Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleComputerTekGuy
Teh Awesome
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: druqs]
    #8617038 - 07/10/08 11:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I love hunting and fishing!

Gun, bow, fishing rod, knife, beer and permit. You'll find me in the woods then :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeebies
Male

Loc: Transgenic corn&beans, USA Flag
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Chemy]
    #8617088 - 07/10/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Where I live, it's only archery and shotgun hunting. If you want to talk about inhumane, let's talk about people slinging lead at deer running through the woods until they hurt one bad enough to be able to walk up to it and finish it off.

I disagree that bowhunting is inhumane. Most of my deer have been killed with a bow with a 50lb draw weight. I won't say I've never made a bad shot and had the deer get away wounded, but the vast majority of my kills were very quick. I won't argue that shooting a deer with a bow kills by hemorrhaging without the shock, but in my experience, the deer doesn't even know what happened. Sometimes, they don't even realize they've been shot. As far as taking thirty minutes to die? that's a bit of a stretch. If I make a good double lung/heart shot at a reasonable range I can expect that deer to die within 1 minute of the shot. No lie.

Bowhunting can be just as humane/inhumane as any other type of hunting. It all depends on the hunter and his morality.

that said, I really love being out hunting and fishing. It's my favorite pastime.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: druqs]
    #8617135 - 07/10/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I hunt too.

Every weekend at the grocery store I dig through the beef and chicken freezer to find the freshest looking meat.  Sometimes it takes a lot of patience.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: badchad]
    #8617167 - 07/10/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
I hunt too.

Every weekend at the grocery store I dig through the beef and chicken freezer to find the freshest looking meat.  Sometimes it takes a lot of patience.

:lol:
I think thats more akin to foraging.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Jeebies]
    #8617260 - 07/10/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jeebies said:
If I make a good double lung/heart shot at a reasonable range I can expect that deer to die within 1 minute of the shot. No lie.

Bowhunting can be just as humane/inhumane as any other type of hunting. It all depends on the hunter and his morality.

that said, I really love being out hunting and fishing. It's my favorite pastime.

I hope you read my reply to Brainiac before though.

You are right it depends on the hunter entirely.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Edited by Chemy (07/10/08 12:44 PM)

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #8617379 - 07/10/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

another really fun thing to hunt is crabs.  i find it alot more fun if you don't use a trap.

a couple sticks and my eyes are what i use...  the added danger of being pinched makes it more exciting!

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Edited by Shins (07/10/08 12:53 PM)

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Shins]
    #8617427 - 07/10/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
another really fun thing to hunt is crabs.  i find it alot more fun if you don't use a trap.

a couple sticks and my eyes are what i use...  the added danger of being pinched makes it more exciting!

Can you elaborate? That sounds very interesting.

Only crabs around here are something called blue crab, even the Haitians I know won't eat, and they fish the intracoastal and local canals and eat the fish:puke:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#8617455 - 07/10/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well.. you just need to go to a place you know there are crabs, get in the water and either feel around with your feet, or look around with your eyes.  (ps. the water is usally Fing cold)

then when you see one pin it down with a stick then either dive down and grab it from behind (where the pinchers cant reach)  or pick it up with the other stick like chopsticks.

they can be suprisingly strong so if you grab them you need to try to get them in a way that their legs cant push on anything cuz before you know it they can get in a position to pinch you! :eek:

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: ray40cal]
    #8617941 - 07/10/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Just a quick point to the original poster: Just because it wasn't raised on a factory farm doesn't mean it's organic. Free range sure, but not organic. There's a reason why you're not supposed to forage wild plants from the roadside, and by that reasoning I can see how some toxins/hormones/etc. could end up in that rabbit or squirrel.

Besides that, hunt on!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #8618071 - 07/10/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ray40cal said:
How many of you on here are outdoorsmen? I'm an avid hunter and fisher. Now seems like the best time to hunt. Food prices are going up, so instead of paying 5 dollars at KFC just pop some squirrels and rabbits for the price of a .22 bullet.  I had a weeks worth of free food gathered in 1 day (well it probably cost about .50 cents for the 5 .177 pellets used to bag the squirrels/rabbits) ORGANIC meat, organic wild morrells, healthiest kind of food you can get, for free in the begining of spring squirrel season -!rabbits too, they are all year round in my state!-. Hunting is a good way to save money meat-wise. Everyone knows how the price of beef has started to increase dramatically. You gotta treat present day burgers like past-time steaks. Not only is hunting and fishing good for your food supply and easy on the wallet, but its healthy because you can get organic all natural food, exercise, peace and quiet, and fresh air all at the same time.  Use this thread to share some hunting stories, tips, post some pictures if you got them.

Disclaimer just in case: As for all you animal rights people, if there are any in the shroomery; Make a new post to flame on hunters and how cruel we are or whatever your disposition consists of. Don't bring it to my thread. I'm a member of the Big Ape squad, Anti-Peta Enforcement.

We have a lot in common!

I hunt and fish, have many rifles and shotguns, pellet guns, hand guns and I used to spend every weekend in the fields and waterways  of NYS. Quite a bit of Salt water fishing too.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Ripple]
    #8618130 - 07/10/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

fishin sucks!

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: sucklesworth]
    #8618136 - 07/10/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

no way!

How have you done this year?

--------------------

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
    #8618146 - 07/10/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

been out a lot

no trophies yet......

thats all gonna change starting tomorrow eve - gonna fish all weekend, a couple times next week, all of next weekend and then I'll be in Kodiak for a week

:brow:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8618190 - 07/10/08 04:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Sweet.....I wanna come out and eat some BBQ Salmon!

--------------------

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
    #8618230 - 07/10/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

gross

--------------------

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

#8618821 - 07/10/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i have an extreme addiction to hunting and fishing, nebraska is a great place to be if you love hunting and fishing.

with food getting so expensive i have been saving HUNDREDS of dollars catching my own food this summer. i have prolly caught over 100lbs of fish this year alone, i like to help out my friends too by giving them some, none goes to waste.

CANT WAIT TILL THE FALL THO!

OfflineWornTraveler
Captain Cannabis
Male

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: Leanin]
    #8618936 - 07/10/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've been around guns all my life, family reunions are usually full of people talking about the last hunting season. I have hunted but not nearly as much as I would like.

I first got into hunting in just about the kick-est way possible- my grandma lived in Ohio and had a garden that was constantly getting dug up by squirrels, rabbits, possums and raccoons. She eventually got fed up with it, though. There was a little swing in the garden that I loved to sit in as a kid- one day she brought out my grandpa's squirrel gun, handed it to me, briefly explained how to use it and told me to blast anything that tried to dig her garden.

We had some interesting meals that summer, and I got some interesting new mittens. :tongue2:

Nowadays in Florida it's not exactly the kind of place where I can hunt that often, but I've had a blast doing a lot of different kinds of hunting when I can. I once went on a primitive wild boar hunt, using horses, hounds, and hunting horns to find a boar, then a handgun to take it down at close range. Talk about INTENSE. I eventually bagged one after a week of that, though I got a pretty nasty scar when not one, not two, but THREE hits with a 9mm failed to put a charging boar down. It rammed me, gored up my leg, and ran nearly half a mile before it just fell over, like it hadn't even felt the shot till then.

Want something that'll fight back? Go boar hunting lol. They are not indigenous to Florida and are considered a pest, they root around and destroy native flora and ecosystems, so I don't feel as bad about hunting them as I might if I were shooting squirrels who had become fearless around people. AND MAN, I ATE FRESH BACON! I love bacon but man it's a whole lot better when you went out and shot it yourself hehe.

--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #8618977 - 07/10/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't hunt but I'm an avid fisherman.

I know a lot who do hunt and everyone of them will tell you that it's more expensive to hunt than buy your meat at the butchers or supermarket.

They and myself included believe it's worth the extra money though.

It's money for your license and draw and whatnot, major money on going out to the hunting spot(gas, which is majorly expensive just right there, food and other supplies), and for most people, money to get the animal made into steaks, breakfast sausage, peporroni, roasts, burgers, ground hamburger, etc.

As far as fishing, I usually fish catch and release, but definetely keep a few for the freezer.

Offlineleftandright
space stunt man
Male

Loc: (35.7°N/88.4°W)
    #8618991 - 07/10/08 07:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

fucking blue crabs are awesome to eat

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Hunt & fish. [Re: WornTraveler]
    #8619038 - 07/10/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WornTraveler said:
I've been around guns all my life, family reunions are usually full of people talking about the last hunting season. I have hunted but not nearly as much as I would like.

I first got into hunting in just about the kick-est way possible- my grandma lived in Ohio and had a garden that was constantly getting dug up by squirrels, rabbits, possums and raccoons. She eventually got fed up with it, though. There was a little swing in the garden that I loved to sit in as a kid- one day she brought out my grandpa's squirrel gun, handed it to me, briefly explained how to use it and told me to blast anything that tried to dig her garden.

We had some interesting meals that summer, and I got some interesting new mittens. :tongue2:

Nowadays in Florida it's not exactly the kind of place where I can hunt that often, but I've had a blast doing a lot of different kinds of hunting when I can. I once went on a primitive wild boar hunt, using horses, hounds, and hunting horns to find a boar, then a handgun to take it down at close range. Talk about INTENSE. I eventually bagged one after a week of that, though I got a pretty nasty scar when not one, not two, but THREE hits with a 9mm failed to put a charging boar down. It rammed me, gored up my leg, and ran nearly half a mile before it just fell over, like it hadn't even felt the shot till then.

Want something that'll fight back? Go boar hunting lol. They are not indigenous to Florida and are considered a pest, they root around and destroy native flora and ecosystems, so I don't feel as bad about hunting them as I might if I were shooting squirrels who had become fearless around people. AND MAN, I ATE FRESH BACON! I love bacon but man it's a whole lot better when you went out and shot it yourself hehe.

Ohh man, I worked for a crazy ex-Marine in Davie that bowhunts boar, one time he missed while being charged and had to take the thing down with his K-Bar, he got a broken leg and a bunch of flesh taken out his leg. He has a pic on his wall and mounted trophy.
I've never boar hunted but that's pretty much my only option unless I drive up near Ocala, and that's out of the question.

You say you eat blue crab? Everyone around here says not to, if the Haitians I know won't eat it, then.....

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale