Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: zeronio]
    #860875 - 09/03/02 05:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, the mushrooms on the elephant dung are Psilocybe coprophila, a non-active psilocybe, but still a cool mushroom to find, and thats a great pic of them you have there :smile: And wild Ganja, man thats a nice find. I found some wild weed growing in Minnesota earlier this year, it was crappy ditchweed left over from the second world war when it was grown for hemp. Almost zero THC in the bud of the plants, but still a cool find nonetheless. Is the wild sativa you found active, or just rope dope like mine?

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Loc: Uk, India, USA... Im ever...
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: Lizard King]
    #860959 - 09/03/02 05:54 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hello again
hmmmm marijuana :yes it did originate in the himalayas, from where it spread pretty much all around the world. they have pure sativas in the indian part of himalayas : its not unusual to see 15 foot plants or bigger... in afghanistan, the himalayas sort of carry on to become the hindukush
there they have the more indica dominant, rather completely indica dominant plants from which we get todays afghani #1, kush, and the much loved northern lights :smile:

lizard king:: id have been disappointed if i hadnt come across some wild ganja man. theres so much ganja in the himalayas that it grows in towns, on the side of the road, in fields, iin meadows... its a weed man :smirk: ... if you want, ill post some pics of when i was in manali(major hippy destination, lots of ganja plants + charas)
and the parbati valley - literally awash in cannabis plants :grin: . as for being active - it most certainly is man. this shit is not hemp - its cannabis sativa, tho these plants were still a month n a half to two months form completion, i.e. just started budding...

am glad u like the pic of the coprophiliacs, wudnt have guessed they were psilocybes, but they looked cool nonetheless! :grin:

peace guys... later
ds : :shocked: 

--------------------
The future is uncertain
And the end is always near.
James Douglas Morrison.

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: lizardking]
    #861734 - 09/03/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Once again great shots...really sweet journey. I would guess that there are several species of psilocybe in that dung...could be wrong though. As for the wild cannabis, also fab the birthplace nonetheless...I also found one lone plant growing from a curb just last week, I took some pics...will post them...truely a funny sight.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #861823 - 09/03/02 01:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i wish weed grew like that around here man the only place that look like that are a few choice spot up in the hills

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #863734 - 09/04/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The first photo appears to be a type of Psilocybe.
-IIt may be Psilocybe Cubensis, or, Psilocybe SubCubensis??

Mjshroomer, What are those!?

lizardking, you found those growing from elephant dung??

The second photo is Panaeolus antillarum.
-Inactive.

The rest of the mushrooms are none of interest..

Keep shroomin,
Safe travels,

Keep shroomin,
GG

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #868006 - 09/06/02 09:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hey great one
all the mushrooms except the one which shows them growing in dung were found in the himalayas. the last set of pics shows the shrooms in elephant dung and then elephants..

peace n love
ds

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #868113 - 09/06/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Very nice LK, the coprophiloc mushrooms in the elephant dung are Psilocybe coprophilous.

a safe journey. Im away in SE Asia and heading soon for Cambodia and to Burma,

Mj

Edited by mjshroomer (09/07/02 08:52 AM)

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Re: Himalayan Mushrooms! Pretty ones too... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #868434 - 09/07/02 06:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hey mj
thanks man. that link didnt work, even when i played with it a bit. i like your site though. dude, this is funny - but ive heard of you before on the goa circuit. im not sure if you're the same person, but we might have an acquaintance in common :smile:
would like to pm you but dont know how to yet on this site. lemme say, your reputation precedes you :smile: if you are the same mushroom john that is :shocked:

anyways enjoy your travels man...
peace
lk 

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate