Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Just exposed myself to mold.
    #5441188 - 03/25/06 02:12 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

If anyone has anything to say on this the quicker I get responses the better:
A while ago I left some material in a tupperware container hoping to dry it out and reuse it, but forgot about it.

I just came across the container today and opened it slightly before really looking at the insides and was hit with a nasty funky smell and the contents were covered in a white fluffy mold.

My first idea was to throw it away but perhaps the contents were not entirely the kinds of things that certain officials would look highly upon you for having in your garbage.

I covered my face with a shirt and washed the tupperware out, emptied the stuff into the drain (and this is not mushroom related i don't know if mushroom mold has anything to do with mold danger/safety?) and then cleaned the sink with lysol and used some ethyl alcohol hand sanitizer to clean my hands.

Then I threw the cleaned tupperware away.

Now. I'm taking amoxicillin and have been all this week for a sinus/chest infection which is starting to get a lot clearer..... so I figure if by some small chance I inhaled mold spores or they were on my hands and somehow got ingested...... I should be okay?

It doesn't seem like a big deal to me really but I do remember reading about someone's grow that got contaminated and he got a real bad infection from inhaling the mold.

Should I be okay? If my health is in danger what should I do? Is my place "contaminated" are there mold spores in the air that would be dangerous to other visitors? Is my sink okay?

I really should have just thrown it away I suppose though I still inhaled the smell either way.

my reasoning is that people leave things around to collect mold all the time, especially in refrigerators etc.... in fact I have done so too, leaving fruit around too long.... that I should be fine.

I probably also have mold growing in my bathroom which I've tried to bleach out and it hasn't killed me....

I just want to make sure I'll be okay though, as this was a shitload of mold.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (03/25/06 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: Just exposed myself to mold. [Re: leery11]
    #8613167 - 07/09/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

lol bump.

PLEASE THE QUICKER YOU TELL HIM HE'S NOT GONNA DIE THE BETTER.

InvisibleBaeosistine
ڜڭۑۄڴڡڟژۻۼئٹ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: Just exposed myself to mold. [Re: leery11]
    #8625399 - 07/12/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

amoxicillin is an antibiotic and has nothing to do with mold whatsoever.

Most mold is harmless. Some is dangerous. TBH I would be more worried about the mold in your bathroom. Cleaning it with bleach might release harmful compounds. You need to get some ventilation in there, and reduce the humidity to stop it growing

--------------------
jesus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies