Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNorthEast
Stranger
New Grower Looking For Advice
    #6563783 - 02/13/07 05:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all,

I'm a first-time grower and I'm currently in the process of researching and planning out my first grow. I've been reading through the Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook and have learned a ton. Also, I've been reading through the forum here as well as a bunch of grow guides.

I'm going to start with a PF Tek grow I think because it seems like the easiest and cheapest to get started with. Cost is a big factor for me so I'm trying to avoid buying a pressure cooker until I get more experience growing mushrooms.

My biggest problem thus far in the planning stage has been deciding what grow guide/information to follow. There seems to conflicting advice all over the place. Also, there seems to be a million different ways to do a PF Tek grow.

I live in Ontario, who is very Northern compared to a lot of you and it's a climate that I'm guessing is not very conductive to mushroom growth due to the low temperatures.

Questions:
1. What PF Tek Grow Guide should I follow? Do I need to make any changes to the method?
2. What's a good strain to start out with? Right now I'm thinking of using Z-Strain but I'm open to advice.
3. Is there anything else I should know before I dive into this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleitsbreck
Crunk
Male
Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: NorthEast]
    #6563798 - 02/13/07 05:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

the pf tek for simple minds is fine. Z-strain will perform like most other cubensis strains, doesnt matter which strain you get, just get something from ralphsters...2 for the price of one if you request the strain of the month (this month is the African Transkei, i believe)

all of the info you need to get started is in the grow guides and FAQ section of this site.
Also, search the forum any time you run into a problem, and you will find tons of answers.

--------------------
:psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
    #6563902 - 02/13/07 06:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

PF Tek For Simple Minds - Ecuador - SporeWorks *

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: LayYouIn]
    #6564013 - 02/13/07 06:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i never really got into the PF method, only tried it once then when to grain, but as for what strain to start with, a cube is a cube its all just personal prefference. and i would go w/ ralphster to get your spores. hes an awsome vendor and if you have any problems he will do whatever he can to fix them as fast as posible, and he ships out of canada. and he also has the strain of the month like said above. but any sponsored vendor from this site is trustworthy. just if you do deside to go with ralphsters make sure you click on the link in the sponsors page becuase there is a rip off site that tried to copy ralphsters name to sell spores and they suck. ralphsters site is http://www.ralphstersspores.com/ .

hope this helps ya out some.
l8r,
will

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlineoppression
potsmokeshroompopngunnut
 User Gallery

Loc: south of the mason dixion...
Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #6564076 - 02/13/07 06:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:
i never really got into the PF method, only tried it once then when to grain, but as for what strain to start with, a cube is a cube its all just personal prefference. and i would go w/ ralphster to get your spores. hes an awsome vendor and if you have any problems he will do whatever he can to fix them as fast as posible, and he ships out of canada. and he also has the strain of the month like said above. but any sponsored vendor from this site is trustworthy. just if you do deside to go with ralphsters make sure you click on the link in the sponsors page becuase there is a rip off site that tried to copy ralphsters name to sell spores and they suck. ralphsters site is http://www.ralphstersspores.com/ .

hope this helps ya out some.
l8r,
will

Ralphsters is the way to go there specials rock! As far as wanting to do it on the cheap grains really dont cost that much in the way of setup if you use your imagnation and be creative with the stuff you already have around the house, I guess what Im tryin to say is I wouldnt mess with the cakes becuase youll prolly end up doing grain anyway, so just go to grain.

--------------------
‘Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or ill, it teaches the whole people by its example.’"

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: oppression]
    #6564146 - 02/13/07 07:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

grains are way cheaper than BRF

1 lb. bag of brown rice flour is like $3

rye and millet are about $1 per lb.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: Nashbar]
    #6564203 - 02/13/07 07:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

he said he dosent want to do grain becuase he cant afford a PC yet.  25 lbs. WBS 5$ is the way to go!!  :gethigh:

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Invisibleitsbreck
Crunk
Male
Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #6564235 - 02/13/07 07:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

or 45lbs for 8 dollars at petsmart.

--------------------
:psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

Offline_Silence_
Silence
Male

Loc: West Coast
    #8622123 - 07/11/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The magic MMGG is a great pf tek as well as RR's lets grow mushrooms dvd.

I have found that pf classic and golden teachers are great for beginners.

PF is notourious as the beginner tek because its easy but imo you would be just as well off starting with a growbag. They come already prepared so no need for a pressure cooker plus you skip buying all the supplies for pf tek that you will most likely ditch later! PF tek is good for learning the life cycle of shrooms but so is a bag. You just order it, inject it, and watch it grow! They usually run anywhere from 8$ a piece to 15$ plus shipping.

Good Luck!

--------------------

" We will come to find that we are all one mind "

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Loc: B.F.E
Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: _Silence_]
    #8622300 - 07/11/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough."
-William Blake-

The most simple method of growing mushrooms:
www.mushroomvideos.com

MultiSync's lazy bastard print/syringe guide

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #8622391 - 07/11/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NorthEast said:
Hey all,

I'm a first-time grower and I'm currently in the process of researching and planning out my first grow.  I've been reading through the Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook and have learned a ton.  Also, I've been reading through the forum here as well as a bunch of grow guides.

You've been reading/researching?  Odd.

Welcome, I wish you all the best and hope you stick around!  Question #1) Opinions vary. Many say that cakes are good for beginners. Just as many think that bulk is as easy with a better work-to-reward ratio. Kind of whatever you feel comfortable with. I'd follow your chosen tek to success before I tried making my own adjustments. (Just to learn/see the whole spore-to-shroom process.)  Question #2) I absolutely agree with itsbreck; use Ralphsters and go for the deal of the day! Question #3) This hobby can be easily the most frustrating thing you have ever done and you will not be able to stop....      I'm giving you five for reading first!

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: New Grower Looking For Advice [Re: _Silence_]
    #8623163 - 07/11/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

this is an old thread...

(1 year, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag