Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGriMsouL
Wizard Of Odds

The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see.
    #8611739 - 07/09/08 05:36 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ive only been growing for a year and even though i still dont consider myself a pro , ive managed to observe 1 thing in this entire process.

I had 1 cake, and my fruiting setup was on perlite inside a poor mans terrarium ( Coke bottle )

Take a look at the picture below by clicking on the link:

http://www.upload.mn/view/wwf9hesi81sz6qc2k9vk.jpg

It is important to note that this is the same cake in both pictures, both where dunked for exactly the same time in the fridge and both flushes had identical growing conditions, and that the picture on the left, was not even 100% ready for harvest!

The picture on the right was fanned in a lazy manner, sometimes i would fan them once a day , sometimes 10 a day, and i didnt take the time to give it a good breeze.. it was done very lazily.

After getting a shit flush, i cam on the shroomery for some advice and after a bit of research i came to the conclusion that my cakes where not getting enough fresh air exchange. So after that i adopted a strict - 3 time a day fan , taking 2 minutes to make sure all the air is distributed evenly inside my terrarium.

Im sure you all know it, air exchange is vital for fruit growth, but i just wanted everyone who didnt know it , to learn from my mistake and hopefully the picture is a visual reminder that air exchange shouldnt be done half heartedly

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see. [Re: GriMsouL]
    #8611750 - 07/09/08 05:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting. But 3 times a day seems a lot to me, and the possibilities of a contamination get higher. Also it would be harder to keep a high humidity in the box, right?

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

OfflineGriMsouL
Wizard Of Odds

Re: The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see. [Re: Hiei]
    #8611758 - 07/09/08 05:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

once there is 100% colonization of mycelium , it becomes contam resistant , plus the poor man terrarium is a small space so the humidity will just raise back to normal in a matter of an hour

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see. [Re: Hiei]
    #8612063 - 07/09/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hiei said:
Interesting. But 3 times a day seems a lot to me, and the possibilities of a contamination get higher. Also it would be harder to keep a high humidity in the box, right?

Not quite.

Three fannings per day is minimum.  In addition, the more you fan to provide fresh air, the LESS your chance of contamination.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineendepth
The world remains ever the same.

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8612217 - 07/09/08 09:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

Hiei said:

Not quite.

Three fannings per day is minimum.  In addition, the more you fan to provide fresh air, the LESS your chance of contamination.
RR

:yesnod:

--------------------
Being normal is nothing to aspire to. It is something to get away from.

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see. [Re: endepth]
    #8612488 - 07/09/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I learn something new everyday. eheh.

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

OfflineSelfDestruct
noobzilla

Re: The importance of gas exchange in your fruiting chamber, must see. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8612686 - 07/09/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

Hiei said:

Not quite.

RR

:rockon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix