Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Marijuana Suspect Caught Driving Stolen Golf Cart On I-81 [VA]
    #8610462 - 07/08/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Police: Marijuana Suspect Caught Driving Stolen Golf Cart On I-81 :wtf:
July 9, 2008 - tricities.com

ABINGDON, Va. – Ryan Montgomery’s tumultuous night began behind the wheel of an Acura with what authorities said was a marijuana pipe in his lap, and ended while piloting a stolen golf cart along Interstate 81.

In a matter of hours between late Monday and pre-dawn Tuesday, the 20-year-old Virginia Beach resident pinballed in and out of the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail, where he is currently held in lieu of a $2,500 secured bond.

After his first release from jail on a possession of marijuana charge, Montgomery was spotted in a golf cart on I-81 around 2 a.m. by Ricky Stumbo, who hours earlier had resigned as a police officer for the town of Damascus, Va.

“You’re not going to believe this,” Stumbo told a dispatcher in a 911 call. “Your golf cart is on I-81 northbound. I about clobbered him.”

“Good times,” an unidentified officer responded in the 911 recording.

Montgomery evidently took the cart from a private residence on Lee Highway and was seen on U.S. Highway 58 before he turned onto the interstate, according to an incident report.

“He was driving it because he wanted to be pulled over because he was lost,” the arresting officer wrote in a complaint charging Montgomery with grand larceny.

In a statement, Washington County Sheriff Fred Newman said Montgomery “was trying to make his way home – to Virginia Beach!!!”

It was Montgomery’s second brush with Washington County authorities.

Earlier on Monday evening, a deputy said he stopped a gold Acura on Tumbling Creek Road for “tailgating and bright lighting” a pickup.

Deputy T.E. Dula noticed that the driver, Montgomery, had a “glass smoking device with green plant material and brown residue” in his lap. Montgomery admitted that the pipe and a plastic baggie of marijuana belonged to him.

Montgomery, Dula wrote in his report, “was very uncooperative,” calling the traffic stop “bull----” and making a derogatory remark toward the deputy. He was not carrying identification, had no ties to the area and was arrested out of concern that he would not appear in court. Two juveniles also were in the car.

Montgomery was initially released on a $2,500 bond for the marijuana possession.

It is not clear what Montgomery was doing in the area, and on Tuesday he declined an interview request through a corrections officer. The address in Virginia Beach he gave police has an unlisted telephone number.

The phone number he gave police is his cell phone, which is still on, but fetched only voicemail after playing the theme to “Mission Impossible.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Marijuana Suspect Caught Driving Stolen Golf Cart On I-81 [VA] [Re: veggie]
    #8610485 - 07/08/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: He's either totally crazy or incredibly stupid. I can't seem to decide which. :tongue:

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8610491 - 07/08/08 10:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

omg that was hilarious. someone had to make that one up!!!

Quote:

The phone number he gave police is his cell phone, which is still on, but fetched only voicemail after playing the theme to “Mission Impossible.”

Offlinelinx88
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Marijuana Suspect Caught Driving Stolen Golf Cart On I-81 [VA] [Re: usg543]
    #8610534 - 07/08/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

that is the funniest thing I've read all day...amazing...simply...amazing.

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#8610564 - 07/08/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hahha he posted the wrong pic at first... put the writer of the article instead of the criminal. i was like "i can't see that nerdy guy doing that"

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
Re: Marijuana Suspect Caught Driving Stolen Golf Cart On I-81 [VA] [Re: Le_Canard]
    #8610641 - 07/08/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
:lol: He's either totally crazy or incredibly stupid. I can't seem to decide which. :tongue:

sounds like he's just really fun to me

--------------------
omg really?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Marijuana Suspect Caught Driving Stolen Golf Cart On I-81 [VA] [Re: impgl]
    #8610915 - 07/09/08 12:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

“You’re not going to believe this,” Stumbo told a dispatcher in a 911 call. “Your golf cart is on I-81 northbound. I about clobbered him.”

“Good times,” an unidentified officer responded in the 911 recording.

:rofl:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom