Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelegalbeagle
Stranger
A Palestinian MLK
    #8616505 - 07/10/08 08:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Does Palestine need an MLK-like figure? Or for that matter... do middle eastern Arabs need an MLK figure? Or perhaps a Gandhi would be more appropriate? Would non-violent protest work in the middle east? I feel like it would. The Palestinians are doing nothing for their cause my running bombs into Israel. They need to stage hunger strikes and sit-ins. Wouldn't your view of the Palestinian cause become more sympathetic if they all of a sudden started marching in mass for a sit in at the gaza-israli border?

Have there ever been any such figures and have they worked?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: legalbeagle]
    #8616697 - 07/10/08 09:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I dont support Palestine at all.  I think they have one of the most disgusting cultures on the planet.

A decade or two of non-violence would sure as hell alter my point of view. 

Palestine is fucked up because of their violent and hateful culture.  They would have no reason to protest or march if they adopt nonviolence, because the solution to their problems would already be at hand.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: DieCommie]
    #8616818 - 07/10/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Palestine = Terrorism and death....

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8617445 - 07/10/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Palestine = A bunch of pissed off motherfuckers because the Jews keep stealin their land.

Good? No

Bad? Yes

Justified? Perhaps...

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8617475 - 07/10/08 01:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

legalbeagle said:
Would non-violent protest work in the middle east?

Ghandi convinced India to just stop everything until the British
conceded defeat and returned India to the Indians,  it truely
was a beautiful thing when the Muslim Indians said "we are
taking over india, we will kill every last one of you and we
could care less if you fight or not, your pacifism will just
make it easier"

so yeah, I believe it would work for the middle east

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8618980 - 07/10/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That is an excellent and perfectly to the point description of the birth of Pakistan.  I'm sure it probably wasn't a tremendously good idea to put all the murderous fuckwads in one nation together.  Surely critical mass must be obtained at some point.  But, you have to ask yourself, if you were a Hindu Indian back then, wouldn't YOU have done anything just to get rid of the fuckers?

--------------------

Offlinedill705
Amazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Cat's Cradle
Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8619021 - 07/10/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Doesn't Israel kill alot of Palestinians? I'm pretty sure those murderous fucktards do.

I think they are both fucking retarded, but I feel that Palestine may have the better argument, and hence, a more legitamized reason to kill Israelites.

--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: dill705]
    #8622000 - 07/11/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dill705 said:
Doesn't Israel kill alot of Palestinians?

Pretty much only the one's holding rockets and their human shields.  As opposed to cafe goers and market shoppers and bus riders.
Quote:

I think they are both fucking retarded, but I feel that Palestine may have the better argument, and hence, a more legitamized reason to kill Israelites.

Why?  I think exactly the opposite.  I am not aware that there is an Israeli campaign to wipe out Palestinians.  There is a Palestinian campaign to wipe out Israelis.  Have you ever wondered why none of the Arab states will have anything to do with these monsters?  Even the Arabs know they suck.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #8625501 - 07/12/08 01:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

legalbeagle said:
Does Palestine need an MLK-like figure? Or for that matter... do middle eastern Arabs need an MLK figure? Or perhaps a Gandhi would be more appropriate? Would non-violent protest work in the middle east? I feel like it would. The Palestinians are doing nothing for their cause my running bombs into Israel. They need to stage hunger strikes and sit-ins. Wouldn't your view of the Palestinian cause become more sympathetic if they all of a sudden started marching in mass for a sit in at the gaza-israli border?

Have there ever been any such figures and have they worked?

Yes they do need an MLK figure. Israel will only be kind to that don't attack its citizens. They gave Egypt their land back because Egypt was going apeshit. Gaza was returned after the suicide attacks stopped but as you can see now there are tons of rockets coming from Gaza so Israel will not stop blockading Gaza until Gaza learns from the past.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8626288 - 07/12/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Pretty much only the one's holding rockets and their human shields.  As opposed to cafe goers and market shoppers and bus riders.

I don't think this reflects too much of the situation as it is now Israel does kill a lot of Palestinians and a lot of it has to do with obstruction of trade and travel as much as it has to do with military reasons. They likely kill more innocent civilians than militant jihadis.

Quote:

I am not aware that there is an Israeli campaign to wipe out Palestinians.  There is a Palestinian campaign to wipe out Israelis.  Have you ever wondered why none of the Arab states will have anything to do with these monsters?  Even the Arabs know they suck.

Many of these states do posture with Israel Iran is a good example of this but more to the point Palestine is a rallying cry for militant Islamic youth. It's where they go to be myrtars and their families are quite proud of them when they do.

On the subject of Israel's campaigns to wipe out Palestinians you may want to look at their water source sabotage actions in Palestine and the totality of trade restrictions imposed on Palestinians. You may subsequently wonder why Israel sends "Settlers" to it's borders with Palestine and what happened to the previous occupants of the land.

I don't think either side should have the right to impose itself over the other over the land. It just turns out Israel is winning at this feat now. I suspect if the Palestinians were on the offensive they would not feel that there was much to be gained from peace talks as they do now.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8626484 - 07/12/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

They likely kill more innocent civilians than militant jihadis.

DO you have a source for this?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: Redstorm]
    #8626924 - 07/12/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleDieCommie

#8627001 - 07/12/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Nowhere on that site does it quantify the amount of innocents killed.

Regardless, amount of innocents killed does not lead to who is right or wrong, or who broke the agreement last.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8627030 - 07/12/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Nowhere on that site does it quantify the amount of innocents killed.

really?

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html

Quote:

Regardless, amount of innocents killed does not lead to who is right or wrong, or who broke the agreement last.

what exactly is right and wrong

InvisibleDieCommie

#8628064 - 07/13/08 03:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what exactly is right and wrong

Are you asking what I believe is right and wrong?  I believe that the side supporting a two state solution is right and the one supporting a one state solution is wrong.

Sending children to die doesnt make a side right anymore than having superior technology makes a side wrong.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8628285 - 07/13/08 05:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Sending children to die doesnt make a side right anymore than having superior technology makes a side wrong.

and when it comes to killing children through collateral losses, is that any better

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8629492 - 07/13/08 02:04 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

When the rocket firers launch their missiles from school buildings into the middle of towns are you just supposed to take it?  When the inevitable response comes, who is culpable for the deaths?  If some guy holding a baby pulls a gun and shoots at you do you shoot back?  Do you call your mom?  Why do you hate Jews?

--------------------

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8629664 - 07/13/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hating on Israel is not hating jews. Many nice jewish people are ashamed of what Israel does with Palestine.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: A Palestinian MLK [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8629702 - 07/13/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It is certainly true that hating on Israel is not the same as hating on Jews by definition.  But given the conditions the only rational explanation for condemning Israel for its actions vis a vis the situations I outlined is, in fact, Jew hating.  All other explanations degenerate into nonsense after two sentences.  You can certainly take issue with some of the settlements but firing back at assholes sending rockets is not just cause.  The rockets are coming from Gaza, which they did give back. 

Many nice Jewish people are morons.  I know several.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8630517 - 07/13/08 06:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
When the rocket firers launch their missiles from school buildings into the middle of towns are you just supposed to take it?  When the inevitable response comes, who is culpable for the deaths?  If some guy holding a baby pulls a gun and shoots at you do you shoot back?  Do you call your mom?  Why do you hate Jews?

what's supposed to protect the villages from the IDF with their
bulldozers, are they not allowed to protect their homes, their
lives and livelihoods? Why is Israel violating UN resolution in
order to move 'settlers' into these occupied territories. What
about when Israel blockades a town preventing medical treatment
from reaching the injured, what would you do if your home were
occupied by an aggressor

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale