Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewissper
The Mushroom Man (in training)
Male User Gallery

Re: Concerned About My Poo [Re: jeetered]
    #8630513 - 07/13/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I'd ditch the incubator tub unless your house is really cold.  I initially thought I needed to use one of those and put my jars in an incubator just like that outside in the laundry room which peaked out at a temp of around 90 on a hot day.  That was a REALLY bad move on my part as it either invited contams or just killed the myc due to overheating internally within the jar.  Out of 10 jars I got 2 viable brf.  Might have been something else, but all the research I did since then says no incubation other than room temp and a dark place.  Just take into account that the myc will also generate it's own heat during colonization so that will raise the temperature above what room temp is as well.  Shoot for around 76-78 and you'll be golden I would think.

Before I found a good spot for mine I took one of those digital thermometers that has a min/max temp reading on it as well as current temp and checked the various closets to see what the ideal spot would be.  That helped a lot in finding the right conditions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenicebloomers
the bro
 User Gallery

Re: Concerned About My Poo [Re: jeetered]
    #8630687 - 07/13/08 07:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i think i prefer straw/hpoo over plain hpoo anyday.  i think it helps let the mycelium breathe a bit more when you have straw in the poo.  worked great for me.  crumbled a few caked in a food processor, pasterized poo, cut up straw squeezed to capacity let cool and mix in with cake crumble.  id suggest using straw but go with what works best for you

OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
Re: Concerned About My Poo [Re: nicebloomers]
    #8631034 - 07/13/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the roadkill tek is talking about incubating the casings not the substrate colonization.  Let colonize at room temp till all the poo <that generates heat> colonize.  Then apply casing and incubate it if you want.  It will sometimes shave a day off your jump into fruiting mode.

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix