Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

blue on growing cakes
    #8609414 - 07/08/08 06:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hey im starting to get faint blue on my 2 cakes.  and at the base of the pins that are growing...also blue patches

what is this?  is it normal?

maybe they need water??here

?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Edited by djblackout (07/08/08 07:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineendepth
The world remains ever the same.

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: djblackout]
    #8609461 - 07/08/08 06:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Once again...

This question gets asked once a week. It is bruising. Are you misting them? What is your rH like? These questions will help answer WHY you are bruising.

Post up some pictures.

Next time at least TRY to search. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Being normal is nothing to aspire to. It is something to get away from.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: endepth]
    #8609484 - 07/08/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ive been searching but havent found shit.

ive been misting alot.  my rh stays above 95

ill have pictures in a few minutes  but its a shitty camera.

i dont know how the pins can be bruising because i have not touched them.  only the cake,  and was very gentle

also,  should i stop misting them since there are pins?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineBlargIAmDead
Shroom Samurai
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8609498 - 07/08/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Offlineendepth
The world remains ever the same.

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #8609511 - 07/08/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Being normal is nothing to aspire to. It is something to get away from.

Edited by Prisoner#1 (07/08/08 08:16 PM)

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8609512 - 07/08/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

here

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8609515 - 07/08/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah jackass.  its not the same as what im getting.

and OBVIOUSLY i knew that dehydration could be a factor and bruising, SINCE I ALREADY MENTIONED IT IN THE OG POST>

--------------------

OfflineBlargIAmDead
Shroom Samurai
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8609604 - 07/08/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you endepth. Manged to avoid that pick for most of my life....And if you knew all this....why are you asking again? O.o Bluing on mushrooms can also occur if you're spraying too hard or too close. Bluing occurs (generally) for a couple reasons: handling, dehydration, and misting too close/too big droplets. Figure out which it is for you...Jackass back at ya :smile:

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8609786 - 07/08/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

so its nothing to be worried about?

and should i just mist once a day then fan hard?

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8609792 - 07/08/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlargIAmDead said:
Thank you endepth. Manged to avoid that pick for most of my life....And if you knew all this....why are you asking again? O.o Bluing on mushrooms can also occur if you're spraying too hard or too close. Bluing occurs (generally) for a couple reasons: handling, dehydration, and misting too close/too big droplets. Figure out which it is for you...Jackass back at ya :smile:

jackass wasnt at you

--------------------

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
    #8609822 - 07/08/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
so its nothing to be worried about?

and should i just mist once a day then fan hard?

Mist as needed.  You don't want your cakes drowning but you want transpiration.  You can fan as much as you like.  If the cakes appear a bit dry mist.  You should point the mister up and not directly towards the cake.  That could cause your issue.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: hottamali]
    #8609839 - 07/08/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ah so kinda make it rain onto them?  what about standing back like 2 feet from the box and spraying into it?

--------------------

Offlinehottamali
Stranger
    #8609873 - 07/08/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That's fine stand back and spray. The idea is not to let large drops of water which might come out of the spray bottle hit the cakes or even a fine mist directly sprayed close will potentially hit too hard or allow a few large water droplets shoot out.  the bluing is not a big deal though.  If you unsure get a  Qtip and swab the spot and if it only bluing nothing will come off.  If color comes off on to Qtip you have a different problem with a contam.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: hottamali]
    #8609880 - 07/08/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i think they are turning out lovely.  once i get the blueing gone ill be all straight.  so many pinsets

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8609952 - 07/08/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

As far as misting goes get one of these >>

The "Mist'er lizard" sprayer not the iguanna I mean :lol:

the thing makes the finest most perfect mist once you adjust it right

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: Blutjager]
    #8609971 - 07/08/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you get those at any pet store?

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8610022 - 07/08/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yep,and don't forget a few bags of bird basics and all the coir on the shelf while your there :hehehe:

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: Blutjager]
    #8610027 - 07/08/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i was thinking about picking up some coir.  but not the bird stuff

--------------------

OfflineAntii
Accident

#8610091 - 07/08/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ye you should stop misting, direct water can cause the pins to rot...

--------------------
"Be yourself, because those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter." by Dr. Seuss

Trade List!!

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: blue on growing cakes [Re: Antii]
    #8610196 - 07/08/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I never stop misting casings when they look like they need it,may be different dealing with cakes but Ive never had a single problem due to it

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale