Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
College
    #8623454 - 07/11/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm finally returning to school in August, at last my life is on track again. I'll be studying biology, I think I'll go far with it.

Since I don't socialize on the shroomery all too often, please tell me what you all are going to school for.

Share your story it would be most appreciated :grin:

--------------------

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here." - Richard Dawkins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: College [Re: wyldeman007]
    #8623491 - 07/11/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Cool!  Biology is a great subject.

You wanna hear my story huh?  Im in the mood, so here it goes...

I dropped out of school freshman year and did the whole drug addict/probation/crime/bum thing until I was about 18.  I got my GED, and took some classes with zoology in mind since I love animals.  I didnt really know what I was doing, and went to community college off and on for a few years.  My major morphed into biology, but I became displeased with it and dropped it.  I was nearly 23 when I discovered physics.  I always had negative notions about physics because everybody else does (physics, uggg).  But when I discovered what it was actually about I was enthralled.  Time dilation, tunneling, particle/wave duality, space-time...  its real tripped out stuff when you think about it, which is why it suits a fry head like me so well.

Now I will be graduating in a year, and only have one semester of physics classes left.  Im looking to go to grad school in a year hopefully.

Well thats my college situation...  :nerd:

Have fun with the biology, are you going in minnesota?

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: College [Re: DieCommie]
    #8623504 - 07/11/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm attempting to major in Theatre. I'm doing good as far as classes go, I'm just wondering how far a Theatre degree will take me. If I can't decide on a specefic goal by the time I'm 25, I'll probably enlist in the army.

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: College [Re: Boots]
    #8623561 - 07/11/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I have a business degree from arizona state university.  It's a great school!  However, I am planning on going back to get a masters degree in architecture soon.  Good luck in school!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: College [Re: DieCommie]
    #8623572 - 07/11/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Physics is my second choice, very cool indeed... Yes go for that doctorate then you can move to Geneva and find the Higgs particle!

Your life sounds suspiciously familiar... I went through all that... YEEK!
Right now I'm getting the generals at community college price, in 2 years I'll transfer to U of M for my B.S. and hopefully if all goes well move on to graduate school?!

What field of physics grabs you the most, the world of the large, small or STRINGY:)??

--------------------

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here." - Richard Dawkins

Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: College [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8623583 - 07/11/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You could literally build your own business!
Oh and thanks man..:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Male User Gallery

#8623591 - 07/11/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wyldeman007 said:
You could literally build your own business!
Oh and thanks man..:thumbup:

That's the idea.  While completing my senior thesis I got exposed very heavily to sustainability studies.  This is going to be a huge field in the future.  Sustainable design.  Anyway, i also went through the community college to get my gen ed classes out of the way cheap.  Do really good in CC and apply for all sorts of scholarships.  Shit man, my CC gpa was about 3.7 and i ended up getting all my tuition paid for at ASU (about 23k for 2 yrs).  It sounds like you're on the right track.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: College [Re: Boots]
    #8623593 - 07/11/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The performing arts are very foreign to me, I did play in a band for a bit though! Good luck with your aspirations sir!

Keep em comin' people this community is bursting with character!

--------------------

Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

#8623605 - 07/11/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice man! Now what Exactly is sustainable design? Sounds interesting.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Male User Gallery

#8623618 - 07/11/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Haha, that's a whole series of textbooks all in itself.  Here's a good background on it.  Green living, essentially.  What is the best way to build a residence with the smallest environmental footprint? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_design

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

#8623624 - 07/11/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Haha, that's a whole series of textbooks all in itself.  Here's a good background on it.  Green living, essentially.  What is the best way to build a residence with the smallest environmental footprint? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_design

:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order