Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’
    #8617428 - 07/10/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday shut the door on expanding oil and gas drilling beyond areas that have already been approved for energy exploration, drawing a clear distinction from her counterparts in charge of the Senate.

“This call for drilling in areas that are protected is a hoax, it’s an absolute hoax on the part of the Republicans and this administration”

Pelosi said at her weekly press conference. “It’s a decoy to punt your attention away from the fact that their policies have produced $4-a-gallon gasoline.”

Pelosi’s stand may put her at odds with a growing number of members of the Democratic Caucus who have been moving toward possible compromises with Republicans on ways to expand domestic energy production.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Wednesday told reporters that expanded offshore drilling is not off the table, and that Democrats will take a look at whether states should be able to choose to drill off their coasts. “I’m not knee-jerk-opposed to anything,” Reid said.

Pelosi and other Democratic leaders also unveiled another series of proposals to deal with the energy and gas price crisis, and renewed their calls for immediate drilling on nearly 100 million domestic acres already approved for exploration. They also called for Bush to release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Democrats are renewing their push for energy companies to “use or lose” the lands they already have leased. New proposals include requiring the Bureau of Land Management to speed up the leasing of approved areas; to reconstitute the ban on the export of American oil; and to urge the completion of the Alaskan oil and gas pipelines.

Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) also said committee work is being completed on bills to curtail excessive speculation in the oil commodity markets.

Democrats would not say when these bills would be ready for floor consideration.

Within minutes of the completion of the press conference, House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) took to the floor to again criticize Democrats for dodging votes on energy bills, charging that Democrats are avoiding votes on the opening up of the Artic National Wildlife Refuge and the OCS.

Hoyer soon followed to retort, saying he and Democratic leaders have for weeks been urging for drilling on approved acres, only to have those efforts blocked by Republicans.

He blamed Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney – the “two oil men in the White House” – and Republicans for setting an energy policy that has driven up gas prices and steered record profits to the energy companies.

Republicans accused the Democrats of playing a political game.

“As every serious person who has studied this issue knows, the proposals that Democrats are producing are shams and hoaxes designed to provide political cover and not to produce more American energy and lower gas prices,” Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-drilling-in-protected-areas-a-hoax-2008-07-10.html

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8617613 - 07/10/08 01:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

> “It’s a decoy to punt your attention away from the fact that their policies have produced $4-a-gallon gasoline.”

Who is in charge of congress again... the Democrat party, I believe?  Time to look in the @#$#ing mirror.  Oh, by the way, how is the old approval rating for members of congress doing lately?  All time low in the history of the US, I believe?  The republican party certainly has a large (50% or so) of the blame, but the Democrat party takes the other half.  Anybody that denies their parties culpability should not be reelected.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: Seuss]
    #8617706 - 07/10/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Pelosi: ‘With Skyrocketing Gas Prices, Americans Can No Longer Afford Rubber Stamp Congress’

Monday, April 24, 2006

Washington, D.C. – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement today on President Bush’s and the Republican Congress’ empty rhetoric on gas prices"

"With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress and its failure to stand up to Republican big oil and gas company cronies. Americans this week are paying $2.91 a gallon on average for regular gasoline – 33 cents higher than last month, and double the price than when President Bush first came to office."

“With record gas prices, record CEO pay packages, and record oil company profits, Speaker Hastert and the Majority Congress continue to give the American people empty rhetoric rather than join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.”

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/press/releases/April06/Rubberstamp.html

The BITCH has been in CONTROL for two years!

Whats her plan?

:onfire:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8617888 - 07/10/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Oil prices shot higher Thursday ...

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gj_D6S_8c6pB2Iq1nB6iTer0o0sQ

OIL  jumped 5.60 dollars to close at 141.65 dollars per barrel.......

i wonder if Pelosi's comments had anthing to do with that?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
    #8617958 - 07/10/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

She's a partisan wench.  :whack:

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: dill705]
    #8617984 - 07/10/08 03:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ALL the bitches in congress are RICH! They are plying games that are not funny to us little people.

:killerrabbit:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
    #8618401 - 07/10/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Wednesday told reporters that expanded offshore drilling is not off the table, and that Democrats will take a look at whether states should be able to choose to drill off their coasts. “I’m not knee-jerk-opposed to anything,” Reid said.

Pelosi and other Democratic leaders also unveiled another series of proposals to deal with the energy and gas price crisis, and renewed their calls for immediate drilling on nearly 100 million domestic acres already approved for exploration. They also called for Bush to release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Democrats are renewing their push for energy companies to “use or lose” the lands they already have leased. New proposals include requiring the Bureau of Land Management to speed up the leasing of approved areas; to reconstitute the ban on the export of American oil; and to urge the completion of the Alaskan oil and gas pipelines.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me..  Of course, reason rarely plays a role in politics.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Offlinedeadmeat986
Stranger

Loc: BFE
Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: thedefone]
    #8618608 - 07/10/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just my 2 cents. US alone not counting canada has the largest natral gas and coal deposits in the world. period end of stroy.So you got coal and gas hummm oil was found here first i beleive.....so must be more around here then eveyone is leading on. dem say 5 years before oil make it to market.BS!!! 55 days to punch gas well and frack it to start pumping natral gas here in the Northeast. a small company can punch 3-5 wells in a summer. thats with only 2 crews 5-8 guys. So they are blow smoke up everyones A holes. and other then the water pits around the wells theres not much earth moving that would make wildlife leave or die off. heck they punch a well in the middle of a cow feild cows did not mind after they knew was not after them.its all BS hows a 8 inch hole going to upset whole ecosystem please.

--------------------

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor."

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8618921 - 07/10/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thedefone said:
Quote:

Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me..  Of course, reason rarely plays a role in politics.

Reid and Pelosi LIE.

"Oil Makes Us Sick...."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid a few days ago...

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #8618957 - 07/10/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thedefone said:
Quote:

i agree.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: Syle]
    #8619035 - 07/10/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The Democrats are full of shit.

They are only "discussing" drilling now because they are worried about a picthfork being shoved up their ass.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8619040 - 07/10/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

"Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices"

Pelosi april 2006

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8619122 - 07/10/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

They all suck.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#8619188 - 07/10/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
They all suck.

yup, but some suck less.:smirk:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

#8619217 - 07/10/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Like Obama :wink:

Gotcha :tongue2:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #8619227 - 07/10/08 08:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I like how Pelosi is distracting people with her high gas prices.

--------------------

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: Minstrel]
    #8619309 - 07/10/08 08:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

geez, these politicians filp flop constantly.  Just the other night, Pelosi was begging to have her protected area drilled.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #8619991 - 07/10/08 11:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

> Like Obama :wink:

I heard Obama quit sucking after getting suckers cramp... once Obama stopped putting out, it upset Jesse Jackson so much he was quoted as saying that he wanted to cut Obama's balls out.  Apparently Michelle is helping out, but she can't pull the load by herself.

> Gotcha :tongue2:

Good job.

> geez, these politicians filp flop constantly.

Except Obama.  He would never flip flop.  If he says he is going to repeal the patriot act, then he sticks to what he says and votes in support of the patriot act!  If he says he is going to oppose illegal wiretaping, then he stick to what he says and votes in support of illegal wiretaping!  All other politicians might flip flop and tell the public what they want to hear, but Obama has a record of being the same!  If you want four more years of Bush, be sure to vote for OBama... or McCain... or any other career politician.

From the story:
Quote:

Hoyer soon followed to retort, saying he and Democratic leaders have for weeks been urging for drilling on approved acres, only to have those efforts blocked by Republicans.

Does anybody know what the reasoning is behind the oil companies 'needing' more area for drilling when they have so much that isn't being touched?  Dropping the partisan BS and looking at this from a science/economic standpoint, what are the real pros and cons?

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Re: Pelosi: Drilling in protected areas ‘a hoax’ [Re: Seuss]
    #8631539 - 07/13/08 09:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I heard Obama quit sucking after getting suckers cramp... once Obama stopped putting out, it upset Jesse Jackson so much he was quoted as saying that he wanted to cut Obama's balls out.  Apparently Michelle is helping out, but she can't pull the load by herself.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To funny man.

I don't like this flip flop bullshit either. I think that I'm going to be researching the third party candidates in the next few weeks.

Maybe they're different :shrug:

--------------------

-Icelander-

~dill705~

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #8632386 - 07/14/08 04:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

> Maybe they're different :shrug:

If nothing else, it is a statement that we are not going to blindly vote for one of the two bad choices we are given.  Unfortunately, the US is full of a lot of blind sheep when it comes to party line politics.  Obama has been groomed to take full advantage of this, but as others have pointed out, he is an empty suit when it comes to substance.  Regardless of who wins, the next four years are not going to be pretty.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale