Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: THC is THC [Re: TM]
    #8628044 - 07/13/08 02:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like an interesting experiment.  OF course it would have to be done numerous times to rule out any dumb luck possibility but I am sure you wouldn't mind tripping in the name of science eh? :smirk:

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: THC is THC [Re: Legend9123]
    #8628059 - 07/13/08 03:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Legend9123 said:
Sounds like an interesting experiment.  OF course it would have to be done numerous times to rule out any dumb luck possibility but I am sure you wouldn't mind tripping in the name of science eh? :smirk:

SURE!  I'd do it three times in 6 weeks, in the name of science, but I'd pray not to ever get the same strain twice... I'd like it to be a totally enjoyable experience without repetition.

Of course, I'd have to be the one to prepare the doses, and put them all in identical cups, then mark them (under supervision), have the other party change the makings to THEIR own code (out of my view), then arrange them on the table.

No cheating! No mixing! This is to be an HONEST test!  The only problem is, I only have 3 of the 5 mentioned strains and only about 3 grams of GT. :shrug:

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#8628065 - 07/13/08 03:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I am sure it could be made to work.  IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE, DO IT!  Actually I might go ahead and try this out here over the next month or two.  If I do it I will report back and let you know my results.

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8628093 - 07/13/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well, there are a few Shroomerites who live near me who MIGHT be willing to be the control group, but I'd have to grow the
strains myself to be positive they're the right ones and I've had really bad luck with the Trich on all of my last attempts at fruiting.

I can fill a hundred jars of rye berries with mycelium, but getting pins before green (toothpaste) is a rarity. :frown:

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#8628106 - 07/13/08 03:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have four of the five and would be willing to grow the other and report full results to aid in data.

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8628108 - 07/13/08 03:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

As an example, I've done Golden Teachers three times and EVERY time, the two primary colors are orange and green, secondary color
is white and the primary shape is similar to this, but not as pointy:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8628111 - 07/13/08 03:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ive smoked over 420 strains and i no 4 sure they vary very widely in highs smells appearance etc.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8628118 - 07/13/08 03:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Legend9123 said:
I have four of the five and would be willing to grow the other and report full results to aid in data.

I suppose you could do it on your own, just mark the cups and tape over the marks and mix 'em up, then pick one.

Which one are you missing?

--------------------

OfflineLegend9123
Male

#8628137 - 07/13/08 04:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Stropharia.

--------------------
-Benjamin Franklin

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: THC is THC [Re: Coaster]
    #8628142 - 07/13/08 04:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This is for the original poster...

Weed does have different highs for sure, as everyone has pointed out already there are many more chemicals in weed other than THC.

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) gets a user high, a larger THC content will produce a stronger high. Without THC you don't get high.

CBD (Cannabidiol) increases some of the effects of THC and decreases other effects of THC. High levels of THC and low levels of CBD will produce a strong, clear headed, more energetic high.

Weed that has a high level of both THC and CBD will produce a strong head-stone that feels almost dreamlike. Weed that has low levels of THC and high levels of CBD produces more of a buzz or stoned feeling. The mind feels dull and the body feels tired.

CBN (Cannabinol) is produced as THC ages and breaks down, this process is known as oxidization. High levels of CBN tend to make the user feel messed up rather than high.

THCV (Tetrahydrocannabivarin) is found primarily in strains of African and Asian bud. THCV increases the speed and intensity of THC effects, but also causes the high to end sooner. Weed that smells strong (prior to smoking) might indicate a high level of THCV.

So as a general rule of thumb...Sativas usually have lower levels of CBD and higher levels of THC which makes a buzzing, cerebral, sometimes psychedelic high . Indicas have higher amounts of CBD and lower amounts of THC, producing a sedative, relaxing, stoned couchlock type high .

There are a few other chemicals but those are the basics...I think it is amazing how all the cannabinoids work together to produce such a wide range of possible "effects"...

Hope you learned something :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8628195 - 07/13/08 04:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Legend9123 said:
Stropharia.

Ahh... My favorite one of ALL!

Those I have! (some of, anyway). Best (most detailed) visuals I've ever seen. Primary colors are green and pink (secondary red and blue) and with the right music, AWESOMELY detailed psychedelics with lots of gold and silver. ("Sunlight on Chrome" as Geddy sings in "Red Barchetta".) Listening to the long (11 min.) version of "Time Has Come Today" is MIND BLOWING on most cubes but totally JAW-DROPPINGLY GORGEOUS on these.

I assume you've done each of the others at least once, no?

Did you notice that the main reason Pink Buffalo is called that is because pretty much all of the colors you see are various shades of pink from almost red to almost orange?!

Maz primary colors are green and purple and have a very emotional, friendly, sort of togetherness feel, like a spiritual trip.  Great shrooms to do with a close friend or two.

Malabar are extremely 3-D with primary colors of red and yellow (secondary white and green), varied OBVIOUS 3-D shapes, cubes, spheres, etc., morphing into each-other. They are also very energetic! My second-favorite strain.

Dude, do your own tests and see if you see what I see... Anyone who can't tell the differences PLAINLY between strains of cubes is missing out on something totally wonderful.

There is a downside to being able to notice these differences, however... There are BAD and UNDESIRABLE strains with awful characteristics that make you feel shitty, angry, disappointed, just wanting it to end.

For me, those are:

Blue Meanie Cubensis (They divide your brain in half far too intensely!)

Ecuador (They have almost no visuals to notice except some blue and yellow wavy lines and they make you feel angry and are a total mind-fuck. "Think THIS! Now think THAT! Nevermind, THINK THIS!! UGGH!!)

PESH (The main pattern is so large, you get no possible detail in the visuals... VERY frustrating, therefore making you uncomfortable and wishing you never ate them. Same as the other 2.

--------------------

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: THC is THC [Re: openmind]
    #8628201 - 07/13/08 04:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

e

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 08:04 PM)

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: THC is THC [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #8628218 - 07/13/08 05:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

centrum said:
THC is THC, but then you have to account for the numerous other cannabinoids in various ratio's.

One weed will bring you up then make you all high and dry later.

Then a really good sativa will keep you from sleeping almost like speed.

Then there is the body high, no body high, one makes you salivate, one makes gives you cotton mouth.

One will have you hearing things and one will have you seeing lights.  One will stink the whole house up and one will not.

So you see weed is not so 2d.

QFT

Sativa is an UP high, whereas Indica is couch-lock weed, they all gimme dry-mouth though, and they all make me feel stupid.

Weed has only two advantages for me... (1) It lets me concentrate on ONE thing very intensely when smoked by itself and (2) it amplifies whatever other drug I'm on by at least 3x.

--------------------

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8628387 - 07/13/08 07:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i wanna cock slap the OP

for making this topic

ridiculously uninformed

and he/she should get headbutted

do all types of flowers smell the same?

do all types of apples taste the same ?

use ur brain kid

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: THC is THC [Re: psychejam]
    #8628417 - 07/13/08 07:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Last time I read an article on this they had discovered 140 active cannabinoid variations.

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #8628429 - 07/13/08 07:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blue and yellow wavy lines

spot on :smile: i see those wavy lines too every time i eat the ecuadorian strain. strange.

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: THC is THC [Re: Arp]
    #8628449 - 07/13/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Arp said:
Quote:

blue and yellow wavy lines

spot on :smile: i see those wavy lines too every time i eat the ecuadorian strain. strange.

Not strange at all! You just happen to be one of the people who is able to see the distinctive difference in trip characteristics between different strains of cubensis! :congrats:

People who say "a cube is a cube is a cube" are either blind to psychedelics, or just plain ignorant, or have a disorder that prevents them from telling the difference.

No need to do my test. I know of what I speak. You just proved it.

Thank you.

--------------------

Offlinepsychejam
Musician

Loc: Surfers Paradise, Queensl...
Re: THC is THC [Re: openmind]
    #8628562 - 07/13/08 08:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the info, man. I've known for a while that the marijuana high is comprised of certain other chemicals, but I didn't believe that they made much of a difference to the high.

Thanks for clearing that up. If i've come away with anything after creating this thread, it would be a broadened knowledge in the field of cannabis. Which is kind of what I set out for. :smile:

--------------------
"You mean we're smoking dog shit, man?!"

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: THC is THC [Re: psychejam]
    #8628587 - 07/13/08 09:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

woah.

actually read the responses and shit

good job :thumbup:

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

#8628600 - 07/13/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

lol this is the best troll ever.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate