Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStoop Kid
Stranger
Advice for newbies in the city
    #8624145 - 07/12/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, so I just scored a baggie and this being both my friends and mine own first time I could use some advice...

First, Im having trouble figuring out the logistics of the setting.  We live in an urban environment in a big city so access to real nature is difficult.  Although we have a tiny backyard with some plants and a porch.  Our house would definitely be the safest, most secure-feeling place to trip, but I think itd also be a boring one.  Another option is just to wander around the city at night.  I hear thats a lot of fun.  Or, as weve originally planned, we could go to a huge open park with interesting statues and things. Its always quiet at night there.  Ive smoked and drank there before so I know its relatively safe.  But since Im inexperienced Im worried about getting really paranoid being in public and not having the best possible trip.  Another consideration is that itd take about a half hour to get back home if we want to return where its totally safe.  What do you think?

Second, I know this isnt a new one but Im concerned about dosage.  Yeah Im stupid, however I bought this bag not knowing its weight and dont own a scale.  Ill probably end up just sucking up and buying one...but Id really rather not because I dont have a lot of money.  My one friend told me just to take as much as the length from the top knuckle joint to your fingertip on your pinky to start and then redose about the same a couple hours later.  Is there anything to this?  Any other methods that dont involve expensive scales?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: Stoop Kid]
    #8624154 - 07/12/08 01:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Take a picture of the bag with something next to it for reference like a lighter or something, and someone will give you a rough estimate of the weight.

Also say how much you paid for the bag, that will help establish weight. That pinky finger advice is bullshit

If you have never tripped before I advise eating them in a safe, secure place like your house and waiting through the come up. Then, if things are cool and you want to go walk around, okay, go for it.

The city is not the place I would choose to trip, let's put it that way

Good vibes to you brother, just be smart & safe

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #8624157 - 07/12/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

if its your first time, trip in the house. you dont know how you will handle things yet, and believe it or not, the most amazing trip i've had took place in an apartment. a trip in nature is a beautiful thing, but not necessary for a wonderful trip. tripping in ghetto places is kinda weird, especially when you are just walking around. you look far from sober and if anybody tried to fuck with you, you could have a terrible trip.

as for dosage, get a scale. i bought a $40 digital scale from a gas station, its served me very well. you might be able to find one cheaper than that, too. very well worth it to know how much you not only got, but are about to take. anything anybody told you about measuring shrooms with fingers is bullshit.

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: uber_aj]
    #8624168 - 07/12/08 01:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

&NR=1

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: gethyn]
    #8624170 - 07/12/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thought this was the right time for such a clip:crazy2:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

OfflineStoop Kid
Stranger
    #8624197 - 07/12/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I paid $40 for this:

There's three long stems, one a bit thicker than the others, and three other smaller pieces.

Also, is it bad that they get bruised?

OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery

#8624219 - 07/12/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

your gtg eat up trip face have fun my man.. might be .3-.5 short but it seems all good and dandy. blue bruising is a plus

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #8624234 - 07/12/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stoop Kid said:
I paid $40 for this:

There's three long stems, one a bit thicker than the others, and three other smaller pieces.

Also, is it bad that they get bruised?

Looks like that might be an 8th. 40 bucks is a little steep but believable. Is that all you have for the both of you? If so just split the bag. Of course getting a hold of a scale is much better then listening to my guesses.

I'd also say that staying in the apartment for the come-up is a good idea, once you feel the effects you might feel like going outside and exploring. Have a good one. :mushroom2:

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineStoop Kid
Stranger
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8624248 - 07/12/08 02:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Haha, well what happened was that I met this dude from out of town at a concert, and he sold me the rest of what he had minus one while he was still coming down.  No kinds of measurements involved.  So I don't know how reliable that price is to go by.  I knew I was probably getting slightly ripped off but whatever...

I mean I'm thinking that if this guy only wanted one, if it was good enough for him, then I should be ok with just one.  But I do like the idea of delving as deep into it as possible the first time so maybe I will split the whole thing with my friend.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #8624434 - 07/12/08 06:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Eat the whole bag and it will not matter where you trip; you will be in la la land while your body resides elsewhere:zoom:

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: satyr]
    #8625585 - 07/12/08 01:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i live right in the center of a huge urban area.  There are quite a few things to do.  I like to ride my bicycle down town while i trip.  It really depends on where you are at, how much you take, mindset/mood, and you and your buddies interests.  I like the park too.  On Saturday nights the park always has public events at night.  Like last time they brought in a HUGE movie screen and showed jurassic park in the amphitheater.  It was awesome.  Music is always good too.  I just like to ride around and take pictures with my camera most of the time though.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8625596 - 07/12/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i was going to say looks like it might be slightly more than an eigth, maybe even up to 5g.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineImperialCactus
Stranger

#8625901 - 07/12/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Next time you get a chance, or if you even have time before you dose, go to your local headshop and ask for one of those little hanging scales. Small enough to easily fit in a pocket, and roughly accurate to around 1 gram, a little less if you have the patience for it. Best part is they cost around $5, it's good enough for what you need. Anyone who buys and does stuff like this probably should have one of those at the least.

OfflineStoop Kid
Stranger
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: ImperialCactus]
    #8626201 - 07/12/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, I bought a cheap non-digital scale just to give myself a rough idea of what I have.  The kind that's marked by every 5 grams.  And it's somewhere in the middle of 5 and 10, or a little over an eighth.  So I plan on eating half and letting my friend decide for herself how much she wants of the remainder.  And I decided to stick around my house.  Thank you everybody for your advice.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #8626314 - 07/12/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like fun man, happy tripping :mushroom2:

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinechris92346
Stranger

#8626501 - 07/12/08 06:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gethyn said:
Thought this was the right time for such a clip:crazy2:

Trip magazine? LOL

Never knew there was such a thing.  Thought it was a joke but it really exists!  Maybe I need a new subscription.

Offlinechris92346
Stranger

#8626526 - 07/12/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Just to test your scale drop a nickle on it, should be 5 grams.  If you want to test it even further dollar bills should way 1 gram.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Advice for newbies in the city [Re: chris92346]
    #8627452 - 07/12/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i am winrar

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag