Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleChronic7
Identification
    #8621531 - 07/11/08 12:04 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

We all want to be part of something so identify with certain groups, friends, family, aquired personality from books, films, music, we identify as our cultural programming. All these things we identify with are objects that come & pass, then we greive they're loss & cling to new objects to identify with.

We identify because we want to feel part of something.

Every one is aching to "be one" with some thing else.
Deep inside every single being is an aching to "be one with", it can be with food, a sexual partner, any object.

You can be one with everything in the universe if you stop trying to find things to identify with.

No object will ever satisfy you. Not even your husband, wife, children, or job will really fulfill you, so free yourself from identification with all these transient objects, be comfortable to have no identity and see what happens...

Just try this if you are open minded and genuinely seek the non objective truth of existence.

:rose:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Identification [Re: Chronic7]
    #8621552 - 07/11/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just try this if you are open minded and genuinely seek the non objective truth of existence.

What is with all the instruction...??  You fail to realize that this is your identity.  At least here.  Its easy to SEE.  IMO.  You make your own Mooji video...??  Why not??

You can be one with everything in the universe if you stop trying to find things to identify with.

Funny.  I identify with the universe by trying to identify with its many expressions.  Ignoring it all seems far too passive an existence.  I guess if thats the Truth for you...  My Truth does not agree.:sorry:

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Identification [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8621610 - 07/11/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

backfromthedead said:

What is with all the instruction...??  You fail to realize that this is your identity.

Im making a suggestion for people to try, if they are open to it, you make it sound like im forcing this on you!?

"you fail to realize that this is your identity."

What is my identity? (you seem to know?)

Sitting here typing trying to help others is happening, i dont identify with that, a post happened & i can say "I" wrote the post or "I" suggest this or that, it doesnt mean ive identified with it :cool:

Nothing i can say, do, "instruct", gain or lose defines what I Am.

A great sage once said "dont identify, others will do it for you" like i post here, you identify me as Chronic the weirdo hippy wanna be enlightened dude, but i dont identify with any thing!
You identify me for me!

:peace:

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8621663 - 07/11/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you make it sound like im forcing this on you!?

Dude...  Every post is some similar 'suggestion.'  Am I wrong??  Don't make me go through your posts and make a pamphlet for everyone to prove this.:tongue2:

What is my identity? (you seem to know?)

In an online community...  Where its very possible to review a person's post history...  You quickly develop a 'persona' or 'identity.'  I'm not saying that this is the extent of who you are.  Its just that you choose this mode of writing style and thought.  That is your identity for those who only read your words.  Am I wrong??  How else would others know you??

it doesnt mean ive identified with it :cool:

:lol:
It is, imo, an expression of your developing identity, no??  Your words, your thought...  Um...

Nothing i can say, do, "instruct", gain or lose defines what I Am.

I am not saying that your words indicate who you might be...  They just give people a good idea, thats all.:lol:  I'm sure some people think your ideas are right on the money.  I value some things you say...  But at times you come off just like Mooji/Moojiji...  Fraudulent and aloof.  Saying nothing really of immediate importance to me.

but i dont identify with any thing!

I don't know how many times you've referred to Mooji/Moojij, or enlightenment, or Buddhist practices...  Tell me that you don't identify with these things.  Please.:blazed:

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #8621729 - 07/11/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

backfromthedead said:

It is, imo, an expression of your developing identity, no??  Your words, your thought...  Um...

I don't know how many times you've referred to Mooji/Moojij, or enlightenment, or Buddhist practices...  Tell me that you don't identify with these things.  Please.:blazed:

I don't identify with these things :grin:
Occasionaly identity slips back but it has nothing to stick to, it just slips away as fast as it comes.

You can highlight all of my posts and see a developing identity for sure, for years i even believed in the identity, although now i see that identity was delusional, now i cant even find who identified!

Im not saying people who identify are stupid idiots.
Its obvious & 100% rational to identify with objects like the body, thoughts & conditioning.
But the obvious goes unquestioned. We don't question "rational" thought.
We look everywhere except where the power of looking comes from, because the looking is outward!

I make sugestions all the time because i feel an urge to help, i dont see any problem with this, i know some people take it as preachy but whatever the message is truly sincerely heartfelt.

:peace:

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #8622146 - 07/11/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't identify with these things

If you were not identified with your personality/thought process you would not be saying all the things that you do. 

You are identified with language, the way you speak it and the way you project it just goes to show.  All of us here are identified with various aspects of ourselves to some degree. 

If identification to language was transceneded, it would not be spoken.  To express language, identification to the personality structure is essential.  No language to identify = no words to speak.  "Satgurus" have been said to experience states of amnesia/obe's during intense meditation.  They forget language, and cannot speak coherently because they are not identified with it to a certain degree. 

Occasionaly identity slips back but it has nothing to stick to, it just slips away as fast as it comes.

These words you speak are a mirror image of what exists within you.  The personality you project is a reflection of the process which goes on within your mind.  In order for you to project yourself this way, identification to the process in which you express is required. 

We can practise meditation to loosen the bolts of identification, and to make it a little more translucent so it can be seen through in varying degrees, but to completely transcend it is a completely different story.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8622255 - 07/11/08 03:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
We all want to be part of something so identify with certain groups, friends, family, aquired personality from books, films, music, we identify as our cultural programming. All these things we identify with are objects that come & pass, then we greive they're loss & cling to new objects to identify with.

Deep inside every single being is an aching to "be one with", it can be with food, a sexual partner, any object.

I hate it when people start a comment with "We all"
such an assuption is galling.

identification itself is part of the basic function of association which is what the mind does.

the mind performs association
memory is the result of associated mental forms
you may or may not yet know your own mind

i think you like to bring people along with your latest intellectual passion
this is a bit frustrating (for you - my assumption).

anyway I wish you would not assume that "we all" anything.
but do continue to look at mind.
this is good, and I know you know.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #8622948 - 07/11/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
We all want to be part of something so identify with certain groups, friends, family, acquired personality from books, films, music, we identify as our cultural programming.

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
I make suggestions all the time because i feel an urge to help, i don't see any problem with this, i know some people take it as preachy but whatever the message is truly sincerely heartfelt.

Aren't your actions of "help" just "you" finding vindications in your own beliefs by having yourself identify that others may also believe this....?
Thus firmly planting you in the identification group you first started with, and what you are ultimately and seemingly trying to escape from....?

It seems like a vicious cycle of circular recycled arcs going round and round, then proclaiming it is a square, and different....  :ohwell:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Identification *DELETED* [Re: Chronic7]
    #8623171 - 07/11/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by LunarEclipse

Reason for deletion: idnttt

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: Identification [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #8623176 - 07/11/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I kiss em.:lol::thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Identification [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #8623185 - 07/11/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I dent titty fixation....  :tongue:

>^;;^<

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Identification [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8623225 - 07/11/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

natural is better than fixed
titty speaking

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #8623257 - 07/11/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Why do you identify yourself with another, with a group, with a country? Why do you call yourself a Christian, a Hindu, a Buddhist, or why do you belong to one of the innumerable sects? Religiously and politically one identifies oneself with this or with that group through tradition or habit, through impulse, prejudice, imitation and laziness. This identification puts an end to all creative understanding, and then one becomes a mere tool in the hands of the party boss, the priest or the favoured leader.
    The other day someone said that he was a "Krishnamurti-ite," whereas so-and-so belonged to another group. As he was saying it, he was utterly unconscious of the implications of this identification. He was not by any means a foolish person; he was well read. cultured and all the rest of it. Nor was he sentimental or emotional over the matter; on the contrary, he was clear and definite.
    Why had he become a "Krishnamurti-ite"? He had followed others, belonged to many wearisome groups and organizations, and at last found himself identified with this particular person. From what he said, it appeared that the journey was over. He had taken a stand and that was the end of the matter; he had chosen, and nothing could shake him. He would now comfortably settle down and follow eagerly all that had been said and was going to be said.
    When we identify ourselves with another, is that an indication of love? Does identification imply experimentation? Does not identification put an end to love and to experiment? Identification, surely, is possession, the assertion of ownership; and ownership denies love, does it not? To own is to be secure; possession is defence, making oneself invulnerable. In identification there is resistance, whether gross or subtle; and is love a form of self-protective resistance? Is there love when there is defence?
    Love is vulnerable, pliable, receptive; it is the highest form of sensitivity, and identification makes for insensitivity. Identification and love do not go together, for the one destroys the other. Identification is essentially a thought process by which the mind safeguards and expands itself; and in becoming something it must resist and defend, it must own and discard. In this process of becoming, the mind or the self grows tougher and more capable; but this is not love. Identification destroys freedom, and only in freedom can there be the highest form of sensitivity.
    To experiment, need there be identification? Does not the very act of identification put an end to inquiry, to discovery? The happiness that truth brings cannot be if there is no experimentation in self-discovery. Identification puts an end to discovery; it is another form of laziness. Identification is vicarious experience, and hence utterly false.
    To experience, all identification must cease. To experiment, there must be no fear. Fear prevents experience. It is fear that makes for identification - identification with another, with a group, with an ideology, and so on. Fear must resist, suppress; and in a state of self-defence, how can there be venturing on the uncharted sea? Truth or happiness cannot come without undertaking the journey into the ways of the self. You cannot travel far if you are anchored. Identification is a refuge. A refuge needs protection, and that which is protected is soon destroyed. Identification brings destruction upon itself, and hence the constant conflict between various identifications.
    The more we struggle for or against identification, the greater is the resistance to understanding. If one is aware of the whole process of identification, outward as well as inner, if one sees that its outward expression projected by the inner demand, then there is a possibility of discovery and happiness. He who has identified himself can never know freedom, in which alone all truth comes into being. -- J. Krishnamurti

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8623319 - 07/11/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
I dent titty fixation....  :tongue:

>^;;^<

Dude...??  Their not to suck on...??  I swear thats what they're for...:lol:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#8623327 - 07/11/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That is the "fixation" part....    :wink:

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8623436 - 07/11/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I thought you meant you put a dent in it...  Interesting.  Now you got me all thinking erect nipples and things.  Yikes.  I think the shroomery needs a dating forum.  Now that would be smashing.:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#8623465 - 07/11/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever taken a drink from a container while making a seal on it with your lips....?
If you suck hard enough, it makes a dent in the container....!    :tongue:

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
    #8623599 - 07/11/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've never really thought of who I identify with. In high school, I wasn't really part of any clique. I was right between the popular kids and the losers.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8624531 - 07/12/08 07:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:

No object will ever satisfy you. Not even your husband, wife, children, or job will really fulfill you, so free yourself from identification with all these transient objects, be comfortable to have no identity and see what happens...

:rose:

I tried it and it was impossible. :tongue:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8624801 - 07/12/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Have you ever taken a drink from a container while making a seal on it with your lips....?
If you suck hard enough, it makes a dent in the container....!    :tongue:

>^;;^<

I see.:grin:

Fake tigolbitties gots dem mannequin skin ripples when they hang...  Dang.:thumbdown:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom