Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezintor
Apprentice

salvia help drying questions
    #8611045 - 07/09/08 01:26 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i just bought a salvia plant off of MOD EDIT: NO SOURCES. Please read the rules and i got how to grow basicly every thing else except how to dry i have heard its better to dry fast i have heard its better to dry slow and its better to cure cause it breaks down certin chemicals to active or somthing on that order can some one explain the best method for dry/curing

ps thank you

Edited by felixhigh (07/09/08 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
Re: salvia help drying questions [Re: zintor]
    #8612700 - 07/09/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If you want to dry it naturally yet fast, break the central vein of the leaf a couple of times than lay it on some kind of mesh.

Also, freezing and thawing seems to help drying.

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: salvia help drying questions [Re: fushock]
    #8612898 - 07/09/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Slowly drying damn near any plant, helps to break down the chlorophyll. If you have ever smoked microwaved bud, you would understand what I am saying. Speed up drying by removing the leaves from the stem. Put the leaves in a small paper bag and stir them daily. You should have dried foliage in a week. This works well for dagga, MJ leaves (for canna butter) and kratom too.

Drying salvia slowly shouldn't be that slow actually. The drawback is a possible mold issue as is the case with MJ. I would just run thin nylon string back and forth through a cardboard box. Cut the salvia into appropriate sized pieces, and hang them up. Keep the lid closed, and fan the box 1x daily.

EG

Invisiblewickedsick
<(^.^<)<(^.^)>(>^.^)>
 User Gallery

Re: salvia help drying questions [Re: fushock]
    #8613214 - 07/09/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:
If you want to dry it naturally yet fast, break the central vein of the leaf a couple of times than lay it on some kind of mesh.

Also, freezing and thawing seems to help drying.

what does breaking the central vein do if the leaf is already removed from the plant?????

answer: nothing: put them in a closet on a mesh rack, get them dry then smoke with a torch :tongue::thumbup:

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
Slowly drying damn near any plant, helps to break down the chlorophyll. If you have ever smoked microwaved bud, you would understand what I am saying. Speed up drying by removing the leaves from the stem. Put the leaves in a small paper bag and stir them daily. You should have dried foliage in a week. This works well for dagga, MJ leaves (for canna butter) and kratom too.

Drying salvia slowly shouldn't be that slow actually. The drawback is a possible mold issue as is the case with MJ. I would just run thin nylon string back and forth through a cardboard box. Cut the salvia into appropriate sized pieces, and hang them up. Keep the lid closed, and fan the box 1x daily.

EG

salvia dries very fast..... its lives in a humid enviroment  ........:einstein:

--------------------
enjoy your seizure
"Ninja Jar ©"Tek
Mycelium Water TEK

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
You don't need to drill a lot of holes.  Some growers choose to fan several times per day instead.
RR [/quote]

Edited by wickedsick (07/09/08 02:06 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: salvia help drying questions [Re: wickedsick]
    #8613538 - 07/09/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Why did you quote me? Read the first sentence of my second paragraph. He asked a legit question, so as always, I gave a legit answer.

EG

Offlinezintor
Apprentice

Re: salvia help drying questions [Re: ethnoguy]
    #8615804 - 07/10/08 12:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ok thx guys if you or any one else has a suggustion please leave it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds