit in the back, I wouldnt even risk it.    Now your "boss" knows you're pasteurizing horse shit, at work.  It just seems risky to me.. I guess I dont like to be that public about "certain activities". 

It is a hilarious image in my mind, though.  :smile: :smile:

--------------------

Is there life after death? Trespass and find out.

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: beengonetoolong]
    #8632281 - 07/14/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not worried about it, he's technically my manager but he's more like my co-worker.  We are friends outside of work and I know he won't rat on me.  He's totally down with shrooms and shit too.  HaHa, while all you suckers are dealing with dripping pillowcases full of horse shit, I now have myself a fully automated pasteurization machine!

--------------------

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8632290 - 07/14/08 03:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yea you lucky bastard you can probibly do large spawn bags too.

I always wondered why the food at taco bell tasted like shit.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8632310 - 07/14/08 03:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Holy crap!  LOL!:rofl:  Yes, I was that General Manager that used the rethermalizer for pasteurizing!  Although, the rethermalizer is set at 190!  But hey, They were in Heating bags!  And the water gets changed nightly!  I Can't believe this was even brought up in a thread!

The Shroomy 1­­

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Edited by The shroomy 1 (07/14/08 03:13 AM)

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8632313 - 07/14/08 03:13 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Does pasteurizing hpoo stink up the place a bit?  My only worry is that I stink up the store and my opening manager comes in thinking "Why does this store smell like a fucking barn?".  I may not want to use hpoo if thats the case, maybe coir instead.

--------------------

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: $tate of Inebriation, Pat...
    #8632319 - 07/14/08 03:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i need to rob a taco bell.

yeah, if your boss is cool i guess it's all good. when i was 18 i worked at burger king, and my boss used to smoke blunts and get drunk with us in the kitchen when the dining room closed. i was selling acid to him, and out the drive through to several people. it's a miracle i'm a free man *knocks on wood*.

one question, are these bags completely sealed, or is there gonna be shit or shit juice in the tacos? shit, taco bell is damn cheap, so naturally i eat there quite a bit. this disturbs me.

--------------------
praise "Bob"
did you mean shmooed-R.I.P.

"drought besets the mind, decay besets the man"-me

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #8632323 - 07/14/08 03:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The shroomy 1 said:
Holy crap!  LOL!:rofl:  Yes, I was that General Manager that used the rethermalizer for pasteurizing!  Although, the rethermalizer is set at 190!  But hey, They were in Heating bags!  And the water gets changed nightly!  I Can't believe this was even brought up in a thread!

The Shroomy 1­­

I don't know how how long ago you worked there but the rethermaizers now are adjustable.  I can drop the temp.  190 is a bit high for pasteurization from what I know.  I knew there had to be someone else that had that idea out there.  When I say "Taco bell is a shitty job", that now has a double meaning to me!

--------------------

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: rev 766]
    #8632325 - 07/14/08 03:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No worries, product in heating bags are always "Double bagged" for those exact reasons.  I would hope that anyone using the rethermalizer for pasteurization would have their bags vacuum sealed and then bagged with the heating bag.  (As I did)

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineBennyProfane
Male

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: rev 766]
    #8632332 - 07/14/08 03:25 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rev 766 said:
i need to rob a taco bell.

yeah, if your boss is cool i guess it's all good. when i was 18 i worked at burger king, and my boss used to smoke blunts and get drunk with us in the kitchen when the dining room closed. i was selling acid to him, and out the drive through to several people. it's a miracle i'm a free man *knocks on wood*.

one question, are these bags completely sealed, or is there gonna be shit or shit juice in the tacos? shit, taco bell is damn cheap, so naturally i eat there quite a bit. this disturbs me.

Those bags are completely sealed, nothing will leak into the water.  The only thing i will leave slighly open is the top which is above the water to allow steam to escape.

--------------------

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8632333 - 07/14/08 03:25 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BennyProfane said:
Quote:

The shroomy 1 said:

The Shroomy 1­­

I don't know how how long ago you worked there but the rethermaizers now are adjustable.  I can drop the temp.  190 is a bit high for pasteurization from what I know.  I knew there had to be someone else that had that idea out there.  When I say "Taco bell is a shitty job", that now has a double meaning to me!

I just let them sit there until they reached 160  then pulled them out for  20 minutes then dunk them again.  Repeated process 4 times throughout the closing shift.  The rethermilizers do have adjustable temps, but I wasn't going to sacrifice Taco Bell standards and quality.  (How Noble of me right? :wink:)

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Offlinebeengonetoolong
Gravy Train Conductor
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone every worked at taco bell and dreamed of using the rethermalizer for pasteurization? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #8632335 - 07/14/08 03:27 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The shroomy 1 said:
The rethermilizers do have adjustable temps, but I wasn't going to sacrifice Taco Bell standards and quality.  (How Noble of me right? :wink:)

The Shroomy 1

Lol..  :wink: :laugh:

--------------------

Is there life after death? Trespass and find out.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate