Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
Seeding pastures?
    #861668 - 09/03/02 02:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Despite seemingly optimal conditions, I'm beginning to suspect that the local pastures in my parts don't produce the right kind of shrooms. I think it would be way cool if I could introduce Cubies to this place. Does anyone have any kind advice on 'seeding' a local pasture? Can I begin with spores or need I use fully colonized cakes and Moe's outdoor tek? I'd rather not have to spend the time out in the open digging in the pastures if you know what I mean...
If spores are possible, how should I proceed? - I suspect it's not as simple as injecting a turd.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Seeding pastures? [Re: jimsuzo]
    #861680 - 09/03/02 02:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but if you're willing to grow out PF jars, why not try the outdoor tek at home? Much safer than sneaking around in a field where you admit you don't want to stick around long enough to dig in.

Peace

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
Re: Seeding pastures? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #864664 - 09/05/02 04:44 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah - I'm already plannin to do the outdoor tek at home. I'm just thinking it'd be way cool to get some shrooms going in a pasture where they currently ain't happening. In any case, I saw recent post about someone just sqirting spores under shaded cowpies and it working for them. Think I'll give it a try.....

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
    #865009 - 09/05/02 08:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

with some species, the cow has to ingest the spores. I'd try sporeprinting on some clover, or whatever cows favorite foods are, and feeding it to the cow. If you grow already an unsteril sporeprint aint shit. you could give it to all the cows.

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #865017 - 09/05/02 08:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah - I'm already plannin to do the outdoor tek at home. I'm just thinking it'd be way cool to get some shrooms going in a pasture where they currently ain't happening. In any case, I saw recent post about someone just sqirting spores under shaded cowpies and it working for them. Think I'll give it a try.....

Try it and report back to us how well it worked.  I think if you do the outdoor tek at home, you'll soon have more than enough for your needs and probably won't even venture back into that field...  :grin:

Good luck! 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation